Camping is no longer a viable strategy - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Camping is no longer a viable strategy

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jchow69 View Post
    The boss LTQ would be a great idea. I defeated Pran Kushal Sikand 40 times and if this can be a collective thing, I would get more great prizes.
    Not so sure when ive heard tales of bosses having to be beaten 1200 times.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    1200 is just over 20 times per players, depending on those boss strength I think its doable!

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by S&H Max View Post
    1200 is just over 20 times per players, depending on those boss strength I think its doable!
    No, like there were quests in KA that was like beat the boss 5, 10, 20, ... times collectively. When you finished the quest to beat boss 5 times, it resets to 0/10 on the quest to beat 10, so every1 has to beat the boss like 50 times to collectively finish the whole thing.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    An example would be building up an LLP to hunt these campers. With all the new high value units plus good valour units you can quickly build a low level high stat player that can go in and remove huge quantities of unprotected cash because the camper has not wanted to do PvP to get these units.
    AO, you are forgetting building LTQ. Which means that hardcore camper would be beaten only by heavy gold LLP which would level up like a rocket. That's first thing.
    Second thing, many LTQs are opened with 40lvl. So hardcore camper can stay below it without problems - with hundreds of units from scratchers, logon 28 days, best cash units and units from building event.

Saying this, I don't believe that hardcore camping is fun or worth doing. But I do (as someone described) choose what amount of XP I get and then. We all know that in order to be good in one event, you must limit yourself in other events. You you will limit yourself automatically with not being able to go to the end. Everybody can choose whatever they believe it is best.

By the way, they took away scratchers now.

Post Count
    well... growing factions still can have a camper or 3 in their faction. I also have 2, they are indeed cash cows and they put in very much money.. so if they lack on scoring BP's, we will be top 1000 without trouble and we are about rank 333, so when we aim for 250 they go either away or make BP's..
    You win some, you lose some..

Id: 794-635-217

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jchow69 View Post
    No, like there were quests in KA that was like beat the boss 5, 10, 20, ... times collectively. When you finished the quest to beat boss 5 times, it resets to 0/10 on the quest to beat 10, so every1 has to beat the boss like 50 times to collectively finish the whole thing.
    No i play KA, to complete level 10/10 it's 600 wins, overall for the whole LTQ it's 1200 wins. It's definitely doable. It's 20 per person. I'm in a top 75 guild so not a massively powerful one, and we only have 46 members, but we will complete it.

Post Count
    With the prizes available from these quests, high income players don't really have an advantage anymore. It used to be saving up and getting strong was a viable strategy before heading up to higher levels, now with these quests, the way to get strong is too participate, not sit by the sidelines.

I still have a couple of camper accounts just in case the game changes, as it often does, but I don't see any real benefit to the strategy at this point.

On your base raiding your precious buildings
    Post Count
    Camping is useful up to level 40, when you can do the LTQs. At that point it's best to do any and every event.

UNLESS...you buy lots of gold units. (does anyone actually do this?) If you buy gold units you can basically be low level and have as high stats as your paycheck can support.
    Be INTENSE
    Be the BEST
    Be CHAIRMAN MEOW:

Join Drughs: 347004414

Articulate Author Meta Rage Trollbot's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Prvt. Parts View Post
    Camping is useful up to level 40, when you can do the LTQs. At that point it's best to do any and every event.

UNLESS...you buy lots of gold units. (does anyone actually do this?) If you buy gold units you can basically be low level and have as high stats as your paycheck can support.
    I disagree a bit with this thread. Hard cord camping does make sense if you are below, say, level 50. This will allow a newbie to beat several easy epic boss events.

Levels 50-100: Now you can help with wars a bit. No LTQs, no War of Factions.

Level 100-150: This part is tricky. Only now should you consider LTQs, faction events.

