chat apps

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chat apps

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

chat apps

What would be a good chat app. that you can send notifications to a group when a war has started (like sending a text message)? Would also be nice to be able to turn it off when not playing.

Post Count
    GroupMe, Parlingo, Kako & LINE Messenger seem to be the most popular thru the MW community and in that order

Banned
    Post Count
    Palringo has to be top of the list, groupme is crap.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    groupme easily the best i have tried.

Consistent Contributor HExXxENBEAST@SUP1's Avatar
    Post Count
    Used GROUPME for SUP2, HIPCHAT for SUP1 and Ferr, KIK for seal team-6 and Palringo for my LLP faction.
    I'm tired of installing apps lol.
    HIPCHAT format is boring, kik only allows 20 users per room, and Palringo is bland.
    I enjoyed the GroupMe features the best, especially with the new update.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    We use groupme.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    groupme allows 50 and they will expand that upon request..can post pictures and now has emoticons. i really don't know what other features you would want. we tried skype and touch..skype was okay but not the kind of features that you have on groupme. touch was horrific.

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    I like kakao and wechat the most
    Knights and Dragons
    Name: BlackForest
    Guild: N/A

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I like groupme better but it has a max members list of 50, so if you need something to handle larger amount of members go with Palringo.
    VFF LEGENDS

Nuked my base and officially retired. I win.

Consistent Contributor HExXxENBEAST@SUP1's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachio View Post
    I like groupme better but it has a max members list of 50, so if you need something to handle larger amount of members go with Palringo.
    You can request for the limit to be increased. We had to do that once.

Banned
    Post Count
    Feature wise and ease of use wise, Kakao Talk and LINE are nearly identical, with minor differences. No limit on chatroom size. For MW, Palringo and Group Me seem to be most popular.

I've used all of them. If I had to select one, it would be between LINE and kakao.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffarm View Post
    What would be a good chat app. that you can send notifications to a group when a war has started (like sending a text message)? Would also be nice to be able to turn it off when not playing.
    So the REAL answer to your underlying question - which seems to be how to let people know war has started - seems to be different than what is a good app to chat it up during a war.

Here's an idea I've been working on - because emails - chats - just don't get my attention anymore with the mass amount of notiifications I get - which is why I usually ask someone who is on to text me once a battle is engaged or specifically text my LLP if there is a good target in range.

So yo mentioned text - and truly - most people have a different "sound" for text than for emails - so a Text message would actually get your attention.

Here is one possible solution: If a team member owns a domain - say for instance - mwteamzulu.com - then they would have complete control over creating an email alias / and group email lists for the whole team.

Works like this - Flounder tells the domain owner to create a redirect email for flounder@mwteamzulu.com and have it go to his cellphone text or pic address - i.e. - 6195551212@vtext.com (for verizon) and each phone carrier has an email that converts to your cell number.

Then the owner of that domain could create an email Group with ALL of those folks as a member called WAR@mwteamzulu.com - and when war is engaged - a single email can go out to everyone in that list - and come through as a text - without having to lay out your phone number to everyone :0

You could even create special lists for each time of day that you care to be notified - so for instance - USdaytimezones@mwteamzulu.com - and then the email is initiated for those who want to be notified during those set hours - euroteam@mwteamzulu.com - nightcrew@mwteamzulu.com - etc

It sounds more complicated than it is - but - I think this may be the most effective way to get everyone on the team quickly and effectively notified

If you are saying to yourself : "Huh" - then maybe you just never owned a domain and let those who do figure it out

Good Luck!
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Post Count
    McDoc has a great idea. Mine is the best app for it is one that has a distinct sound, or one that has a pop up over the MW game or app your currently on. And the ability to reply msg the group without having to shut down the MW app. Unless you are using a seperate device or PC for groupme, it gets tiredsome re-loading MW after each message.

But - if your faction runs smoothly enough, you can set designated times for war declaration. (NEXT BATTLE IN 30 MIN)
    Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    We use groupme as well.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachio View Post
    Palringo can go well over 50 members so you might wanna check your facts on that one !