Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

PSA : A Word About Datasets/Missing Events

Every time we run an event, it is absolutely critical that you download the newest data set. Before you start wondering why you don't have an event (they go out for everyone at the same time, but not everyone updates at the same time) check for this. Unless something is totally borked with your game, the only reason you don't have an event is because you didn't download the new data.

All non-LTQ events have a level requirement of level 10.

Usually, you need to be around level 30-40 to participate in the LTQs, due to the fact that it uses maps only accessible by those levels.

(Sometimes events go out later than planned. Everyone gets them at the same time, though!)

Go Menu > More > About and see what it says next to "Data: " That number is generally the date we pushed out the last data set. Today's latest data set is 20130807_2, indicating that we pushed out new data yesterday, on 2013/8/7.

For iOS: You can get the new data by exiting/restarting the app. If you took note of the data set before, you can check it again when you enter to see if it changed. If it didn't, the data hasn't loaded. Exit/restart until you get it.

For Android: You need to go to Menu > More > About and check if it says "Updating...". If it does, go back to the main screen and wait until it prompts you to restart the game. Do that. If it's taking a really long time, that means your connection isn't very good. Try to connect somewhere with a strong WiFi signal to get it to load.

Do not delete/re-install. This often reverts you to an even older data set. If you have to do that for some unrelated reason, follow the above steps to get you back to the most recent one.

Thanks for this A&F. If I can ask one "non-techie person" follow up question. How do we know if a new dataset is available to be downloaded?

Goodfellas: Respected and Protected

Quote Originally Posted by Timmaaay View Post
    Thanks for this A&F. If I can ask one "non-techie person" follow up question. How do we know if a new dataset is available to be downloaded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    Every time we run an event, ...
    Clearly, every time there is a new event. Schedule is posted in game.

Thanks. I got that part. Was more of an "in general" question. If its only for events then OK.

Quote Originally Posted by _Drifter View Post
    Clearly, every time there is a new event. Schedule is posted in game.

Goodfellas: Respected and Protected

How does ones game become "borked" ?

We do push data for things other than events/new content, but it is rare (and usually a fix to an issue with the current dataset).

Also, A&F forgot to mention the third case where something isn't showing up, which is when new content is just delayed (usually QA found something in a final pass-through). We normally try to get new content (events, etc.) out the door in the late morning or early afternoon local (Pacific) time, but things can be delayed till late afternoon Pacific in some extreme cases.

Cheers for this guys - couldn't get the black rose to work on my mini - let it do the update and it said to restart game and then worked

What does the _N after the dataset represent? Is that a build number?
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Thanks!
    I was just wondering why the european are in a disadvantage? Dont care about boss events...becouse of limited time during the LTQs starting at midnight in europe we need to stay up all night or spend more gold to finish these events.

Cheers Propha

I have the same question as MXZ - I have always wondered what the number after the underscore signifies. I thought it might have something about the hour or the version but... I feel like you guys could say :P
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Was the Street Cleaner (94/63) really supposed to be the common for the limited sets just released?
    If so you people have lost your ever loving mind.
    Ain't nobody gonna buy the set for that.
    Always Famous......

So, how do we install the dataset with the pagodas for lower level accounts?

Wouldn't that be nice
    Who needs to win, when your in a team as friendly as ours.
    we will of course crush you.

Well, I have the most current dataset, and I had the event for The Black Rose level 20 and got the prize. But I didn't have the level 30, and now I'm on level 34 and don't have the goal for 50 in my goals list, even though I get the splash screen. I hope I get the prizes some day.

If anyone else has this issue, I opened a ticket and they did confirm that they are aware of it and were working on it. This happened to me once before - I defeated level 40 (or 50) using gold, but didn't get the prize. When I opened a ticket, they said I didn't defeat the top level. I'm taking screen shots this time...

I am on Android Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I still cannot trigger the boss. It is on my goal list and I checked for the data push...it says "Data: 20130805_13 Updating..." for hours, since this afternoon, but its not doing anything. I have good WiFi. I tried exiting and reloading, taking the battery out, etc. Nothing is working! Its so frustrating!
    Original Syn, top 50/75