GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Way To Increase Competition in Wars

Banned
    Post Count

A Way To Increase Competition in Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Lueds View Post
    I think the intent of the thread is good, but the implementation would be an administrative/coding nightmare and GREE doesn't need help in that department.

I'll suggest another approach that is analogous to amateur golf handicapping. What if the winning team had all syndicate bonuses drop 5 levels (25% to 0), second place drops 3 levels, and 3rd drop 1 level? Each subsequent war the bonuses increase one level, unless you place top 3 again and then you take more reductions. For example, FC wins and bonuses drop to zero, if they place first in next battle they drop 5 more levels so the "bonuses" are now 25% penalties for the third battle. This would help with their "we are too strong and can't score any IP" argument too. You are welcome.

This solution not only protects/increases GREE's revenue stream (which is the only TRUE requirement of any change), but also ensures some movement at the top eventually, which was the original intent as I understand it. Most of all it keeps teams together giving them a chance to overcome (translation: spend even more $$$$) the new challenge.
    This was not my idea but i felt it deserved its own thread so that it could be looked upon by the whole community, i personally think this is a good idea in the right direction and i dont say that often about many ideas.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Terrible...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This is exactly what is wrong with the "everyone's a winner" syndrome people seem to be raising their kids with. There are people in life who will be better and have prettier pixels than you. It's not like there isn't a way to get into fight club, most people just don't want to pay the price. No need to penalize them for being good at tapping the screen repetitively.

Banned
    Post Count
    what you two dont understand is that regardless of what your elitist opinions may be; gree exists to make money, gree makes money by generating fair competition.....the idea is to create fair competition. It has nothing to do with everyone being no1 it has to do with a decent number of people having at least a shot at it.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Bad idea I think..
    Bring back the old gold bonus scheme

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    How is the competition not fair? Win the lottery put all of it into crime city and you can win number 1 too. It not like they aren't making money off of fight club anyways.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You're basically suggesting to make it fair by making it unfair to fight club. Brilliant! Smarty pants 2016

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Back hand emus View Post
    How is the competition not fair? Win the lottery put all of it into crime city and you can win number 1 too. It not like they aren't making money off of fight club anyways.
    Are you seriously this near sighted? Fight Club is 1 team, however many points fight club can put up the other 9 top10 teams can put up 5x that (5x the gold) but they dont because there is 0 competition. I dont expect you to understand even the most basic ideas behind marketing and economics but the above is just common sense and you'd be ignorant to say otherwise.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Back hand emus View Post
    You're basically suggesting to make it fair by making it unfair to fight club. Brilliant! Smarty pants 2016
    Actually it is brilliant, its ideas like those that stop monopolies like Fight Club from even being created. Why should Gree let one single team dictate how much profits they earn? Countless other competitive entities including sports, presidential campaigns, even worldwide economies thrive off the idea that the more competitive a pool is the more participation it receives. Why do you think Super Bowl winners receive the very last draft pick, why presidents have limited terms in office, why governments put in laws to prevent monopolies?

You clearly are narrow minded and have no understanding of how the world works, come back after you get some common sense.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Keep insulting me instead of ignoring the facts it does wonders for your argument. Fight club doesn't have an unfair advantage, making it 100 percent fair. They spend more money than you, get over it. Your arguments are completely out of place for the monopoly. The problem with monopolies is that only one person gets a piece of the pie, with the syndicate wars you,re still getting prizes if you're 1st 2nd 3rd or 4000th. A monopoly is partially defined as having barriers to entry, what barriers to entry do any syndicates have to be number one? None. Not to mention that some monopolies are actually a benefit. Which is another lesson for another day. Please tell me I'm wrong so that I can completely disregard anything you say as you would clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Post Count
    This is actually a really good idea.

But guys, basically, you have to accept that there are two schools of thought on Crime City:

There are those who believe that Crime City should be a game, and that there should be a skill element, and that it should be competitive.

And there are those who believe it should be a total capitalist environment, in which the richest win by buying their way to success.

I happen to believe that Crime City should be a mixture. Spending money should give you an advantage, but you should not be able to use money to achieve total advantage, which is what has happened in the game of late.

If you are of the total capitalist POV, then these threads are not for you. You are happy with the way things are, and do not need to discuss possible changes to the syndicates. Move along.

But for the rest of us, it's not unreasonable to discuss ways in which the game could change so that we can all play. It is certainly not to Gree's fiscal advantage if everyone leaves and only FC remains.
    Last edited by JBE; 08-12-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarty Pants View Post
    Actually it is brilliant, its ideas like those that stop monopolies like Fight Club from even being created. Why should Gree let one single team dictate how much profits they earn? Countless other competitive entities including sports, presidential campaigns, even worldwide economies thrive off the idea that the more competitive a pool is the more participation it receives. Why do you think Super Bowl winners receive the very last draft pick, why presidents have limited terms in office, why governments put in laws to prevent monopolies? You clearly are narrow minded and have no understanding of how the world works, come back after you get some common sense.
    you forgot to mention entities like mafias, cartels and gangs....we're playing crime city right?
    Can be reached at....Game of War / Odin Kingdom | ATK - Defensible | DEF - Beatable | RSS - Worth throwing a few troops at

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I think that this is a terrible idea. You're penalizing groups that've spent the most to win. How do you want to keep costumers? By rewarding them.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Even if this ridiculous idea got up all anyone would have to do is have a 2nd synd and bounce between them every war.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    Even if this ridiculous idea got up all anyone would have to do is have a 2nd synd and bounce between them every war.
    Agreed. Some guys in FC (like Trev, AppleMacGuy and also you) have ridiculous IPH's; it's probably no problem to get all bonuses in a short period.