What to do with all these shards?

Hello.

It's my official 2 month anniversary in K&D and i must say i am really enjoying my self. This game has so much to do and so much to spend money on

I have found myself asking what should i do with all of these basic shards? I have a stockpile of all the other materials so i can make atleast 4 of each armor and i have the + versions unlocked but i still have over 900 of each of the basic shards.
    At first i was just making the basics to level armor for quests but now i am overwhelmed by them.

Is it worth using 4 basic armors to enhance an armor a few levels before using that armor to enhance another? i mean you only get 2 or 3 extra EP per armor so thats only 8-12 extra EP per enhance. Is it worth it?

Took me ages to get moontide to 99 and i wonder if i could have used these shards better?

What do you do with them?

Thanks

I always craft the basics first and foremost for fusing uncraftable armors.

You can craft basics, use them to enhance other basics to level 11 and then use those for enhancing your legendary's part of the way. I used basics to get all of my ***'s to level 20, I don't know how cost efficient it was off the top of my head, but it was quick and painless.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.->Send PM<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
    (Guild Master, LvL 150+, Maxed: Beastmaster's Battlegear, Forgestone Aegis, Maelstorm Irons)

The Herd Is Here, Get In or Get Trampled.
    Android / Level 75
    The Sheet

8 basics enhanced into a basic, is basically a snakeskin, which costs about half as much.
    Bears At Large (iOS) Beartator (recruiting for solid Guild Warriors!) - use LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Cind3r View Post
    Hello.

It's my official 2 month anniversary in K&D and i must say i am really enjoying my self. This game has so much to do and so much to spend money on

I have found myself asking what should i do with all of these basic shards? I have a stockpile of all the other materials so i can make atleast 4 of each armor and i have the + versions unlocked but i still have over 900 of each of the basic shards.
    At first i was just making the basics to level armor for quests but now i am overwhelmed by them.

Is it worth using 4 basic armors to enhance an armor a few levels before using that armor to enhance another? i mean you only get 2 or 3 extra EP per armor so thats only 8-12 extra EP per enhance. Is it worth it?

What do you do with them?

Thanks
    As far as all those extra shards... You will be using them all very quickly when leveling 3-4-5 star armors.

Just to get your 3-4 star armor to level 19 off basics will take 300 shards (100 suits of armor)
    From there i like to use Level 4 uncommons (2 basics enhanced into an uncommon).
    4 sets of Level 4 Uncommons used 11 times gets you to 28.2. That uses 264 shards...
    After this I like to use Level 8's to conserve gold...

As stated the shards are very useful to get a couple levels out of like a snakeskin or similar armor to add some EP's before an expensive enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsuo View Post
    8 basics enhanced into a basic, is basically a snakeskin, which costs about half as much.
    Wow, not even close to a snakeskin EP, and costs more. 8 basics enhanced into 1 basic - the math:

Craft 9 basics * 300 each = 2,700
    Enhance 4 basics to the 1 basic level 1 = 600
    Enhance 4 basics to the 1 basic level 6 = 1,600

1 basic becomes level 11:
    On a matching element armor it would be worth 6+10 = 16 EP
    On a non-matching element armor it would be worth 5+10 = 15EP

Total cost for 15/16 EP = 4,900 gold
    Time to craft 9 basic armors = 45 min (40.5 min for level 3 armorsmith)

1 Snakeskin level 1:
    On a matching element armor it would be worth 24 EP
    On a non-matching element armor it would be worth 20 EP

Requires 8 snakeskin to craft
    Crafting cost = 3,000 gold
    Time to craft 1 snakeskin armor = 2 hours (1 hr 48 min with level 3 armorsmith)

Time wise, it's quicker to craft 36 basics (108 shards required) and get 60 or 64 EP than craft 4 snakeskin and get 80 or 96 EP. I normally have over 5,000 earth shards, 4,000 water shards, and about 1,000 of each of the others. Crafting basics and using them as is to enhance a level 50 or 70 armor to level 16 to 20 is quick and painless (no farming for skins). The time to use them is during these low levels because it may take 2 or 3 enhancements to get to the next level with only 20/24 EP per enhancement. Then start enhancing 1 basic or 1 uncommon with 8 basics to bring you up to 60/64 (basic) or 74/80 (uncommon) per enhancement. Do this until about level 28-30. Then start using your higher 24 EP mats like snakeskin or fused 50 EP armors.
    Jello of Jokerz, Guild Champion
    Level 165+, Code: XBC-WNV-ZFR

Big 4, Bigger 4, Sky Guardian, Sky Guardian+, Eurus+, Phyrus+, Slimebane+ Maxed
    Notus+ (53), BKal+ (38), Assasin's Shroud+ (34), Boreas+ (29)

Current Boss Armor: Sky Guardian+ 70

Click for Data Sheet

Maybe they should made a shards donation/trade function at guild, so that u can trade shards with your members BOSS shards not included.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Infernal View Post
    Maybe they should made a shards donation/trade function at guild, so that u can trade shards with your members BOSS shards not included.
    I like that idea. Along with that, they have some real potential to make guild bonuses much more diverse rather than +damage.

Think of all the cool bonus that they could implement to make spending gold in your guild a much more important decision. Some examples that I think would make this game that much better (with regards to only guild purchasing ideas):

-Increase your HP recovery while not fighting. It's currently at 1 every 20 seconds, maybe boost it by 1 second (20,19,18,17,16, finally 15). Obviously make it really expensive.
    -Increase %chance of better material drop from bosses
    -Increase Gold collection rate (obviously low % increases)
    -Increase quantity of material dropped (3 snakesskins from tombs rather than 2)

Just some ideas! But I think that would be a really fun way for guilds to really distinguish what they value.
    Level 100+
    Guild: Unicorn Stampede - PM me if you're interested in joining. (90+ only, unless you think you're special)

Guild bonuses should have required a donation of materials from the beginning, honestly. 5000 shards for 2% bonus, etc.

see how much you can save up 99999

Quote Originally Posted by EljayK View Post
    Guild bonuses should have required a donation of materials from the beginning, honestly. 5000 shards for 2% bonus, etc.
    O nice! I actually like that concept much more than just money. It would require the guild to actually spend time on the game rather than money.
    Level 100+
    Guild: Unicorn Stampede - PM me if you're interested in joining. (90+ only, unless you think you're special)

Quote Originally Posted by Rended View Post
    O nice! I actually like that concept much more than just money. It would require the guild to actually spend time on the game rather than money.
    You need to reread your comment. This is GREEd you're talking about. Its all about the money. Screw the average joe.
    Jello of Jokerz, Guild Champion
    Level 165+, Code: XBC-WNV-ZFR

Big 4, Bigger 4, Sky Guardian, Sky Guardian+, Eurus+, Phyrus+, Slimebane+ Maxed
    Notus+ (53), BKal+ (38), Assasin's Shroud+ (34), Boreas+ (29)

Current Boss Armor: Sky Guardian+ 70

Click for Data Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Jello View Post
    You need to reread your comment. This is GREEd you're talking about. Its all about the money. Screw the average joe.
    a boy can dream
    Level 100+

Quote Originally Posted by EljayK View Post
    This is great - you need to have raw material for elemental bonuses - so this should be implemented.
    IOS - Knight "LV2xx" / XBC-NNQ-BXC
    My Guild: "Shadow Wolves"
    Visit us at: www.shadowwolves.forumieren.info