Level 150+: Never camp again, you are in the whale zone. Do every event, spend all your money, lose to mega hackers.
    I have gone GREE Free! Ready to be b@nned for life.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Giedrybe View Post
    AO, you are forgetting building LTQ. Which means that hardcore camper would be beaten only by heavy gold LLP which would level up like a rocket. That's first thing.
    Second thing, many LTQs are opened with 40lvl. So hardcore camper can stay below it without problems - with hundreds of units from scratchers, logon 28 days, best cash units and units from building event.

Saying this, I don't believe that hardcore camping is fun or worth doing. But I do (as someone described) choose what amount of XP I get and then. We all know that in order to be good in one event, you must limit yourself in other events. You you will limit yourself automatically with not being able to go to the end. Everybody can choose whatever they believe it is best.

By the way, they took away scratchers now.
    I see your point with LTQ's but even my LLPs below that threshold can get enough strong units to take down campers below L40.

Scratchers were replaced by an indestructible unit a day. Granted if all players log in daily to collect these things then any advantage is neutralized. The whole thing makes for an interesting scenario as the impetus is on doing these things which force players to level up. By sitting them out I believe players give up tactical advantages which are needed later on.

Most important though is it seems that a lot of previous strategies need a second look.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta Rage Trollbot View Post
    I disagree a bit with this thread. Hard cord camping does make sense if you are below, say, level 50. This will allow a newbie to beat several easy epic boss events.

Levels 50-100: Now you can help with wars a bit. No LTQs, no War of Factions.

Level 100-150: This part is tricky. Only now should you consider LTQs, faction events.

Level 150+: Never camp again, you are in the whale zone. Do every event, spend all your money, lose to mega hackers.
    Do you think that camping wastes too much time? Not sure if that is the exact way to put it but I guess I'm really applying this to the camper I hit this morning who has been playing for quite a while (over a year) but is still at a very low level and has a very weak army.

I guess the part that goes hand in hand with where I'm coming from is if you generate a massive economy you should be preparing for the day when you need to make a run for it. That's not what I'm encountering where it seems all of the economic gains are only funneled back into upgrading money buildings and nothing is spent on units or very little.

But not wanting to wake these cash cows up too much I think I'll leave it at that....
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Prvt. Parts View Post

You would get the biggest bang for the $$ in the early stages of the game IMHO but honestly unless your long range plan is to join a top ranked faction you better be prepared to keep spending.

Hard to say though what the new players in this game are doing but at least you have time to get sorted out unlike War of Nations which I gave up on the other day.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    As a free player the biggest concern is Vault protection and increasing it requires a lot of time...hence the need to level slow at first. You can find players with money to loot at the lower levels but it will only be taken away from you unless you can protect it in the vault. There is no point to buy game money units because they are worthlessly weak and cannot be resold. Everything else requires time (land, buildings, upgrades) so the game favors camping to a degree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEdy View Post
    As a free player the biggest concern is Vault protection and increasing it requires a lot of time...hence the need to level slow at first. You can find players with money to loot at the lower levels but it will only be taken away from you unless you can protect it in the vault. There is no point to buy game money units because they are worthlessly weak and cannot be resold. Everything else requires time (land, buildings, upgrades) so the game favors camping to a degree.
    My guess is the game favours spending silly amounts of real money.... Just a feeling......
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Articulate Author Meta Rage Trollbot's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Do you think that camping wastes too much time?
    I think I would get bored of the game if I were camping at this point. Of course, in December of 2011 camping was easy - no pressure to get BP, WD, War of Factions, etc. A non-camper faction would boot you now.

After level 150 you may as well just marry the game and move to a shack in Alaska. The war loot of the Top 25 is too strong and entrenched to sit around.

My take is that camping still makes sense if you are below level 100 and plan on playing a year from now: Unit inflation gives a huge advantage to campers, especially now that we have epic bosses (unlike when MW was launched).

Of course, for some of us the game is winding down.
    I have gone GREE Free! Ready to be b@nned for life.