Is Gree going to fix this?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Gree going to fix this?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Is Gree going to fix this?

Those of us on first generation iPads are unable to play in most events. It's getting to the point where I can't even donate to my group because the games closes. This is getting ridiculous!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LW okie View Post
    Those of us on first generation iPads are unable to play in most events. It's getting to the point where I can't even donate to my group because the games closes. This is getting ridiculous!
    most likely not, as more content gets released the game will get harder to play on older devices. Pretty soon ill have to say goodbye to my trusty old 3rd gen ipod touch too.

Post Count
    Make the effort to sell your original iPad and buy a new one.

'nuff said.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    No thanks. Games not that important.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LW okie View Post
    No thanks. Games not that important.
    \It will be the same for other apps you have on the iPad first generation. Technology moves forward. No one is using Windows 98, or an Edge first generation iPhone anymore either...

Post Count
    I'm having the same issue, but the performance can be improved. I'll be sure to kill all other applications so KA is the only thing running. If that doesn't work, I power down and restart. It hasn't failed me yet.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Everyone knows that devices get old and relatively undersupported. Or at least everyone should. By the time your device is 3-4 years old, you're behind. I used to think that it was just a marketing ploy, until I went into industry and realized that its just because that's how quickly the tech is moving. It's only a 30 year old tech, 20 if you count PCs, and 10 if you count tablets/smart phones. That's a really young tech. Part of the price of being on the bleeding edge is rampant growth, and subsequent out of date tech. The iPad 1 is gone, bro. Let it go.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    I'm so peeved that this game won't run on my Atari 2600. WTF GREE? Backwards compatibility anyone?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphazard View Post
    I'm so peeved that this game won't run on my Atari 2600. WTF GREE? Backwards compatibility anyone?
    It runs on my Commodore 64 with no issues - not sure what all the fuss is about LoL
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Banned
    Post Count
    Yeah I gotta say my device is having trouble running KA. Even with it's 2D graphics and recycled unit pictures, I can't seem to get it to play?

Post Count
    Never realized you were so old hammer.

Articulate Author Colony Colonel's Avatar
    Post Count
    He only asked if this game will see improvements for older devices. Just because you guys invest hundreds into the game it doesn't mean that everyone will and slap graphics cards with huge cooling fans onto their iPads just so that their silo's have greater detail. This community is for more than just the heavy gem spenders so when a question is asked give an informative and sensible answer or don't comment at all.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This thread = like. Not the question so much, but the jokey parts. Well played forum. Well played.

Post Count
    Colonol, I was just playing around. I actually play the game on an iPad 1. I feel the pain of the OP. I also worked for years as a producer of games. So here's a serious answer (although most of this can be found elsewhere on this forum.
    1. Developers across the board need to weigh the benefit of supporting older devices against the cost of doing so. Most developers are very much aware of the exact percentage of their user base that is on each tier of device and will make decisions based on that number. Some fixes will be cheap and quick, others time consuming and expensive. Over time as more people upgrade hardware, the benefits of supporting older devices diminish. So this is the type of problem you should expect to get worse over time not better (in general).
    2. About 6 months ago GREE did make a significant step to address poor performance on old IOS devices. Specifically they implemented a device check and turned off all non-essential background elements on older devices (like trees, bushes, etc on maps) to reduce the memory requirements for loading a map. My take would be that this was the most cost effective way to address the performance issues and that it's unlikely we'll see another significant effort made in this arena until the next tier of devices starts experiencing performance hits (at which point the iPad1 experience will have long since died completely).
    3. There are a number of things we troglodytes (iPad1 owners) can do to improve performance and work around the memory limitations of our devices:
      1. Turn off weather and sound FX in the game options
      2. Turn off all notifications
      3. Ensure that only KA is running on your device by hard closing all apps, including KA, prior to launching the app
    4. While playing there are techniques that avoid the heaviest memory tasks
      1. The most important is to understand that when moving from one part of the game to another requires more memory than just being in one area. So memory crashes will happen most often when going from one screen to another. Keep transitions to a minimum while playing. If you're on the map you need to be on for a quest, stay there.
      2. Not all maps have equal memory loads. It depends on the size of the map, the number and type of mobs that spawn, and probably other factors. The map I've found the easiest to transition in and out of is Lanibod's Crypt. When traveling to a map that seems to cause a memory related crash, I always travel to Lanibod first, then to the map that the quest is on.
      3. Wait for each animation or game process to complete before starting the next action especially if you're seeing crashes when ovelapping specific actions.
    Using these steps I've managed to complete the current normal LTQ and several stages of the heroic on my iPad1.

Hope this helps.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Colony Colonel View Post
    He only asked if this game will see improvements for older devices. Just because you guys invest hundreds into the game it doesn't mean that everyone will and slap graphics cards with huge cooling fans onto their iPads just so that their silo's have greater detail. This community is for more than just the heavy gem spenders so when a question is asked give an informative and sensible answer or don't comment at all.
    He asked a question that common sense would answer, and got an appropriate response, regardless of his income level. Many of us play free or cheap. Anyone that asked that question would get a similar response, be they top3 or top1250.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013