Constant garbage match-ups Gree; raising the Flag - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Constant garbage match-ups Gree; raising the Flag

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    40+ levels above you seems to get biggest points, I think it caps off there so 50 or 60 levels is no different to attacking someone 40 levels above you

Banned
    Post Count
    yes, i know. I said that in respons to someone else saying "you get sh|tty point for your sh|tty stat's/

like i said before... I try to attack minimum level 197 up to 2xx (as high as i can find)
    my point is that when i attack a level 222 player or a level 232, or higher player...

i used to get 320-420 or more.
    but during this battle i have trouble to even earn 190-230 influence points
    If i dare to attack players level 200-215 it can even drop to 50-100points

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    I think they may have eased of the gold usage, but they still have quite a few players with strong stats, which helps explain why they would get high ranked opponents.
    Not in the least. 4 or 5 higher ranked players out of 60 should get us higher matchups closer to top 25 when sitting at or below the top 50 line, but those should be the exception, not top 10 consistently. Matching is hosed no matter which way. Think we were only matched with teams near our ranking twice yesterday. We're also seeing matched with top 1000 teams as well which doesn't do any team justice.

The system is just broke and needs to get fixed.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAZ View Post
    Not in the least. 4 or 5 higher ranked players out of 60 should get us higher matchups closer to top 25 when sitting at or below the top 50 line, but those should be the exception, not top 10 consistently. Matching is hosed no matter which way. Think we were only matched with teams near our ranking twice yesterday. We're also seeing matched with top 1000 teams as well which doesn't do any team justice.

The system is just broke and needs to get fixed.
    I'm not saying it's fair, I'm just saying that's why. DFA gets the same thing, constantly matching top 10s because we have a lot of high level, high stat players. We got FC/SAS/RG/IN a combined 12 times last war, but luckily they tweaked the matching a bit and we haven't seen any of them this war. The FC/SAS/RG/IN matchups are the ones where we only have 4-5 people strong enough to get their points in.

Edit: Although I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of the situation. Take a look at these two teams' stats:

Team A
    L250 - 903k
    L250 - 736k
    L240 - 870k
    L232 - 688k
    L231 - 562k
    L230 - 560k
    L225 - 559k
    L224 - 516k
    L213 - 436k

Team B
    L250 - 536k
    L247 - 629k
    L247 - 377k
    L234 - 328k
    L232 - 601k
    L224 - 494k
    L216 - 532k
    L209 - 507k
    L203 - 467k
    Where do you think Team A and Team B are currently ranked?
    Last edited by BigMoney; 08-04-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteryliner View Post
    yes, i know. I said that in respons to someone else saying "you get sh|tty point for your sh|tty stat's/

like i said before... I try to attack minimum level 197 up to 2xx (as high as i can find)
    my point is that when i attack a level 222 player or a level 232, or higher player...

i used to get 320-420 or more.
    but during this battle i have trouble to even earn 190-230 influence points
    If i dare to attack players level 200-215 it can even drop to 50-100points
    Your at level 222, you're only going to get big points from people close to level 250. Previously you must have been at a lower level, so you probably were able to find more targets. If you attack people around your level or below you wont get great points. As someone stated earlier, the points are based on the difference of your level versus the level of your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by dribblin todger View Post
    +1 for what Bandit says...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    One word for crybabies....quit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit_ View Post
    Your at level 222, you're only going to get big points from people close to level 250. Previously you must have been at a lower level, so you probably were able to find more targets. If you attack people around your level or below you wont get great points. As someone stated earlier, the points are based on the difference of your level versus the level of your opponent.
    Up until this battle I would've agreed with that. I have a 330-340 average right now when in all the previous battles I had a 380-390 average. I'm getting the same points from people at -10 my level (181) as i am from people (59) above at 250 (59) and the difference in IP varies very little from high or low stats. My lvl is 191 and my stats are 498/531. Stat wise I almost double the next highest player in my syndi and we have constantly finishes in the 200 to 250 range every battle, yet this time 75% of our battles have been top 100's sprinkled with some top 75's. where as before it was about 25% of our battles.

I for one believe that Gree needs to stop pushing all these dang events and fix what they have before adding new. Their quality control is almost nil lately.

