Pairings - Page 7

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pairings

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddy View Post
    Well played Cru. Well played. Watch your back I'm sure "their wall" hits back!
    Hey bud! Congrats on the 50 wins. That's awesome! Every time I log in to the game now I'm afraid my news feed will pop up "You were attacked and lost to Their Wall". Hasn't happened yet but now it keeps me up at night.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    Really RK, SB, BKG, TFK, DW, AS, etc.. are not top guilds? We have fought many of them more than once, some even back to back.

you guys are a great team ... glad to see strategy still works in some guilds
    Kingdom Age 238-864-928 P3rfUZZI3

AT MY SIGNAL UNLEASH HELL !!!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I hear FUNs wall has a 2 mil def with all the bonuses from the wars. You should consider taking it down quite an accomplishment.

Post Count
    For people complaining about the pairings, maybe you should do the math. Many guilds, certainly in the top 200, will fight wars pretty much back to back. So at any one time it's likely that 95% of the teams will be fighting. Hence when you declare there might only be a few teams available to fight within 50 rankings in either direction of your ranking. Sometimes there might not be anyone declaring within 200 of your rank. Hence, it's highly likely that there will be big differences in match ups from time to time. When we match with FUN we only have a couple of people who can score points at all, but we also had match ups where the reverse was true. That's just the nature of the war -- the only way to get "fairer" match ups, as everyone is asking for, is to have much (much!) longer pairing times while you wait for a close opponent to become available and declare. Also, if you then add into the algorithm that you can't fight the same guild twice the problem gets even worse.

By the way, even if all the match ups were "fairer" you would still only expect to win about half your battles. In three days, assuming about 60 battles, that means about 30 wins. Some teams will be luckier and get more lower opponents, but this is a classic zero sum game. For every winner there's a loser, and for every team on 50 wins is a team on 10 wins. The strategy of keeping low for easier opponents is pretty much negated because everyone is doing it, so it pretty much comes down to luck... just like a game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
    Hey bud! Congrats on the 50 wins. That's awesome! Every time I log in to the game now I'm afraid my news feed will pop up "You were attacked and lost to Their Wall". Hasn't happened yet but now it keeps me up at night.
    Next war everyone in FUN will have changed their name to "the wall". Watch out Cru.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
    Thanks Cru! What a helluva chase! We got it on the next to last battle, and it just so happened to occur against a rival! In that battle alone, we put up nearly a million points as we raced towards Top 25 too.

BTW, I'm starting a mini and naming him "Their Wall". I'm coming for you Cru... Muahahahahahahahahaha!

Post Count
    How about a LLP called Dismal CPS

So far my guild has had a mixed bag, lots of top50 at the start, but tapered to more relaxing opponents after. So perhaps it just gets colder at the Top.

Post Count
    With the win/loss stats not showing up for the first couple of battles we found a couple of Pony's to ride and rode them hard we did! So much so our points tally put us in top 3 place... This was our downfall! We then kept getting top 25 matches. So we made a call, declared a few battles with token participation and took the losses. This dropped us to 75-100. This evened up the matches a bit. But even at that level we encountered FUN... I banged my face against their guardians fist... It made me feel good
    So although we got beat upon a few times, and even struggled finding mid level opponents for 75% of our guild in quite a few of our battles we still had good points scores against other guilds.
    You take the good with the bad and grab points where you can. Alls fair in love and KA
    Pain lets you know you're still alive!
    The Grand Knights
    Invite code 828220474

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The match up waiting time was an agony for us. It took us anywhere from 5 min in the beginning to a 40 min with an average of at least 20 min ( sorry no SD) . How are we supposed to complete those consecutive wins when you deduct all the times wasted waiting. We fought 53 battles in the event time ( except last two hours, as there was no point ) while some other guilds had the opportunity to fight 60+ battles as they had less wait time.

Post Count
    Aside from waiting time to be matched, we were stuck in declaration mode for almost or more than 4 hours. All of our members sent tickets, each person sent 3 or 4 tickets about it. How on the world
    We could get the 50 wins unit with those 4 hours loss. And their replied is simply saying, All servers were working fine when it happened to us. Bummer

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    every match has two sides, so for everyone complaining about a difficult match there is someone on the other side thankful for an easy match