PvP rewards VS. Battle rewards

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: PvP rewards VS. Battle rewards

Banned
    Post Count

PvP rewards VS. Battle rewards

I was wondering about the rewards lists for the PvP events and the Battle events.

The PvP syndicate event rewards are: #1, #3, top 10, top 25, top 100, top 250, top 1000 and top 2500
    Individual rewards in this event are: 1, top 5, top 25, top 100, top 250, top 1000, top 2500, top 10,000, top 25,000

For battle the rewards are as follows: top 1, top 2, top 3, top 10, top 25, top 50, top 75, top 100, top 150, top 150, top 250, top 400, top 500, top 750, top 1000, top 1500, top 4000

First with the PvP event, what does the second place syndicate get in the event get? Obviously they get the third place prize but they do not get a second place prize?

Also, why the large jumps? I do not see a reward for 500, 750 or even 1500 or 1750.

Maybe we can see more places in the future?

Banned
    Post Count
    The prizes are garbage and a waste of XP anyway. Point for point you'd probably be better off doing an exta few Epic Bosses.

Banned
    Post Count
    Because no one gives a crap about pvp tournaments, the prizes are crappy and the xp gain is disgusting

Banned
    Post Count
    tltr my friend,

Banned
    Post Count
    No one cares about xp once reaching level 200. The individual prizes + the syndicate prizes + the goal event up till 14 = much better stats after a pvp than anything you'd get from a syndicate war for much less gold. Do feel free to continue skipping this type of events because of an allergy to xp points...

Banned
    Post Count
    Your thesis appears to assume that all forum users have blown their level youth. There are people here who have not blown their long-term chances and are still sub-100

Banned
    Post Count
    No, I'm just giving another perspective. You could camp at a level for all eternity and get strong for your level but who are you going to hit in a serious syndicate in battle?
    And yeah, as a high level I'd give anything to drop 50 levels down just for the average points per hit in war...but a lot of people are already there, so 'garbage', 'crap' and 'xp gains' sound silly when you've hit that level haha

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    MrM is on the money here. And importantly, now with so many PvPs and LTQs anyone doing serious camping needs to make sure that they never level into the tank, rather than the original camping theory of camping until you are strong enough to move up. Because guess what? I've added about 500k to my stats for 0 xp gain the last 2 weeks. I'd love to see someone pull that off camping.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Buy some more henchman, your stats will go up.
    Captain of CCK
    Stats 250k atk - 250k def
    SYNDICATE BATTLE RANKINGS
    Midtown Takeover - Rank #121
    Market Plaza Crash - Rank #165
    Battle for Packer Heights - Rank #138
    Chinatown Throwdown - Rank #113
    Docks Rampage - Rank #93
    Red Light District Romp - Rank #100
    Civic Center Rumble - Rank #96
    Battle for Monument Park - Rank #86

Banned
    Post Count
    So constructively speaking no one has an answer, suggestion or idea on what second place gets. Also, nobody cares about the PvP event so having more places doesn't matter.
    Great...

Now for those that care..

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    It's hard enough to hold onto a tier as it is. People need to sleep sometime.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Nobody cares? I don't get/see that.

It takes me all weekend to get 1 million points. i have to spend hrs attacking people. its over 5000 clicks just for the attacking, let alone all the searching for the best/right people.

My point is, if i spend as much time as i do, then the people with even more points spend even more time. Why would all these people be spending so much time getting all these points if they didn't care...
    CC 143 695 406
    Best Item: Street Vengeance 16000/14000
    Income/hr $3,924,946
    Syndicate: Sunnyvale
    700k/700k Stats

Banned
    Post Count
    **BUMP**

Consistent Contributor The Fonz's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyman View Post
    Nobody cares? I don't get/see that.

It takes me all weekend to get 1 million points. i have to spend hrs attacking people. its over 5000 clicks just for the attacking, let alone all the searching for the best/right people.

My point is, if i spend as much time as i do, then the people with even more points spend even more time. Why would all these people be spending so much time getting all these points if they didn't care...
    I disagree. The question you should be asking is: how many people are doing this voluntarily, as opposed to those who feel compelled to participate due to a sense of obligation to their syn? I have no doubt that some players are driven by their sheer competitive nature, that the rewards serve as remuneration for something they enjoyed doing already, but there is a percentage that feel obliged/pressured to not only partake in these tournaments, but to attain a certain level of points to keep their syn in contention for syndicate rewards, as well as appease their syn leader's expectations. I won't be surprised if some syns make participation compulsory, or players risk being expelled for either abstaining or not attaining enough points (as mandated by the syn leader). For the majority of us (i.e. those who aren't in contention for at least a top 250 prize), the other rewards do not provide a genuine incentive.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JailGuard View Post
    First with the PvP event, what does the second place syndicate get in the event get? Obviously they get the third place prize but they do not get a second place prize?

Also, why the large jumps? I do not see a reward for 500, 750 or even 1500 or 1750.

Maybe we can see more places in the future?
    The syndicate team prizes are already crappy, I don't see what adding more places is going to do. Top 10 PvP syndicate team prize is a 1697a/2440d item, and you and your 59 friends only need to play all weekend to do it. A similar stat item goes for Top 150 in the syndicate war, but they're still not comparable due to the modifiers (upcoming syndicate war has this prize with +10% explosive defense, which would add thousands more to my defense, as opposed to the Melody Maker PvP prize which would add... less than 2440 to my defense). The team PvP prizes up to Top 10 sum up to less than 6k/6k. I could not possibly be more apathetic about adding more team PvP prizes when the current ones are already so ****ty.