how do ap points work and other random questions

does anyone know exactly how ap points work. when someone attampts a capture on ur base do u get points even if u lose or only if u win? what decides how many ap points u get? is it random or does it depend on unit value? also why is it that sometimes when I send a bunch of units. lets say 200 arts 200 hawks 300 rts 150 each helis and tanks against a large force ill have no casualtys on any of the units except for the rocket trucks that ill lose all of them. what causes which units to get destroyed and what is tge best comination of units to protect artillaries. why do I lose hammerheads so quickly.
    if anyone can help me answer these I would appreciate it
    modern war name kikl 309 829 127
    llp is sir w 522 562 145
    new member of navyseals faction

Quote Originally Posted by kikl View Post
    does anyone know exactly how ap points work. when someone attampts a capture on ur base do u get points even if u lose or only if u win? what decides how many ap points u get? is it random or does it depend on unit value? also why is it that sometimes when I send a bunch of units. lets say 200 arts 200 hawks 300 rts 150 each helis and tanks against a large force ill have no casualtys on any of the units except for the rocket trucks that ill lose all of them. what causes which units to get destroyed and what is tge best comination of units to protect artillaries. why do I lose hammerheads so quickly.
    if anyone can help me answer these I would appreciate it

AP points are calculated according to unit value lost. Unit value (uv) is the resource require to train a specific type of unit and units that require uranium or titanium will have double uv on the uranium or titanium used.

AP is, as its name suggests, only gain when attacking enemy and it is the uv lost you caused to your enemy. However, GREE changed this a few weeks ago and now you can get AP from defending, but only if your enemy UV lost is greater than your UV lost if your are defending, your enemy will still get the ap equal to your UV lost.

That fact that sometimes you get a 'cause more damage to see your enemy units' message is because your enemy has lots of troops in the base your are attacking. Therefore u get no AP because he/she is too strong. Some strong players might have like 20K troops in one op with very strong commanders for boost, so a standard 1000 units army might even get that result.

Also, fast units like jeeps and hammers get kill easily because they charge forward first. But they have good damages and hp so if you use them, you just have to take the lost every time! But having say that they are very useful and effective sometimes for attacking!

Finally, there is no 'the best' combination for any battle. They all depend on a number of factors like defend grid, commanders quality... So the only thing I can tell you to do is do not attack big guys!
    Last edited by maple1736; 08-14-2013 at 04:21 AM.
    War of Nations:

World 12:

Praetorian Guard Officer
    PG_MapLes

Something I've noticed, defense AP does not go toward your player goal for AP.

im more intrested in ap for defence, how does that work, do you only get the difference in uv because even when winning a battle and losing less than the attacker my ap doesnt go up much