To Camp, or Not?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Camp, or Not?

Post Count

To Camp, or Not?

Looking for advice...

As it is, I only do boss events (and complete them without spending gold).

Right now I'm pretty close to whale territory, and I'm wondering if I should hold off for a period for this reason...

Where I'm currently at, I can over vault by a few billion, with losing only a little at a time. The one's that can take me out, are only there for a short period, as I assume they are leveling up faster than I am. Not enough damage where I can't upgrade the LE's to 10.

I'm sure once I hit whale territory, I won't be able to over vault like this again, as I'll be destroyed by the whales and sharks.

This opportunity won't last forever, so I'm wondering if I should take advantage of this while I can, and continue upgrading my LE buildings?

Thanks
    Resurrected from the "ban"

Banned
    Post Count
    CAMP!!! Do it, stay where you are, only do the LTQ or other bs LTE missions and so on. Build your stats, then, when you hit apex! Go for it, shred everyone in you league apart. I was a noob and did all the mission up until I hit the forum (about lvl 50) with horrible stats, I mean 20k Att and 30k Deff and now I regret it sincerely. Give yourself an opportunity to max out every single building including ALL WD building so when you hit the mid 100s you will become unstoppable. I'm at lvl 118 with 308att and 435deff, If I would have camped for the first 40 levels I would nearly have doubled it by 150. But unfortunatly with my noob ish acts in the past I f*cked up and missed that opportunity. But please, if you have several BILLIONS in your vault, camp as much as possible to become a top 10 contender when you reach high 100s and even lvl 200.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Where is the Whale Zone these days?

Post Count
    Thanks, Mastert, but I'm not a newb. My STATS are descent, 6xxK/9xxK (Bigger than some, smaller than many).

I just know from about a month ago, I was getting destroyed by many with 1m + A/D. That batch moved on. I'd like to build my IPH a little higher before I do move into whale territory (is it still level 151+?).

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Camp. Do bosses and boxes and nothing else. No LTQs and no LTEs. Bosses and boxes give you by far the best bang for the buck. Do your best to stay under level 150 as long as possible. I did the same thing as Masert55 but even worse --- I didn't realize what I as doing until level 80 or so. I have now seen the light, but I still have a long way to go. I am an officer in a top 400 faction and have been fro the beginning and plan to stay with my faction forever. Not only because we get better and better every war, and at some point we will be a top 250 faction with little to no gold spending (I plan to prove that it is possible, though it will take a while), but also because after 8 or so months in my faction we've all become friends. It's a great social venue as well as playing the game itself. If you're not already in a faction, find one. You'll get whatever boosts they provide as well as personal advice from some probably very smart players. We'd be glad to take you, and PM me if you are interested, but honestly it sounds like you could easily hop into any top 100 faction with ease.

Having messed up my beginning in MW, I began KA a couple of months ago correctly. I found a camping-only guild and I do bosses only. Nothing else. I plan to stay in that guild for months and months until I am a powerhouse with uber-IPH and huge A/D stats for my level. Then I may seek out a top active guild. Some of the members of my KA camping guild have been playing for six or more months and are still only level 7 or 8. But their stats are incredible. It's all about 1) patience and 2) ignoring the ridiculous missions that the game gives you.

And I may do the same in CC. Haven't started that game yet, but if I do I will camp like crazy.

Verbose Veteran Ph4ntom Stranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ckos2 View Post
    Thanks, Mastert, but I'm not a newb. My STATS are descent, 6xxK/9xxK (Bigger than some, smaller than many).

I just know from about a month ago, I was getting destroyed by many with 1m + A/D. That batch moved on. I'd like to build my IPH a little higher before I do move into whale territory (is it still level 151+?).
    Folks at 250 can see level 150 guys. Not all of them but most of em. I am at 170 now and I still can't see players above 178-180. So even though they have all been able to see me since 150, I still don't see any of them.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I used to be an advocate of camping but have changed my approach for a few reasons:

1. Camping is not compatible with being in a top faction:
    - You expect to gain at least a couple of levels per WD event
    - To participate in the Tournament of Factions you can't be a hardcore camper.
    - Campers stats increase more slowly than normal, meaning that each event the campers have less targets.

2. The prizes from recent LTQs and other events are far better than those from the boss. Since I stopped "semi-camping", just before Australia, I have gained 400k in boosted attack stats (around 150-175k raw)

3. Camping isn't fun. the game is way more fun when you do events, hunt cash to raid and play it as a war game; I've camped, semi-camped and played with no concern for XP - and the latter has been the most fun for me. I fully expect to have people smashing up my base for money in the future (and experience it now) but that just motivates me to go and rob some money from someone else.

Just my two cents - feel free to pay attention fully or partially, but have fun whatever you're doing!
    https://groupme.com/join_group/111752286/ztWL9q

Post Count
    From L237 I can L250 to L169 all at 500 allies. Suspect allies and Level are still factors at lower levels. Overvaulting can be dangerous everywhere though. Just ask draino.....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    where is super camper draino these days??
    my MW casualty rate? Increasing daily ):

Post Count
    As Jon highlighted alot of it has to do with what faction you are in and what your future plans goiong forward are.

I still participate in Semi-Camping (WD events, Boss events, LE buildings and Crate Events)
    I do participate in the FvF events but due to my lvl and general rank i have no targets to hit.

In the end i won't partcipate in the LTQ events because they will cause more XP than the entire 3 weeks with the other 3-4 events i do play. However my stats pale in comparison to most in a top 10 faction and every war its more difficult for me to find a target.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    I only have a few Boss events to go before I will be unable to finish them. That's why I'm thinking of holding back. My IPH is almost enough where I should be able to complete the LE Building events.

A couple more level 10's, and then I should be fine for the LE events.

Post Count
    If you collect your buildings on time and limit your over-vault cash, is there really anything to worry about from this so called 'whale' zone?

camper faction

Does anyone have a camper faction I can join? Im level 8 been there for 2 months. PM me thanks

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bndawgs View Post
    If you collect your buildings on time and limit your over-vault cash, is there really anything to worry about from this so called 'whale' zone?
    Not really. There are only 2 reasons for someone in the whale zone to hit you:

#1 Cash (if they can't steal it then whats the poiont?)
    #2 Battle points (The higher your rank/Defense the greater your going to get hit)

#3 isn't game related but it depends how you act in the game as well. Go around being a jerk you will get hit just because.

I believe the OP point though is he wants to grow his IPH substantially before going into the whale zone because he isn't limited his time over vault. He is always over vault.
    VFF Legends

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Camp. I flew through the first 80 lvls not nowing that it was a bad thing. I stayed between lvl 100-150 for 5 or 6 months. I was able to beat the last 6 bosses. I was only doing bosses and box events. Sad thing is I just hit lvl 151 2 days ago