Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mmmozzy View Post
    I like the way this one looks, it's cray.
    I'm a level 87 with the big 4 and swamp shaman + (lvl 50). I have 34 gems, any idea what I should spend them on? Almost used them on the dpc but I rarely get gem offers and I know the odds are bad. Any chance I could break lvl 43 on the epic boss or is 34 just not enough gems? I only got to 25 on phyrus without spending gems if that helps as a reference point
    I would spend the gems on getting your training grounds to level 3 (although it's a boring decision). I would avoid DPC at all costs (at this point in time and maybe even forever).

As for using gems on this boss... I'd say if you can get to level 40 without gems, I would consider using the gems to finish level 43 of the boss. Or if you want to be sure you get enough materials, it might be better to use 33 gems at the summoning stone after completing level 40.

don't spend on anything except level TFs til you've maxed them all, period

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

I'm your source of self-destruction
    Leading on your death's construction
    Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

Friend add code : XBB-ZYN-FMC
    LINE id : darthcow

"You're GREEtarded"
    "There is no cure for Stupidity"
    "Bad luck? Sucks to be you"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by dd_knights View Post
    I see what you're saying about 4/3 vs 3/4. This make sense, but 3000 damage? I'm not so sure.

Also, your math for the 4/3 strategy vs 5/2 strategy is flawed. In fact, it might actually be better to go 2/5 now that I think about it. Going 2/5 allows you to throw in a backup knight to take the 2 crits on the second round, yet still allow you to run the 5/2 strategy.

The 5/2 strategy is 8.7% stronger overall, if we use the exact same knights. In reality, if you're employing the 4/3 strategy, you'll likely be using a friend who may be able to compensate for the 8.7% difference.
    Okay first of all...I didn't invent this strategy, it was taught to me by players who have played a lot longer than me. In fact, the 3/4 and 4/3 are what is supported by all the top players.

Now, to answer your math. Here is one mess up: you assumed every knight does 100 damage. That is wrong.

Main knights' stats are 50% higher than backup knights. E.g. your main has about 600 health and 300 of each offense and defense(approximately) while your backup knights have about 400/200/200 respectively.

So let's try again:
    Your way:

100 (your main)
    67 (a backup)
    67 (a backup)
    100 (a friend)
    100 (a friend)

=434
    x2
    =868

Now the second fight:

100 (your main)
    100 (your friend)

=200
    x1.25
    =250

Total = 1118 damage

Now, my way:

Fight 1:

100 (main knight)
    100 (friend)
    100 (friend)
    =300
    x1.50
    =450

Fight 2:
    67 (backup knight)
    100 (main knight)
    100 (friend)
    100 (friend)
    =367
    x1.75
    =642.25

Total = 1092.25

Your way did 25.75 more damage.

Wow...I guess your way is better....BUT WAIT. You forgot the whole point of the conversation dude. I was trying to do the most damage possible for someone who only has the big four.

Meaning if I do it your way, every knight won't do 100 (or even 67) damage. The three friends you use will do 100 damage, but the 4 knights of your own will do a fraction of that. Like 50 or less. So here is what I do, use 3 of my own crappy knights, then use 4 of my friends who have fully maxed Jian+ armors.

You see?

This wasn't about finding the best way to kill the boss using 7 knights equipped with the same awesome armor. This was about finding a way to make up for the fact that I have crappy armor but my friends have the best armors in the game. By using this 3/4 method, I capitalize on the strength of my friends. THAT is how I beat the lvl 43 Phyrus. I used my Notus+ to tank the beginning of the second fight, and I used my HH+ on my main in both fights. They barely did any damage, but the four Jian plusses wrecked him.

Here is my point. If you have 3 boss plus armors unlocked and maxed out, then you're set...getting to lvl 43 isn't hard. But if you are like me, and until a week ago, you had zero boss+ armors, you can still get to level 43 using powerful friends, quite easily.

This is my last post on this subject...too tired of people arguing. Just know this, I didn't say any of this to offend anyone or tell them they are wrong. What I was trying to do was share knowledge that I found useful when people gave it to me. I'm trying to empower you and let you know, it isn't nearly as hard as you think, hang in there, play it smart, and you will have a boss+ by the end of this week. Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by UN Kec; 08-01-2013 at 03:55 PM.

forget it kec, they're unbelievers i tell ya, but joo be laughing all da way to da bank wit ja plusses y'all

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

"You're GREEtarded"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by UN Kec View Post
    Okay first of all...I didn't invent this strategy, it was taught to me by players who have played a lot longer than me. In fact, the 3/4 and 4/3 are what is supported by all the top players.

Now, to answer your math. Here is one mess up: you assumed every knight does 100 damage. That is wrong.

Main knights' stats are 50% higher than backup knights. E.g. your main has about 600 health and 300 of each offense and defense(approximately) while your backup knights have about 400/200/200 respectively.

So let's try again:
    Your way:

100 (your main)
    67 (a backup)
    67 (a backup)
    100 (a friend)
    100 (a friend)

=434
    x2
    =868

Now the second fight:

100 (your main)
    100 (your friend)

=200
    x1.25
    =250

Total = 1118 damage

Now, my way:

Fight 1:

100 (main knight)
    100 (friend)
    100 (friend)
    =300
    x1.50
    =450

Fight 2:
    67 (backup knight)
    100 (main knight)
    100 (friend)
    100 (friend)
    =367
    x1.75
    =642.25

Total = 1092.25

Your way did 25.75 more damage.

Wow...I guess your way is better....BUT WAIT. You forgot the whole point of the conversation dude. I was trying to do the most damage possible for someone who only has the big four.

