BlueStacks peformamce - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BlueStacks peformamce

Banned
    Post Count
    Actually I wasn't referring to getting a Kindle. You can download the Kindle version in Bluestacks. It's a lot more stable.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm.J View Post
    Actually I wasn't referring to getting a Kindle. You can download the Kindle version in Bluestacks. It's a lot more stable.
    Just tried it, seems a lot more stable, but you lose a lot of the stuff that came with the new update, no faction tab in goals, and the updates to the faction are not there.

Edit: And my stats are completely screwed, back to the original, not having that crap again lol!!!

2nd Edit: DON'T GO NEAR THE KINDLE VERSION, ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING SUGGESTION, NOW RE-INSTALLED G/PLAY VERSION AND I'VE LOST A LOAD OF ATT/DEF.
    Last edited by TAA Sam; 08-24-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Stats are for sure different on the Kindle version. But like the difference between iOS and Android, it's all a display thing. Haven't actually lost any when switching between them though.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, wasn't a display thing, lost 70k whilst attacking and lost to a player who I should never lose too. Glad it works for you, but not for me!!!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    What I did to make BlueStacks run a little better.

1.Set the RAM to be used to 2048 instead of the default 764

2.Set BlueStacks to run with my dedicated graphics card through the Nvidia control panel.

Still runs sluggish and still crashes with that 1stepsync pop up but overall it is definitely better. I discovered these tips trough the BlueStacks web site support trying to find a fix for 1stepsync problem.

Banned
    Post Count
    A few more details?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    What I did to make BlueStacks run a little better.

1.Set the RAM to be used to 2048 instead of the default 764

2.Set BlueStacks to run with my dedicated graphics card through the Nvidia control panel.

Still runs sluggish and still crashes with that 1stepsync pop up but overall it is definitely better. I discovered these tips trough the BlueStacks web site support trying to find a fix for 1stepsync problem.
    This has helped massively, many thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.J View Post
    A few more details?
    You need to edit a bit in the registry. It's easy if you know what your doing, if not you could cause major issues with your system. Here's what you need to do, but I accept no responsibility if it goes wrong:

REGISTRY MODIFICATION
    1. Stop Bluestacks and restart your computer to stop all Bluestacks services.
    2. Go to your start menu, hit Run, type regedit and hit enter.
    3. Locate the registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/BlueStacks/Guests/Android
    4. Click on Android folder and in the right pane you will see several entries, the last of which should be Memory, and it should be a REG_DWORD type value.
    5. You can change this value (but dont be stupid with it, like setting it to more than half of your computers installed RAM).
    6. When changing the value, it's easier (if you are unfamiliar with Hex) to change the value type in the edit box to decimal.
    7. The value between the ( and ) is the one that represents decimal, and is the one that you want to reflect the amount of RAM you are trying to change to.
    9. I've changed it to 2048 (I have 8 gigs of ram) and have seen a very noticable increase in speed, responsiveness and smoothness in Bluestacks and all apps I've messed with.

From here: http://zasi.org/forums/index.php?topic=75.0

The part about the dedicated graphics, I've no idea as I don't have dedicated graphics.

Banned
    Post Count
    Thank you. Will have to give that a shot.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Looks like TAA Sam cleared it all up for everyone. 😊

Lurker
    Post Count
    My question is ? how can i install the bluestack ? I try it from different sources, download.com and other but on final stage i got a message, the install failed.
    There is trick to install the bluestacks ?

Articulate Author & The Horse U Rode In On's Avatar
    Post Count
    My experience has been similar running the program on a gaming laptop. CPU usage hovers around the 40% point with nothing else running and it seems to pick on my core 3 processor more than the others running it at 80-95% capacity. Fan runs all the time. The CTL +/CTL - zoom trick does not work on mine, so the only way to see the base better is to do the 'fake' base expansion through the store. Lag and crashes occur more often when I leave my base to attack/raid. If I camp on my base I can keep it running all day with no issues. It does NOT like the boss window! Intel i7/6Gb
    &HorseURodeInOn 535775522
    TDF Camel 318089536
    Primary Hook 200935938

Officer of The Dutch Fighters 291664130

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar1usescu View Post
    My question is ? how can i install the bluestack ? I try it from different sources, download.com and other but on final stage i got a message, the install failed.
    There is trick to install the bluestacks ?
    The only time I've had this issue was on a netbook running Windows 7 Starter. Couldn't figure it out at all.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I tried both Kindle and Android versions, and no success. Since the last update, when I try to launch Modern War on BlueStacks I get a black screen and nothing happens.
    Anyone else has this?

P.S. I'm on OSX 10.8.4

Post Count
    The current version of MW on Android does not appear to work with Bluestacks on OSX. I have an iMac and MacBook Pro running it and with the latest version of MW neither will boot up the game. Just get a black screen the first time after reloading the app and when I quit and restart the app loads partially then shuts down.

On a Core 2 Duo laptop running Win 7 and Bluestacks the first time the app loaded it stayed at a black screen for a short period then boot ok. Runs slow but no slower then your LG phone.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    The current version of MW on Android does not appear to work with Bluestacks on OSX. I have an iMac and MacBook Pro running it and with the latest version of MW neither will boot up the game. Just get a black screen the first time after reloading the app and when I quit and restart the app loads partially then shuts down.

On a Core 2 Duo laptop running Win 7 and Bluestacks the first time the app loaded it stayed at a black screen for a short period then boot ok. Runs slow but no slower then your LG phone.
    I guess I'll have to wait for another update then :/