Post Count
    I'm not saying it's fair, I'm just saying that's why. DFA gets the same thing, constantly matching top 10s because we have a lot of high level, high stat players. We got FC/SAS/RG/IN a combined 12 times last war, but luckily they tweaked the matching a bit and we haven't seen any of them this war. The FC/SAS/RG/IN matchups are the ones where we only have 4-5 people strong enough to get their points in.

Edit: Although I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of the situation. Take a look at these two teams' stats:

Team A

Team B

Where do you think Team A and Team B are currently ranked?
    Yesterday when the post was made we were top 100. then we were sitting on the fence at top 50, but just barely. today within top 50. So today we actually matched at least 6 matches to our own level and ranking and matching stat teams and we're higher on the leaderboard, but still top 50. Not a single top 3 or top 10 rolled through on the battlefield as well as not a single top 1000, 500, 250 or 100. Top 50 ranked teams with stats similars to ours is what we faced today as it should be.

In your example 10 players have high stats out of 60. Top 3 teams we saw yesterday had 1m stats for each player as a minimum for the most part or at least 900m. Not even remotely close to us.

So what changed between yesterday and today Gree?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Simple: The top 3 teams aren't declaring anywhere near as often anymore.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAZ View Post
    In your example 10 players have high stats out of 60. Top 3 teams we saw yesterday had 1m stats for each player as a minimum for the most part or at least 900m. Not even remotely close to us.
    10/60 players is quite a lot, and I was just posting players above 200 (we don't typically scout players well below 200). But it's still unreasonable of you to expect matchups where everyone has a target in every single match. Everyone gets matchups where they have few players who are able to hit the other team-- e.g. any time a top 25 team matches FC/SAS/RG/IN-- we fought those teams a combined 12 times last war. It's ridiculous to expect that you should only teams within your own syndicate's ranking, as such a matchup system would easily be prone to abuse/manipulation (e.g. it would be far more beneficial to drop outside a ranking if it were to guarantee a softer matchup). Take a look at the teams who were able to match real teams in the beginning of the war. I think TCM was in 2nd or 3rd with 900k+, a total I highly doubt they normally put up in matches against other top 25s.

You never answered my question about where you thought those teams were ranked. It's okay, I'll take the fact that you were unable to answer where teams with those kind of stats should be ranked as proof enough.

Edit: I might have one small detail wrong-- I thought I saw TCM in the Top 3 for the first battle, but I could be confusing them with Godfathers.
    Last edited by BigMoney; 08-04-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Lost hope

The game has taken its turn for the worst ... So many events , so many Gree screw ups , its totally become so time consuming ... Match ups outta wack , people dropped from syndicates and losing pvp awards , tickets unanswered , when will it stop. ? I really hope another developer makes a similar game with half the drama and crap , because i would jump in a second . Not only has CC become a rip off but everything that interested you in the game initially has vanished .... Cheaters cheat , Gree screws everything up and all the advantages are seemingly gone ... I hope one day a boycott does goes down , because Gree needs a b*tch slap in the face ... BTW congrats to FC on another awesome victory , lmfao ..... Crime City is a joke

Post Count
    Still having match up issues. We are ranked 88 and are fighting a team that was ranked 1222 last war, not that were complaining about the easy points

Back Alley Network

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingeasian View Post
    Still having match up issues. We are ranked 88 and are fighting a team that was ranked 1222 last war, not that were complaining about the easy points
    I'm like 95% sure that someone is going to get screwed over by the faulty matchups... maybe a team in 8th place, or 23rd, or whatever, unable to hold on for the final push because they get a syndicate like this:

This is why my team is currently building a sizable lead over what we think the top 25 mark will be.

Post Count
    I'm like 95% sure that someone is going to get screwed over by the faulty matchups... maybe a team in 8th place, or 23rd, or whatever, unable to hold on for the final push because they get a syndicate like this:

This is why my team is currently building a sizable lead over what we think the top 25 mark will be.
    For us the match up screw ups have been helpful except when we got matched with a top 25

Back Alley Network

Post Count
    I'm sure that only happened the first time, bm... But I just thought of something: who declared for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.