Meaning if I do it your way, every knight won't do 100 (or even 67) damage. The three friends you use will do 100 damage, but the 4 knights of your own will do a fraction of that. Like 50 or less. So here is what I do, use 3 of my own crappy knights, then use 4 of my friends who have fully maxed Jian+ armors.

You see?

This wasn't about finding the best way to kill the boss using 7 knights equipped with the same awesome armor. This was about finding a way to make up for the fact that I have crappy armor but my friends have the best armors in the game. By using this 3/4 method, I capitalize on the strength of my friends. THAT is how I beat the lvl 43 Phyrus. I used my Notus+ to tank the beginning of the second fight, and I used my HH+ on my main in both fights. They barely did any damage, but the four Jian plusses wrecked him.

Here is my point. If you have 3 boss plus armors unlocked and maxed out, then you're set...getting to lvl 43 isn't hard. But if you are like me, and until a week ago, you had zero boss+ armors, you can still get to level 43 using powerful friends, quite easily.

This is my last post on this subject...too tired of people arguing. Just know this, I didn't say any of this to offend anyone or tell them they are wrong. What I was trying to do was share knowledge that I found useful when people gave it to me. I'm trying to empower you and let you know, it isn't nearly as hard as you think, hang in there, play it smart, and you will have a boss+ by the end of this week. Good luck to everyone!
    I agree with you
    the problem is when you have friends (100+) wearing crappy armors who knows why...
    the strongest friend I have are less than 100 but with Aegis, the others go with AA and stuff like this...
    so if you have friends that use his best on the main character ok, if they wear whatever untopped non epic it's very hard...

Lol, I'm not sure why you're getting so angry. Are you seriously getting mad? I thought we were having an intelligent conversation, until you started your tantrum. I'm not sure what to say... sorry?

Like I said earlier, I prefer 5/2 because it works for me (I need to compete on the leaderboard too). I just know from personal experience that having just the big 4 made it impossible for me to reach level 43 of the epic boss (I wasn't even close). I know for a fact that going the 4/3 method wouldn't have changed a thing. Even if going 4/3 allowed me to progress a bit further, I would eventually run out of the use of friends.

Now with that said, I'm on Android, so I don't have a 12% guild bonus and I only had a few friends that were higher than me at the time. Luckily, the leaderboard was weak, so I got reward bonuses that helped me along. All I'm saying is that I'm not sure how others are going to bridge that gap. Obviously for you and UN, you guys are pros at this game and I can only hope to reach your level one day, but in the meantime, I will have to slum it with my inferior finger tapping.

Btw, I'm being facetious on purpose because of your tantrum (if you couldn't tell).

FWIW, this whole conversation started, because one guy asked what he should do next. He couldn't pass level 43 and was wondering if he should build non-plus epic boss armor as a stepping stone. According to you, he just needs to use 3/4 method and hang in there. Oh ya and join a guild of children with super jians.

Btw, I'm being facetious again. I truly do believe.

Meaning if I do it your way, every knight won't do 100 (or even 67) damage. The three friends you use will do 100 damage, but the 4 knights of your own will do a fraction of that. Like 50 or less.
    And there's the key. There is no one-size-fits-all answer as to whether 5+2 with 3 friends or 4+3 (or 3+4) with 4 friends will do more damage -- it all depends on the armor you and your friends have available. You really do have to do the math if you want to fully optimize.
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

What are the stats for the non + version of this armor?

case closed, kec has been reprimanded for revealing privileged information.

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

"You're GREEtarded"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by Blurpies View Post
    What are the stats for the non + version of this armor?
    Click the Data Sheet in my signature.
    Jello of Jokerz, Guild Champion
    Level 165+, Code: XBC-WNV-ZFR

Big 4, Bigger 4, Sky Guardian, Sky Guardian+, Eurus+, Phyrus+, Slimebane+ Maxed
    Notus+ (53), BKal+ (38), Assasin's Shroud+ (34), Boreas+ (29)

Current Boss Armor: Sky Guardian+ 70

Click for Data Sheet

This boss and armor looks ugly! It does have good stats though, I missed Jackalope so I could really do with a Water/Earth armor. Not that I could get to 43 though so i'll pass this boss. I'll fight it a bit to get some rewards, but I'll use my friends to farm some evil jewels.

not having much trouble with this boss.... got rocfeather robes+ (spirit/wind) for my main character. So I'm doing about 600 damage per hit.... the level 100+ friends I have help a lot though

My character is at level 40. I'm going to beat level 15 today, with the help of some gems perhaps. There's no way i'm making it to lv43.

What level do you think is required to beat level 15?

Quote Originally Posted by JRod4928 View Post
    not having much trouble with this boss.... got rocfeather robes+ (spirit/wind) for my main character. So I'm doing about 600 damage per hit.... the level 100+ friends I have help a lot though

My character is at level 40. I'm going to beat level 15 today, with the help of some gems perhaps. There's no way i'm making it to lv43.

My advice, save the gems.

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

"You're GREEtarded"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by JRod4928 View Post

yes wait when i began i cant beat level 15
    now i am lvl 75 i go to lvl 23 with only one friend in one shot

the more you lvl up, the more you are strong and have life and your flower too

my advice keep growing(lvl 100), craft the big for + and you will easyly reach lvl21

Quote Originally Posted by KayOrzz View Post
    My advice, save the gems.
    Yep.
    Swamp+ 816/1120 (1936 combined)
    Slimebane (non-plus) 908/857 (1765 combined)
    So with that storyline armor you'll have better stats for an earth/water armor and gems in your pocket to spend on your castle (TFs, smiths).
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration