An honest, open question to members of Fight Club: - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: An honest, open question to members of Fight Club:

Post Count
    I'm still coming to grips with a statement like spending $50k playing a mobile game over any real time frame makes sense. And we used to complain when console games hit $50. I think I am absurdly impressed.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    These threads keep coming and honestly, I am delighted that FC leads the way and is either loved or hated but nonetheless always thought about. We all play the same game. Whether a spender or not, all of us are addicted to this game. My advice: let FC be FC and you be you. If you try to be like us, you may find yourself in real life trouble really quickly. As someone expressed above, each one of us has a different dispsable income, different life obligations and different ideas on how to spend money. "Can't we all just get along?" LOL
    Who laughs last laughs best...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dr007 View Post
    If you try to be like us, you may find yourself in real life trouble really quickly.
    Wow thats arrogant. Don't lose touch with reality there turbo.
    Can be reached at....Game of War / Odin Kingdom | ATK - Defensible | DEF - Beatable | RSS - Worth throwing a few troops at

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by savneetj View Post
    I never see FC recruiting .
    Some syndicates don't need to recruit.

#smug
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    If there was no Fight Club who would be up the top and would you like that syndicate to be there?
    If so for how long would they stay there?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by oacju View Post
    But why would you spend $50k on this game in 1 month? In the span of several years, sure that makes sense, but in 1 month, that's absurd! I'll take the $200k car any day of the week over this game.
    I don't think anyone spends even close to $50k in 1 month...I think you are grossly off on that estimate

I'm not sure why you can't understand the fact that different people have different ways to spend money for enjoyment. If you have a few million to waste on entertainment, spending $5k-$10k a month on a game, you enjoy isn't that extravagant...
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by propha View Post
    Sorry to say...and i know i hurt some feelings.
    But why spend this kinda money to a non profit game? Only becouse its fun?
    For that kinda money there some other things much more fun to do i guess. I really like the game...but spend that kinda money.'Woohw outta your mind' just for online stats
    It's their entertainment. Everyone finds different things to be fun. I'm sure you may do things they think are dumb as well

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I don't think anyone spends even close to $50k in 1 month...I think you are grossly off on that estimate

I'm not sure why you can't understand the fact that different people have different ways to spend money for enjoyment. If you have a few million to waste on entertainment, spending $5k-$10k a month on a game, you enjoy isn't that extravagant...
    I bet you FC does. And if each member doesn't spend $50k in 1 month, then their combined spendings definitely do! I'm not saying that these guys need to stop spending like crazy on this game, I'm just saying it's absurd to drop that amount of cash on this game. There's more important stuff out there than pixels and stats in a GAME.

Post Count
    There's more important stuff out there than pixels and stats in a GAME.
    No there's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MattThomas08 View Post
    Buying a Ferrari is a waste of money. Buying a GARAGE FULL OF FERRARIS seems like a *ridiculous* waste of money. Wouldn't you know it, people still do it.
    It's just another peepee extension
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I bet you FC does. And if each member doesn't spend $50k in 1 month, then their combined spendings definitely do!
    So you were right, if you define "right" as being within a factor of 60.

Or, to take matters further:

But why would you spend $50k on this game in 1 month? In the span of several years, sure that makes sense, but in 1 month, that's absurd! I'll take the $200k car any day of the week over this game.
    So if it's ok by you to spend $50k over "several years", and these 60 people are spending $50k a month between them, that means on average they are spending $50k in a 60 month period.

I have to beg ignorance here, I simply cannot fathom what it is you find to be the problem.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Banned
    Post Count
    There's more important stuff out there than pixels and stats in a GAME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    No there's not.
    What about ponies?
    Last edited by C Rebels; 08-15-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Be in Fight Club and you may spend. Save and you
    will richer at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,
    would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
    one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell
    our enemies that they may take our gold but they will never take
    our pixels!"

Post Count
    We're a group of dedicated players who like to battle hard during each event and hopefully come out on top at the end of it.

We still get excited every time we compete so no we don't find it boring.

The group was formed to put an end to the Indians reign as the number 1 group in CC which has been accomplished but each and every member still has goals which they strive for.

Bottom line is everyone wastes money in one way or another throughout life but if you enjoy it then who cares? You can't take it with you when you end up 6 feet under so enjoy it while you can.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendfrim View Post
    As a former member of FC, I can say it is a different FC than when syndicates began, and it continues to evolve. Members do leave and new ones join. What people do with their money is their business. FC is simply a group of people that decided to form what is more or less a business, and invest in being the top. No ones wallet is bottomless, but this group certainly won't be leaving the top any time soon. I am honored to have been amongst them, and although I paid for it, I don't regret it. FC will be the syndicate those with the deepest wallets flock to as long as CC is around.
    As a former member, Zendfrim sums it up nicely. We want to win and we enjoy winning. There is a price to pay for that privilege. But, above all else, members of Fight Club _enjoy_ what we do and we have a great group of people battling together for the common good of keeping us at #1. Change is inevitable, and indeed the make-up of Fight Club members has changed somewhat over time - but that is pretty much the same for all the other top syndicates.

Perhaps our edge is, firstly, that our core membership is still pretty much the same rock solid group since the beginning and secondly, that we have a great deal of respect for one another. Respect amongst your peers is the true path to collective success.

A few syndicates have tried and failed to step up and topple us - we particularly enjoy those battles. Who wants to step up next and have a go? Here's a free hint - try to avoid in-fighting, backstabbing each other and maintain some continuity - then you _might_ improve your chances...but you'll still place #2 at best
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City
    Level 250 Income Per Hour $146,248,304 Mafia 500
    Attack 2,364,239,212 Defence 974,352,977 Fights Won 348,349 Robberies Won 134,524

Kingdom Age
    Level 232 Income Per Hour 181,242 Gold Allies 497
    Attack 2,303,184,218 Defence 1,626,489,130 Battles Won 97,313 Raids Won 39,171