Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Question Pre-Guild War: Leadership Boosts, etc.

What are your thoughts on this?
    (Leadership Boost seems to be from 10~30%. That is from HC to GM.)
    I can already see some players, esp. those stronger ones jumping ships. Some excited, some sad, some angry, lol!

My thoughts:
    1) Some players would leave their guilds and join other guilds where they'd be offered Leadership roles.
    2) Some players would start making their own guilds & leave the current one where they are just commanders.
    3) For some, things would be as it is and as planned for them.

Players would be divided into 2 (or more):
    1) Top guilds vying to win the GW.
    2) Casual players who'd take the boost over the prizes of the GW. Who'd rather play their games with some friends, do Epic Boss, Arena & not get stressed over GW, but engage it the way they want to and just have some fun.

-Is making a new guild or joining a new one worth it? It might be, esp. for the massive boost in stats and for those who'd rather focus in the arena, Epic boss, etc. than getting seriously involved in the upcoming GW. Not everyone's got time and dedication to stick around guilds where there are some strict rules to be followed, esp. during the war. Not everyone would be happy not getting the Leadership boost as well.

-Is joining the Guild Wars worth it? It might be, depending on the prizes that would be given away and the time, resources that you are willing to spend for this and your guild. For some players, this is the moment they could show their might and teamwork and get the coveted top spot.

So what's everyone's take on this?
    I honestly like the fact that Gree did this to cause chaos and create more possible rivalry even within a guild. This is WAR after all ^^

NOTE:
    Pls avoid flaming and all. Lets all have some good exchange of views, opinions, etc.

Cheers! =)
    Last edited by King Mark; 08-08-2013 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Added Info

Talking Lol

Everybody in my clan have left. Just GC and GS is remauning. Very big caos omg

Quote Originally Posted by Hjon View Post
    Oh...even your High Commanders? O.o
    I think this Leadership boost is causing some major impact on players and different guilds already, hahaha! It's going to be a chaos indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mark View Post
    What are your thoughts on this?

1) Top guilds vying to win the GW.
    =)
    I agree there will be sometop guilds trying to win the GW (how many will depand on the rewards). From an economic point of view everybody else should found one man or top officer guilds. The guild bonuses are devalued in comparison.

Lets see if theses changes will hold for long. I have serious doubts the chaos to come has been thought to the end by GREE. Or as a fellow knight wrote somewhere "what have they been smoking"
    Eldaran
    GM The Red Phoenix
    Phoenix Knights Alliance

Overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    Overreaction.
    Are you a leadership role in your guild? If you are then just let someone else have it?

It's too much.

I'm a Guild Sentinel, and my att/def have gone up 16% in one night. That's more than double the bonus the entire Guild paid for with millions of gold contributed (we just got our first 8% bonus yesterday, everything else is on 7%). I'm not sure what effect further Guild bonuses will have on this boost.

I'm not sure why the boost occurs everywhere and not just in the War. I've fought a dozen Arena battles since the update, and I'm creaming people who would otherwise give a very tight battle, leaving one of my knights at the back polishing their fingernails. I haven't lost a fight post-update, and I've not been checking stats carefully before the battle, just remembering names. This put me comfortably back into ribbon 1 at around 200th at present, when I was struggling to stay around 250th pre-boost. Too late this week to push me into the top 100, but if it lasts another week that's definitely on.

I've run through the first 16 levels of the Epic Boss with just one knight, a previously impossible event (at least for me). I may be able to push as far as 20 with one knight, certainly 19.

Eunachorn is not a normal player, he's an elitist, judging from his posts here on the Forum. He's the GM of the most powerful and wealthiest Guild in the game, with a posse of feeder Guilds. We'll see how many people are still in the Coalition when they discover they can get a better stat boost in a Guild of their own creation. If I wasn't already in a leadership position enjoying the caviar and champagne (and I hope living up to my leadership role) I'd leave and start a Guild just to see what happens.

I'm more of a democrat by nature and necessity (I don't have limitless cash to open DPCs and the like). I can see that a small boost to the officers (I'm assuming this includes the High Commanders) spices things up in the War, maybe 5% or less, but I don't see why such a boost is carried across to the map, Arena and Epic Boss. The Arena in particular, the only area besides War where you fight other players, gives a huge advantage to those with the boost.

I can perfectly well see why anyone not receiving the boost is immediately leaving their Guild to start their own and get the boost for themselves. The War is a side-issue to most players and Guilds, especially as we haven't been through one yet and seen how it plays out.

GM position can be transferred right? If so, I'd make a guild using my alternate account and take over when chaos starts hahaha! ^^
    Last edited by King Mark; 08-08-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    Overreaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hildigam View Post
    Are you a leadership role in your guild? If you are then just let someone else have it?
    @Hildigam:

Lol! That Eunuchorn can't do that cause errr ... Hahaha!

@Musketeer

I have to agree. Strong players who don't wish to be bound by some people, some nobody other than their own has now the option to make their own guilds. Be the GM and you'd have a boost of about 20-30%. Have an alternate account to join the guild to help do the quests and have some good friends RL to take all the Leadership Roles. Then level up your guild even just to 5% elemental bonus and you automatically have 25-35% boost! (Rough estimate, but shouldn't be below 25% for GMs) LOL! Compared to being a regular member even of these so called "top guilds" with just 8% elemental boost? Possibly even being kicked and all after investing in a guild nor yours or your friend's? Which would you choose? Of course, the possible GW prize is still in question whether it's worth it for an individual's preference or not.

I'm liking this idea more and more coz it gives players more options on the table for this guild wars and not be pushed to join some guilds who might just kick them if they aren't able to go online for Guild Wars or just because some leaders say so. That is after investing your time, gold and quest helping level a guild not your own or your friend's.

Now, the choice is yours! ^^
    Last edited by King Mark; 08-08-2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Added info

leadership boosts

I LOVE IT!!! i worked hard to build and maintain my guild and deserve the boosts. i also encouraged any of my own current guildmates who want the boosts to go get it, shake the guilds up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hjon View Post
    Then u can merge with our guild
    RS Papa3G
    Level 253 (5 maxed epics & 7 legends)
    GM of RAJAWALI SAKTI on iOS
    (Top 100 Guild, Lvl 64, Members 37/37)
    "When the Eagle become strongest ever..."
    A u tired fighting alone with few people only during GW?
    A u willing to merge n bring along ur mates to our Guid?
    Please send private message or contact me on LINE if u're interested...

Well said, Mark. I agree with your thoughts. I personally think the boost will have an overall negative effect on guild relations. I am just going to enjoy the perk while it lasts.

If guild wars prove to be a letdown with decent rewards going only to the money spending guilds, then there will be alot of people setting up their own little 3-man mini guilds.

I'm a GM, and I noticed today I'm able to run Epic KoD without a friend, thanks to the boosts.

A number of situations where i needed two hits to drop a mob now take 1, and roc+ on my main in the front takes out kraken in one power attack now.

Quote Originally Posted by KhaosReignsGuildmaster View Post
    I LOVE IT!!! i worked hard to build and maintain my guild and deserve the boosts. i also encouraged any of my own current guildmates who want the boosts to go get it, shake the guilds up!!!
    If you want to express your opinions atleast have the guts to use your real forum account so people know who you are.
    Trolling like this is pretty pathetic...

ok

this is my account gooftroop