Android users... I'm buying a new phone. Help me choose. - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Android users... I'm buying a new phone. Help me choose.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Crime city works great on my Galaxy S4 never crashed and no lag because I restart my device and clear the memory pretty often! Also works great on my Galaxy Note 10.1 only lags when I have 3+Apps and internet running but its not unbearable.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I have the Samsung Note II. Wouldn't trade it for anyting.

Banned
    Post Count
    I was until recently running the game on my S3. lag would become an issue if I left the game open and inactive for more than ten minutes. which I would do when I was in a choice hood but out of stamina for robbing. The lag wasn't a huge deal as I just had to clear the ram and everything was up and running again. After about 8 months though, the new data pushes with the LTQ and boss battles stopped making it to my phone. in hindsight I should have just done a factory reset. instead I decided to treat myself to an upgrade the GS4...so far its running great. lag happens much much less often and to a far lesser degree than before. I still making it a habit to clear the ram when I notice a slow down.

Post Count
    get the HTC one its been rated the best phone from what ive seen online and its andriod i have HTC XL Sensation and will be upgrading next week and i will be getting the HTC One

Banned
    Post Count
    I've heard great things about that phone as well. my only issue is you can't remove the battery or use a micro sd card. Which makes upgrading the storage capacity impossible if you choose the 32gig version.

Post Count
    I'm in same dilemma. Leaning more towards HTC One. I was really impressed with the old Incredible I had (still works) and I don't like getting what everyone else seems to be getting (Samsung or Iphone)

Post Count
    I've played with both Samsung Galaxy S2 & Samsung Tab 2 10" - Both have worked perfectly. The only times I've experienced trouble is when gree gives out a new patch which always is full of glitches.

So my tip for you, go for Samsung.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I have the galaxy 3S and don't have any issues listed.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Smile yea!

The sopranos join them 325 002 059!

Quote Originally Posted by chbranch View Post
    I have the Samsung Note II. Wouldn't trade it for anyting.
    Nice, I've got the Note 1 and I love it.
    *Active CC Syndicate looking for new members. Our only requirement is to get involved and enjoy the game. Get in touch if you're interested.*

Post Count
    I have the HTC one since April
    Great phone I have never problems with it

Post Count
    Android uses Java, which means It's coded in Java. Java has quite some disadvantages out of which the most important one is that you as a programmer need to clear all your variables once your program (CC) is done with them/exits. Guess what, Gree programmers aren't too strict about that one. Most of variables keep hogging memory in the background, which can cause severe performance issues. Both Galaxy's or HTC's will experience the same issues, since they use the same Java/Android system.

I'm not complaining about my S3, but a bad configuration/bad software already running can screw things up and slow everything down. If you've got a strong phone (16gig of RAM) android needs to search through the 16gig which will take some time and slow down performance. Better is to use a task killer to clear all memory and be done with it (releasing all memory by killing the task). Samsungs have this under the home button, but it shouldn't be far for HTC's or you can download it.

Imho and the reason why I choose Samsung is that it's more leightweight on RAM usage, steady, and I've had quite some bad experiences with HTC hardware issues. If HTC works it fine, but the chance that it fails is higher (the hardware seems less reliable and is more prone to manufactoring errors, but that's just my 2 cents.
    972-301-175

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Dude just get an iPhone. Save you the hassle haha I have had a Samsung galaxy and I hated every min of it. Froze m the time and CC just sucked on it. Have had an iPhone since and had no problems. Just a thought Goodluck with your phone search!

If I had to choose an Android phone, I'd say Xperia Z.

PS:As an iPhone user, I've been playing the game about 3 months and it's never crashed.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Which would y'all say is better, the HTC One or the HTC Butterfly S?