Adding Guild Name to your game profile

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding Guild Name to your game profile

Post Count

Adding Guild Name to your game profile

With the increasing importance of guilds I wonder if it is possible to add our Guild name to the player profile.

Some players already have their guild initials in their player names but if possible it would be very nice to have them by default in the player profile and also in the player lists (ie the attack list).

Best regards
    New Kingdom Age ID 198-289-971 198289971
    Old Kingdom Age ID 436-985-770 436985770

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Unlikely GREE would do anything about this, as it's something they currently charge for.

Paint the World Black With Us.
    Dragon Realms 840-064-428

Kingdom Age Ally Code- 734-077-018

Dragon Realms Ally Code- 911-214-292
    Dragon Realms Guild Code - 840-064-428

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Wow really?

You mean they currently charge to see a guild name? Seriously?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryikk View Post
    You mean they currently charge to see a guild name? Seriously?

No, they charge to change your name. That's when the people add their Guild letters to it. No free option and I wouldn't anticipate one either. And, currently there isn't any other way to see someones guild affiliation unless you check their wall and it is mentioned there.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    50 gems. Fork it over.

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I see a ton of those. It happens, but coast 50 gold is a no show.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I've already sent a ticket stating that everyone should be entitled to one free name change as it is standard in all games generally. The response was names can be changed for a small fee.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sousas View Post
    With the increasing importance of guilds I wonder if it is possible to add our Guild name to the player profile.
    I agree. It would be very helpful if, on a player's profile page, the game listed what guild they are in. This is not the same as adding guild initials to a player's name being talked about - this is something that is in a player's profile on the server but just not shown on the screen when you look at a profile. If Gree can change the programming to add our boost information to be visible in our own profiles, they can program it to show the guild when you open another player's.

All your manor are belong to us.

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Examples [BAF]Duncan, [kys]Biff05, [BBS]Jason.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    By putting your guild name in your user name you just make it easier for your opponents to scout you before the wars. We had guys in my old guild that would go through their rivals list right before wars and get free intel. I do thank MOC and a few other guilds for making scouting them so easy.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think the opposition to this idea would be greater than the support.

Banned
    Post Count
    As a weaker player, people who have spent 50 gems to change their name represent people usually who are to strong for me to raid, so it's a nice filter on the rivals list from my perspective.

Post Count
    Nice point, Darth Randy, but... I got my name change in a week or two before they started charging for them so your filter's not perfect, and I'm certain there are far more gem-spending players that don't have these tags than players who bothered to get them... not sure you should rely on this method.

There is no reason connected to the game programming that should prevent users from changing their names for free. Limit it to once a month, or 4 times a year, but do it so any user can do it without requiring the opening of a technical support ticket. And there is no technical reason why guild membership should not be visible within the user's profile, if not also visible on the battle list. In fact it would be very helpful: there has been a lot of movement over time and you can't always tell that a person wearing a particular guild tag is still with that guild. Sometimes, that matters.

There are a few reasons why changing names should not be allowed frequently. The first is obvious: it would make PvP scouting much more difficult, breaking that part of the game. Once a month will be fine. I enjoy running into guilds where several members have taken the same name, and I get a kick out of players named "Level 150 Atk 950k". There are some fantastic names out there, why stifle this creative outlet? But there is another reason to control name changes that is less obvious: you end up with childish behavior, players changing their names to insult or offend other players... if this boorishness had a name, it would be "The IROC Problem".
    Let us prey.
    [MoC]Tarsus

Post Count
    As soon as I joined my guild I changed my name when it was still free . I'm a proud member of TTK (The Templar Knights)HONOUR ABOVE ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs Pizza View Post
    By putting your guild name in your user name you just make it easier for your opponents to scout you before the wars. We had guys in my old guild that would go through their rivals list right before wars and get free intel. I do thank MOC and a few other guilds for making scouting them so easy.
    i do this with my raiding and attack. came in very handy in the last war.