Is Guild Wars crashing for you? Click here!

Sorry, I don't have a solution for you, but I think we should all post details here so the developers/ us players can see if the incidents have something in common... Maybe we are all using older devices, etc.

Device: iPhone 3GS running latest ios 6.1.3. Unjailbroken (6.1.3 can't be jailbroken anyway), 725.3 MB free. I never had any background apps running when my game crashed. My wifi is also very fast (10 mb/s)

Referral code: XBD - XFZ - BBM

Describe circumstances in which your game has crashed:

Fri Aug 16

Right after guild wars came out, I tried to access the guild wars menu and I started crashing.

Maybe the people crashing all tried guild wars right (within minutes) after it came out?

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and powering off and on my device.

Most of the time, I was unable to close the original popup menu (the one with all the banners) without crashing.

I also occasionally got error 16 when reinstalling my app.

After a few hours, I was able to close the main menu and play the game normally, as long as I didn't click on the guild wars button on the left side.

When battle frenzy was activated, my game crashed immediately after trying to close the battle frenzy popup.

There were also times when my armor finished crafting, I opened the game and got the "your armor has finished crafting popup", went to the armorsmith, closed the armorsmith window, and crashed.
    To fix this, I exited the app after going to the armorsmith but before closing the armorsmith window, and fully quit the app. Then I opened the app again and didn't crash.

Sat Aug 17

Today everything works as long as I don't click on the guild wars button on the left.

If my guild is not engaged in a battle, I can click on the guild wars button and view leaderboards, rewards, and previous battles. I can also declare war.

Once war is declared, I cannot open the guild wars button without crashing.

:/
    Crime City: 746 965 434
    Syndicate: 138

Knights and Dragons Guild: Retired
    Recruitment only.

For applications to the Rainbow Coalition pm ilvtfu on line.

**We Support the 11+ Movement**

my theory is that because there are ten of thousands of people attempting to access very specific portions of the game at the same time that gree's server just can't handle it and is getting overloaded. Yes connection can have an effect but i doubt everyone has very poor connection(fyi 10mb/s is terribly slow speeds, no offence but it just is).

anyways thats just my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    my theory is that because there are ten of thousands of people attempting to access very specific portions of the game at the same time that gree's server just can't handle it and is getting overloaded. Yes connection can have an effect but i doubt everyone has very poor connection(fyi 10mb/s is terribly slow speeds, no offence but it just is).

anyways thats just my theory.
    doesn't explain how some people can play guild wars without a problem though...

and its not amazing, but 10 mb down, 10 mb up, and my torrents go pretty fast :P
    Crime City: 746 965 434
    Syndicate: 138

Knights and Dragons Guild: Retired
    Recruitment only.

For applications to the Rainbow Coalition pm ilvtfu on line.

**We Support the 11+ Movement**