MW performance on ipods?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MW performance on ipods?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

MW performance on ipods?

I have an iPad2 and an iPhone 4s. In the past I've played the game on a Nexus 7 as well.

My iPhone 4s plays the game very smoothly and I can burn through 50 stamina in under 2 minutes.

My iPad2 is a different story. The animations bog down performance and it takes forever to burn through 40 stamina. Maybe up to 4-5 minutes. Gross.

The Nexus 7 was okay, somewhere between the iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.

I would like to start another account and want to pick up a used iPod but I dont want to overspend as I will only use it for MW. Who plays on iPods? How would you rate it's performance? And what generation iPod do you use?? Thanks in advance! This question is probably best answered by those who play on multiple devices.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have a 4th gen touch and it plays the game pretty well but not as good as my ipad. With newest update it crashes every now and then.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I purchased an Ipad Mini refurbed for $279 and its perfect for MW. I would recommend it over a used iPod because it can run iOS 7 and the larger screen is a big help. I played in on an iPod but it makes a world of difference with the bigger screen in terms of the animation you can now see and the increased detail.

Typing away in an old Cold War missile silo.
    Post Count
    My buddy uses an iPod, and it performs pretty well, sometimes better than my iPhone 4.
    |Trophy Case|
    Dust, a few rubles, cobwebs, gum wrappers, obsolete units

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks guys, I will look into a 4th gen probably unless I get a review of a 3rd gen. I wouldnt buy another iPad unless I broke this one. I wish we had the option to turn the animations off as I believe that would solve 90% of my grief on my iPad 2.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I play on an iPad2 and 5th generation ipod. The ipad loads rivals bases more faster and raids faster than my ipod. I don't know if it's because in the Ipad I have a LLP and most of the rivals bases are small.
    I started playing on a 4th generation ipod too but it's more slower so I stopped using it

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    My main game is on my iPod touch 3rd gen and it runs it smoothly, although it sucks up my battery life quite quickly. I also have an iPhone 4 which I bought mainly for MW (and talk/text of course). Didn't realize they removed the transfer game option. So now I'm stuck with my Main on my iPod since it seems complicated to transfer it to my iPhone. The iPhone is normally faster then my iPod. But I would go for a 4th gen ipod if I were you.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    the game sucks battery life on an I touch 3rd gen that I have, but I didn't play for long on there. I switched to iPad 3 right away for the bigger screen. I think it ran somewhat smoothly but that was before all the factions, LE buildings, and stuff like that. Idk if those make a difference but oh well. Hope this helps!
    Are you in a small faction trying to grow and buy bonuses? Send me a private message, I'm willing to help out. 270M IPH.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks guys. After playing the game on my 4s I feel really bad for those who have only experienced the game on an underpowered device. If I had began my game on my iPad 2 I bet I never would have stuck with it and playing on the Nexus 7 was a PITA. Restarts every time I moved locations, etc

Of course a simple Low Resolution mode or an option to turn off animations would probably solve everything. I wonder why this hasn't been implemented. Puzzling...

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I use an iPod, sometimes it works well. Better than Android, at least.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have a iPod 3. Very slow, plus the fact it has a 2.5yo battery, that ges from full charge to low battery in less then 10 minutes when mw is open. And no videos, the new kind, to boot! IMO, only do it if you're hooked and have zero other options.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I have an account on a 3rd gen iPod. It crashes every so often. Moving around the screen like looking at my base is a bit lagging and the time it takes to do a mission is a little slower. Other than that, it's fine

Post Count
    i have the ipod that was released around 2010 (3rd gen i think, plz correct me) and the only issues i have are with raiding rivals, sometimes it takes literally 10 minutes for one attack, but it only happens during boss events and sometimes world domination when i need to raid sum quik cash.

My ally codes-341780448 *Modern War*

Started game during Greenland campaign

lv132 atk 16'513'225 def 27'191'202