Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

It's you. I had up to 17ee in the tank already in this run, but one time a few bosses ago I had over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by XBDMRRFPN View Post
    Will Jackalope come back?
    No. If you missed a boss completely you will never be able to summon it at the summoning stone for extra materials, nor will it ever reappear as an Epic Boss.

I wasn't around for jackalope only started playing midway through the dragons (was only able to get normal armour for phyrus), should I pursue this boss for the armour (lacking a good earth/water armour) even though at my current level I can only probably best it 17/18 times?

Also another question should I bother with crafting normal phyrus armour? Sorry if questions nooby :/

Quote Originally Posted by Davenex View Post
    I wasn't around for jackalope only started playing midway through the dragons (was only able to get normal armour for phyrus), should I pursue this boss for the armour (lacking a good earth/water armour) even though at my current level I can only probably best it 17/18 times?

Also another question should I bother with crafting normal phyrus armour? Sorry if questions nooby :/
    No, Any boss armor whereby you cannot obtain a + version(43 wins) is a waste to craft and level as the stats are comparable to the big 4 but take way more time and way more gold to max.
    Will only accept requests if you send me a PM first.
    K&D: XBC-NPY-XBQ
    A member of Rainbow Party, Part of the Rainbow Coalition
    Main Knight: GeNoCiDe
    Level 9x
    Notus Nemesis +

Quote Originally Posted by Genocide788 View Post
    No, Any boss armor whereby you cannot obtain a + version(43 wins) is a waste to craft and level as the stats are comparable to the big 4 but take way more time and way more gold to max.
    Ok but then i come back to my question, i have big four maxed, infernal and swap + maxed and i'm lvl 97 and never got to 43. I have over 20 friends lvl 100+ but still never got to 43. (got to 35 on phyrus) if i dont max a normal epic boss armor, won't i be stuck on getting higher ?
    Lvl 11x Daily player. Add me, if lvl 100+ i'll accept, below 100 please send a PM. XBB-YDQ-DVY

Quote Originally Posted by D3athShade View Post
    Ok but then i come back to my question, i have big four maxed, infernal and swap + maxed and i'm lvl 97 and never got to 43. I have over 20 friends lvl 100+ but still never got to 43. (got to 35 on phyrus) if i dont max a normal epic boss armor, won't i be stuck on getting higher ?
    Normal epic boss armors stats aren't that great - which means u'll be wasting ur resources getting it to lvl70 rather than use it elsewhere. Ur next project imo should be to get dark prince+ and max it. And ofc get to 100.

It will get easier, esp when u have armors that is nice counter for the boss. What's impt though, is the management of ur EEs. How u utilise ur EEs and ofc making sure u check ingame to use ur EEs before it gets maxed is crucial. Radlonghammer's stickied thread is a good guide to ee management and how to optimally advance thru the boss lvls. My guildies also set alarms to wake up every five hrs to kill epic boss to make sure they fully utilise ee regen without wasting any.
    IGN: Thatzme
    Guild: The Rainbow Room - Last Hurrah

A normal boss armor would have maybe 100-300 stat advantage over the big 4 so the difference really wouldn't be that big. I went with Big 4 all the way and managed to down 43 from Flame Summoner onwards. At that point the bosses were a little easier. Phyrus was the hardest of the 4 Dragons so don't beat yourself up about it. You just have to wait for the right boss whose elements work in your favour i guess.
    Will only accept requests if you send me a PM first.
    K&D: XBC-NPY-XBQ
    A member of Rainbow Party, Part of the Rainbow Coalition
    Main Knight: GeNoCiDe
    Level 9x
    Notus Nemesis +

Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    is it me or do you not get bonus epic energy drops when you have more than 12 EE
    I bought energy for Notus when I was at level 19, and got energy drops at level 20 and 21 when I had over 30 EE.
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

Stats and Look

I have to say this because everyone just seems way off.
    First of all: the look of the armor is irrelevant, it doesn't matter if it's ugly, it's good.
    Second: the stats are awesome. Some people favor the balanced stats of the jackalope, but for those of you who posted about this armor having worse stats than the dragon armors, you're wrong. It technically has better stats than Eurus or Boreas, and compares very well with Notus. Looks like a good week. I'm excited!

I just woke up.. Saw this boss... What.... On.... Earth?

The boss and armour looks awesome to me.... I want it!

It looks like nobody is really answering your question and it's because there is no good answer at the moment. As mentioned earlier, managing EE is important and finding a good armor match to the boss is also important, but even when all that is done, I can't see you completing level 43 with storyline armor and no gems. Unfortunately, you're stuck in a bad place and it's all due to bad timing (Gree made changes that now makes it impossible to leap from storyline to Epic Boss +)...

The problem is that Gree changed the game recently and widened the gap between the storyline and the Epic Boss battles. It used to be that you could get the best armor from the story line and then work towards the Epic Bosses, but they changed the bosses, so that they're much harder now. The gap that now exists between the Storyline and Epic Boss is so large that you'll need gems to overcome it.

For example, completing level 43 is a challenge for me and I have multiple Legendary+ armors. At times, I need to use gems to complete level 43. I also have a decent pool of friends who also have good armor (a quarter of them have better armor than me). The only reason I was able to even get to where I am is because the Android platform just started out and getting into the top 25 epic damage leader board wasn't difficult. That meant an automatic legendary+ armor... without this, I can't imagine how anyone can be expected to get a legendary+ armor using just the storyline and no gems.

Gree needs to either lower the Epic Boss difficulty or they need to add new storyline armor that will allow people to compete after the storyline. As it stands right now, after the storyline, you're kinda stuck... unless you use gems. With that said, you can get free gems from the video offers and if you save up, you can use them sparingly to get to level 43.

Here's my gem strategy (I still need it with multiple Legendary+ armor):

1) Use a gem or 2 for critical hits if you know that an extra hit may make the difference between a win and a loss.
    2) Never use the 12 gem cost for repeating the battle with fresh guys. If you're that far away from beating the boss, then it's time to give up and wait until next week.
    3) Plan ahead and if you think you're going to miss "playing time" throughout the week, purchase EE at the beginning of the event. This will allow you to get ahead by several hours or even days (depending on your purchase), because you can push forward into the event without using friends. Later in the event, your 10 friend limit becomes the bottleneck and purchasing EE may not help you as much.
    4) As you get closer to 43, you'll need to make a judgement call and decide whether to push forward with gems or not. Try and calculate how many gems it will take to finish 43 based on the damage you're currently doing and if you think it's worth it, then go for it. Otherwise wait until next week.

Update: One more thing.
    If you're willing to gamble, you could create the non-plus boss armor and fuse 2 of them together. You can get Tempered Battlegear, Guardian Battlegear, Clayplate Mantle, Combustion, and Moontide through fusion. All those in regular versions are as good or better than Legendary Boss armor. Keep in mind it's still a gamble and there's no guarantee, but at least the fusion rate is miles better than the DPC drop rate.
    Last edited by dd_knights; 07-31-2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Update

Unhappy

My daughter cry after she saw this monster

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Infernal View Post
    My daughter cry after she saw this monster
    funny...

without the eye it wouldnt be that bad...