Worst war ever!! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst war ever!!

Consistent Contributor Eddard KFF's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    Am I the only one who feels like this war is a lot less fun then the last few? Originally I liked the 45 win addition, but with 50 being more of a stretch it seems like everyone becomes so fixated on this goal. Every war is do-or-die, which is great when Gree starts counting gem sales, but starts to take a toll on your nerves. That, plus the heroic quest is a joke. We all know that there is only one guild that is going to get it.

Also, match times are still absolutely awful, but that's nothing new. It is just more evident and more irritating now that we are all trying to rush to 50 wins.
    No, you're not the only one. Im not fond of this game style either.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword

Join us:
    K.A. TAP 649189477 MIC 184578761
    C.C. DRA 255523694

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    after almost 2 days of this it has become a game of cat and mouse. we just battled a guild approx same strength as us and as we added a few K points they did too. they pause... then add & see them add, etc, etc - its a different battle now and frankly more fun that "hey so and so is lvl 200 but weak; blast gems at him/her!" yeah we out spent them - i think this is better

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco69 View Post
    after almost 2 days of this it has become a game of cat and mouse. we just battled a guild approx same strength as us and as we added a few K points they did too. they pause... then add & see them add, etc, etc - its a different battle now and frankly more fun that "hey so and so is lvl 200 but weak; blast gems at him/her!" yeah we out spent them - i think this is better
    I can guarantee you that all of the top guilds are still using the blast gems at him/her strategy. No matter how gree tries to disguise it the game has become all about who is willing to spend the most amount of gems. Sad really as I have seen several other great games go down because of this. In the other games ultimately entire groups of people left because they decided it wasn't worth it because they would never spend enough money to compete and people never came back to replace those people who left. Ultimately the game shut down because there were not enough people to keep it going.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsh1 View Post
    I can guarantee you that all of the top guilds are still using the blast gems at him/her strategy. No matter how gree tries to disguise it the game has become all about who is willing to spend the most amount of gems. Sad really as I have seen several other great games go down because of this. In the other games ultimately entire groups of people left because they decided it wasn't worth it because they would never spend enough money to compete and people never came back to replace those people who left. Ultimately the game shut down because there were not enough people to keep it going.
    A guy in another thread posted a pic of his guild and a 35-0 record. They had only scored 250k~ CP (compared to millions for those in the top 100 at the time). Sure, this makes the top guilds spend more in spurts, but it gives a lot of the free players something to shoot for as well.

I'm having fun with the challenge. Still don't know if we have any hope for making it, but it's been fun trying.

KA ally code - 583-237-638

MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsh1 View Post
    Sad really as I have seen several other great games go down because of this. In the other games ultimately entire groups of people left because they decided it wasn't worth it because they would never spend enough money to compete and people never came back to replace those people who left. Ultimately the game shut down because there were not enough people to keep it going.
    That is exactly what is going to happen here too. The game is just too top-heavy due to all of the bonuses the top few guilds receive. It gets to the point where there will be a few hundred insanely strong players, and it really isn't any fun for anyone else. Battles are already extremely repetitive and dull between the top 10-12 guilds.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    As a low gem spender I like this format with guild quests a lot more than the older wars. With spending a low amount of gems, I now use my gems to keep me active for each battle, instead of find a duck, blast it till I am out of gems,then do the best I can when I can. I am more active useing this strategy and feel by being active in more battles is helping out more than just blasting the duck.
    These quests are great.
    Daily player

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    That is exactly what is going to happen here too. The game is just too top-heavy due to all of the bonuses the top few guilds receive. It gets to the point where there will be a few hundred insanely strong players, and it really isn't any fun for anyone else. Battles are already extremely repetitive and dull between the top 10-12 guilds.
    And when the insanely strong players are done chewing each other, you'll start to see more empty grassland kingdoms.

wars are still ok, but very gem heavy. The message seems to be, if you don't have mountains, then you're less of a player. What happened to strategy and comradeship? I see myself looking for a let's-just-play guild to retire with. Soon.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JanKA View Post

wars are still ok, but very gem heavy. The message seems to be, if you don't have mountains, then you're less of a player. What happened to strategy and comradeship? I see myself looking for a let's-just-play guild to retire with. Soon.
    This was the worst war by far. My guild has scored better so far then any prior war, and yet it still isn't fun. We play the same three of four teams over and over. Who wants to tap on the same four or five people all day long?

And I think everybody has figured out by now that raiding boost buildings is no longer an option. I'm not surprised Gree did this... It takes away from time that you would otherwise be spending tapping the attack button. But it also means that you may spend an hour tapping on someone who gives you low CP as opposed to hunting boost and helping a team mate. It kills the strategy and eliminates the excitement of the hunt.

Post Count
    agree with you

Lurker
    Post Count

Thumbs down

The mechanics in computing hit value has changed I'm pretty sure either on purpose or by accident something has been introduced in this war.

What I mean is that now I'm loosing to people sometimes 1.2million less in difference from my attack to their defence. Often the other person doesn't have as decent armor or weapons too.
    Quite often I chose a target on average 500k less in difference. It feels like I win 1/4 times.

I've participated in all wars so far and I can honestly say thing one is very different, very frustrating. The mechanics are all over the place and seem more random in calculation than anything.

To top it off can't even hit boost buildings *known issue*

Terrible, uneven and unfair...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by --Avery-- View Post
    The mechanics in computing hit value has changed I'm pretty sure either on purpose or by accident something has been introduced in this war.

What I mean is that now I'm loosing to people sometimes 1.2million less in difference from my attack to their defence. Often the other person doesn't have as decent armor or weapons too.
    Quite often I chose a target on average 500k less in difference. It feels like I win 1/4

Terrible, uneven and unfair...
    This happened tome frequently in the last war. Was losing to opponents with 20% less defence than my attack.

Consistent Contributor Eddard KFF's Avatar
    Post Count
    We at JAG are actually starting to have fun, we decided we wont be chashing the wins rewards. We're keeping it free to light gemmed and still using the "old" strategy of scouting and exploiting the weak links. We know we will be pushed into gem spending, but 50 wins makes push come to shove, so thanks but no thanks, we'll keep playing just for fun.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword

Join us:
    K.A. TAP 649189477 MIC 184578761
    C.C. DRA 255523694

Post Count
    1.2m is the most extreme I heard so far, but I've also lost to people 600k inferior, or run 50% win streaks against people with 300k less defense.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I Think the war had its moments with fun exitement, when strategy changes. But wars are still to much same old, same old.

It would be fun with a random factor. Not every battle but once and a while. Like getting matched in a wider span, getting a message that five random warriors in your Guild will not be able to battle for the first 30 min, you got help from a dragon and get 10K bonus CP or a Mighty sorcererer gives every fighter in the guild four bonus attacks. Something like that to bring more variation to the battles.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    I Think the war had its moments with fun exitement, when strategy changes. But wars are still to much same old, same old.

It would be fun with a random factor. Not every battle but once and a while. Like getting matched in a wider span, getting a message that five random warriors in your Guild will not be able to battle for the first 30 min, you got help from a dragon and get 10K bonus CP or a Mighty sorcererer gives every fighter in the guild four bonus attacks. Something like that to bring more variation to the battles.
    LOL the extra dragon does sound fun!