Thread: arena questions

arena questions

I am a bit confused. I finally got some levels under my belt, big 4 made and working on bigger armor now. Naturally I am climbing the arena ladder faster and able to manage dd 8x usually. I am at around 100 rank and here is my questions.
    I just faced the 23 rated guy and one shot all 3 of his knights.
    Then 16 and it took 2 shots on one of them.
    What gives?
    I understand that if you use your ae everytime you will gain rating even if you lose but am I mkssing some thing?
    As I go up in rating the opponents I face go up too.
    Are these folks just not getting their opponents upped or are they mass gem spending or is there some way to get points that I dont know about?
    Maxxed friends list and using it every day.

Another question iz have is why do I get 15 points for some wins and 45 for others? What is the determining factor to the variance?

Thank you in advance!

The 15-45 difference is based on the level difference between you and your opponent. If there is a 10 or more level advantage to your opponent, then you get 45. It scales as the level difference goes but 45 is max, I believe.

I really am not understanding the match ups either. I am only level 43 and working on my crius+ (level 41 at the moment, I believe). The rest is still very low level gear. I went for a 37 match win streak last night without breaking a sweat with Crius at only like level 24 or so. I was just taking whatever was the first non-revenge opponent. Then today, I am being waffled between all my possible opponents rofl-stomping me with MUCH higher level gear/toons for 10-20 matches and then 5-10 like last night.
    Android
    IGN: Sifu
    Friend Code: WBC-FQZ-WHB

mass gem spending or is there some way to get points that I dont know about?
    Maxxed friends list and using it every day.
    Your answers. And probably some kind of glitch.

Another question iz have is why do I get 15 points for some wins and 45 for others? What is the determining factor to the variance?
    Difference in level.
    Guild: Majestic
    Knight: Solo Lv120
    PM for guild inquiries

Also the guild leadership bonuses only seem to apply to the attackers in the Arena, so if you have any it will make most opponents pretty easy.

I've noticed some strangeness too, though I'm around 1300. A lot of very low-ranked opponents (some with less than 100 points) sporting serious gear and capes, and getting trounced in one shot by my weakest knight. It might just be the GM bonus, but it seems like I just saw a wave of this today.
    Pitch Black, of the Children of the Sun Alliance
    Guild Level: 60+
    Fire=8%, Air=8%, Spirit=8%, Earth=8%, Water=8%
    Actively recruiting, Message me to join the CotS Alliance!

My friend list is always full; msg me before sending a request!
    Friend Code: XBD BXV GYV

guild leadership bonuses aren't in effect in arena on the android. Also the max points per win from a non double down is 50 not 45. Some people also fight friends delete them and then add more friends and fight them and can get a bunch of points every day that way
    IGN:Nate
    Friend code: WBB-DCR-RRW
    lvl 100+

Quote Originally Posted by namdrazil View Post
    Also the max points per win from a non double down is 50 not 45.
    That does not compute, since it goes up by 3 per level and 50 - 15 = 35, which can't be devided by 3.
    Are you sure you didn't add either shutdown, revenge or both into that number?
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Im on android and on my the first week i placed around 7000, second week around 4500, third week (which was shadows of past) i placed 2161. I only wear Steam Wizard lv25, Flowstone lv21. Riverstone Mantle lv25. at around 2000 mark. There is this weird bug where for example i am rank 2000. i get opponents at rank 35000, 100000, 20000, etc. i use that chance to DD. but when im battling against people around 5000. i get a deathstreak of 10 or more. I battle 50 people in my friend list giving me 250 points a day. but why do i get paired up with people in lower ranks? is this a bug or something cause ive seen people who are in rank 2000 who doesnt have 3 star armor or above.

I hope i dont get banned in arena for this. it just doesnt feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Knocknuts View Post
    Im on android and on my the first week i placed around 7000, second week around 4500, third week (which was shadows of past) i placed 2161. I only wear Steam Wizard lv25, Flowstone lv21. Riverstone Mantle lv25. at around 2000 mark. There is this weird bug where for example i am rank 2000. i get opponents at rank 35000, 100000, 20000, etc. i use that chance to DD. but when im battling against people around 5000. i get a deathstreak of 10 or more. I battle 50 people in my friend list giving me 250 points a day. but why do i get paired up with people in lower ranks? is this a bug or something cause ive seen people who are in rank 2000 who doesnt have 3 star armor or above.

I hope i dont get banned in arena for this. it just doesnt feel right.
    First...
    I make no claim to be an arena (or even game) expert. I am just passing on what I have read here as best as I can. Hopefully, someone with more experience can correct me if I am off here.

I am not sure I would be going through the high costs to level those armors. Their final stats are lower than other options but they cost the same or more to level. This may apply more to PvE, but the general advice I've seen is to focus on Atlantean Avenger+, Living Flame+, Crius+, Hydra Hunter+ and use those to start getting boss armors and the like.

For instance, Flowstone, you can't smith the plus version. So your final stats would be 661 att and 748 def (1409 total). Crius+ is the same elements and finishes at 696 att and 794 def (1490 total)...and for less than 1/3 the cost to level to max.

Steam Wizard and Hydra Hunter+ have the same issue but the gap is even larger. 1106 total stats for Steam Wizard but 1572 for HH+. Steam Wizard can be crafted so you can get the plus. That would put SW+ at a total of 1446 stats, still less. But the cost to unlock the plus and then level to max is going to be much higher.

Riverstone doesn't have a big 4 match on the element combo, but runs into a similar issue with total stats at 1478 and you can't smith the plus version.
    Last edited by Sifu; 08-16-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    Android

Quote Originally Posted by namdrazil View Post
    ...Also the max points per win from a non double down is 50 not 45...
    Well, I certainly didn't math it out myself. I was going from comments in this thread and others:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...vel+difference
    Android