What's the best group messaging app for Android/iPhone ?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Which app is better for group messaging?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • TOUCH

1 1.82%
  • KIK

4 7.27%
  • GROUPME

45 81.82%
  • PALRINGO

5 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best group messaging app for Android/iPhone ?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

What's the best group messaging app for Android/iPhone ?

My team and I are currently using TOUCH but are looking to use a different type of communication app but not sure what to chose. Just downloaded Palringo but not sure if we want to take that route. Any suggestions?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Don't do palringo.

Kakao and Groupme are by far the top 2.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by f3enomenal View Post
    My team and I are currently using TOUCH but are looking to use a different type of communication app but not sure what to chose. Just downloaded Palringo but not sure if we want to take that route. Any suggestions?
    They all suck but Kakao is the best.
    If I had a dollar for how many brains you didn't have, I'd have 1 dollar.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    Don't do palringo.

Kakao and Groupme are by far the top 2.
    Kakao, never heard of that.. I'll look it up

Post Count
    GroupMe is bestest ! lol.. from the word "Group" group chat/communication

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I didn't like palringo at all when my KA guild leader wanted to use it, at least on a phone. I'm told it's better on a computer. Anyway, that team now uses groupme which is much better, although the version I'm using now has a few annoying quirks of behaviour. Groupme will also want you to input your phone number, which some people understandably object to.

On that subject I read recently that in the uk the telephone regulator Ofcom maintains a range of fake phone numbers which can be used in movies or tv shows etc. if your country has a similar band of fake numbers it could be an option to avoid having to use your own.

Back to the question, the other app I use (for my current CC syndicate) is kakao. Either are good. Groupme is designed for groups as the name suggests. There's an initial limit of 50 people per group but it's pretty easy to get that made larger. I'm not sure how creating groups in kakao works, but the app works well
    Last edited by sister morphine; 08-01-2013 at 05:40 AM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    LINE chat app.

Consistent Contributor Fatherllama's Avatar
    Post Count
    I've used Palringo, Kakao and Groupme, and of the three, Groupme is by far the best. Clean, isn't too much of a resource hog, and you can log in via web browser, not just on your device. Super easy to add people and make new groups, too.

Kakao has some nice features, but it's... strange. I never did figure out how to add people I wasn't already in a group with as friends, and I got pretty tired of all the Kpop ad spam. Also has some problems on Android in my experience, not sure if that makes a difference to you.

Palringo is terrible -- has ads, clunky UI, only updates the last five or so messages at a time when you scroll up. Avoid at all costs.
    MW 485-323-301
    CC 471-967-706

Banned
    Post Count
    Groupme for sure

Post Count
    I have used Kakao, Line, GroupMe and Palringo.

Found Kakao the worst of them all - does not have a stand alone iPad version and no access from PC
    Line does not have a stand alone version for iPad thou but can use from PC, LIne also has cool stickers you can add into chat as well as emotes
    Group Me has challnges with maximum amount of members in rooms (50) - has iPad version and PC access, GroupMe has a cool thumbs up feature - good for roll calls
    Palringo has no challenges with use

Hope this helps bro

Post Count
    All the top teams use KakaoTalk or GroupMe.

I think KakaoTalk is the best.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Snot View Post
    I have used Kakao, Line, GroupMe and Palringo.

Found Kakao the worst of them all - does not have a stand alone iPad version and no access from PC
    Line does not have a stand alone version for iPad thou but can use from PC, LIne also has cool stickers you can add into chat as well as emotes
    Group Me has challnges with maximum amount of members in rooms (50) - has iPad version and PC access, GroupMe has a cool thumbs up feature - good for roll calls
    Palringo has no challenges with use

Hope this helps bro
    I use kakao quite happily on my iPad. Ok, it's not designed for it but works well enough.

Groupme is still my favourite, but I chucked it off my phone because I found it effectively impossible to not get push messages for longer than 12 hours at a time (the longest the mute can be turned on). Maybe there's another way to stop it completely, but I've not found it. On my iPad this is not an issue at all.
    Last edited by sister morphine; 08-01-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    kakao the best
    RIP INDICA420

Post Count
    Groupme hands down. I use most apps for chatting with other groups and recruiting, but Groupme takes the cake. Easy UI, excellent customer service, ability to REMOVE PEOPLE (huge), easy to make new chats and take votes, etc. only bad thing is I have an issue with my contacts, which customer service is looking into and sometimes the messages lag a little.

Good for iPad, iPhone, or PC.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Out of the choices touch is the only one i haven't used . i have always found groupme the best app for my andriod phone and my ipad.