Noobish Question - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noobish Question

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    we are going to push hard for a top 150 in Canada. i believe we were very close to top 200 with several members unable to compete. I have thought about getting gold in reserve for box event/boss events but i wish they would ahve a 40% sale and i would load up. I usually get 1.5vaults of gold during a war. have been known to drink during a war and buy more then that though haha

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by swag View Post
    140k points probably means that you are dropping a few vaults each war. That's definitely enough for an extra 5k-10k stats that a top 75 finish will get you over 250.

However, i do understand that loyalty to your current faction is key. If you guys can make top 250 without you having to put down 140k points then I would cut back the spending and use it on other events.
    This war i am going to check where we are in the final day too monitor need for gold. i ahve benefited from a great scouting team we have in place, so i know which people would be pointless to attack

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhaze View Post
    yes i agree with u as i do the rivals event each weekend i have ran into lvl 200s and 250s with 80/80k stats..i to wish i had camped out but when this game come out i played it like it was suppose to be played now i suffer for it..when the first war come out i was already lvl 201..i thought that was the point of the game upgrade buildings get stronger..any other game i have played when u lvl up it means get stronger..this is the only game i have ever played when u lvl up u get weaker makes no sense..im pretty weak to for lvl 250 900k/1.3m stats but im willing to spend money and keep upping my stats..im in top 25 now and have grown alot since being here
    I didn't know that was weak!! I'm level 118 with 300k+ Att and 435k+ Deff. Long ways from that but was actually shooting for it. Lol I'm in a top 50 faction and our DL had the same stats and level as you Lmao, i had no clue that was week when you get to the top 200s

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    I think your point the past of no return. No reason to camp once you hit lvl 151 in my honest opinion.
    Might as well just doing eveyrthing you can to improve your stats.
    thanks thief i was going to ask this question on a thread. I'm past 151 with around 540/654 my first idea was to start camping a little to slow my rise to 200, but after thinking about it i agree with you. I'm past the point of no return the best would be to rack in all the stats units i can till i hit 250.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    You might want to start an LLP account and use the gold there instead. I restarted completely when my old account hit lv103 and used what I had learned for my current one. This time, I might set up an LLP to have two accounts rather than starting over.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastert55 View Post
    I didn't know that was weak!! I'm level 118 with 300k+ Att and 435k+ Deff. Long ways from that but was actually shooting for it. Lol I'm in a top 50 faction and our DL had the same stats and level as you Lmao, i had no clue that was week when you get to the top 200s
    your alot lower lvl tho to being at lvl 180 with those stats lvl 250 ppl can see u and also lvl 125-45 can attack in war..they will not attack u maybe jsut to scout and move on..ya man most ppl that are lvl 250 i see have 2m+ stats going as high as 6m/6m
    Retired to free playing

Post Count
    Wow, you guys are making me feel weak, Lol. I'm a level 157 with 224,000A and 310,000 defense. But of course there are always a lot of weaker players than me....

Post Count
    I know this might be a stupid question, but how do you guys get you llp accounts up to such a high IPH, cause even my main account has only a 581,000 IPH?
    Last edited by DaBoss!; 08-08-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss! View Post
    I know this might be a stupid question, but how do you guys get you llp accounts up to such a high IPH, cause even my main account has only a 581,000 IPH?
    Patience... takes a couple months

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by swag View Post
    Patience... takes a couple months
    A couple.....or 20.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    and alot of overvaults too
    Retired to free playing

Post Count
    Oh, I would camp with my main profile, but it seems its too late

Post Count
    Preach Brother Lemon....I agree with you....

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhaze View Post
    yes i agree with u as i do the rivals event each weekend i have ran into lvl 200s and 250s with 80/80k stats..i to wish i had camped out but when this game come out i played it like it was suppose to be played now i suffer for it..when the first war come out i was already lvl 201..i thought that was the point of the game upgrade buildings get stronger..any other game i have played when u lvl up it means get stronger..this is the only game i have ever played when u lvl up u get weaker makes no sense..im pretty weak to for lvl 250 900k/1.3m stats but im willing to spend money and keep upping my stats..im in top 25 now and have grown alot since being here

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    I think your point the past of no return. No reason to camp once you hit lvl 151 in my honest opinion.
    Might as well just doing eveyrthing you can to improve your stats.
    Entirely agree with Thief. I picked up 100K attack and defense over the past three weeks (200/250K to 300/350K) - WITHOUT USING GOLD - just by participating full on in every event I could. Better factions = better prizes, but there are other ways as well. Leveled up from 168 to 171 in the process, but big whoop~
    Be INTENSE
    Be the BEST
    Be CHAIRMAN MEOW:

Join World Liberation Army: 757 322 919

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    For the first time ever I disagree with Thief. I know the prevailing wisdom is that once you hit level 150, just let it go and don't worry about XP and leveling up at all. But I disagree with that too. Bosses and boxes (and of course WD events) are where it's at. For the last several months the LTQs/LTEs have absolutely sucked. Way too much XP gained and unit prizes were terrible. GREE has now changed that a bit in the last 1-2 events. and hopefully that will remain to make them more worthwhile to do. But I don't think it's ever too late. Slow down on every event. Faction v faction tourneys are a total and complete waste. You get tons of XP, you get tons of BP (which in the long run is actually a subtle bad thing, as raiding/attacking higher-ranked players nets you more BP and more WD points). Stay far away from those. I begin every LTQ and LTE slowly until a walk-thru has been posted here. Then I take a close look at the units vs how much XP I'll gain to get to each. And I usually go to a specific level and then just stop. Gain maybe 3K in stats but only 500-1000 XP. At my level (148) that's a decent trade.

But bosses and boxes are fantastic. Both can be done by triggering them in the lowest level map missions. 1 XP per hit. That's it. Boxes are where you should be spending your gold. Especially the last box event, with the Shrike Superiority fighter (?) which had something 8k/6k stats plus the 10% air attack bonus. That's well worth gold spending. Bosses will give you a decent amount of XP each time you kill them, but you also get gobs of cash, generally great units, and you can trigger them with the 1 XP map mission hits.

My two cents. It's never too late. Even if you are a high level with low stats, it's all about patience. As I always say, nothing in MW happens quickly. It may take months and months, but so what?

As for the question about LLPs getting high IPH, that is ALL about patience. We have a sister faction for LLPs and generally low stat players (though they finished around 2500 in Australia which really impressed me). I just recruited a player from my KA guild. His MW account is level 3. He's been playing for 4 months. Seriously. His IPH is well over $250K. Seriously. He is by far the best camper I have ever seen. Does the same in KA with all three of this accounts, though some are high level. It is absolutely possible. It. Just. Takes. Patience.

This game is all about two things:
    1) Completely ignoring the missions that they give you. When MW tells you to go to map XX and do mission YYY, ignore it. When MW tells you to buy 50 barrels, ignore it. Gree actually has the only games I've ever seen wherein the missions they give you in-game are actually detrimental to your gameplay. I don't know why they do that.
    2) Patience. See #1 above, be very patient (for many months), spend all of your in-game money only growing your IPH and boost buildings, and do only the events I mention above.

You'll see a huge difference in just a few months. You'll level up very little, but I'll bet your stats will increase by many 10s of thousands and your IPH will grow at an amazing pace.