C00guy's Happy Campers Guide for Low Level Campers

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C00guy's Happy Campers Guide for Low Level Campers

Post Count

Wink C00guy's Happy Campers Guide for Low Level Campers

I've been wanting to write this for a long time, so here it is!! This guide is for campers (especially low level campers) and I hope it's useful to all kinds of players (newbies and experienced folks)!

******* WHAT DOES CAMPING MEAN *********
    Camping means staying as low level as possible with the highest stats and IPH. It's very helpful because you ideally want to be the strongest player on your level (being able to rob/attack everyone else and fend off the most attacks/robs) + camping helps you get the most influence points in battle (because the higher the level of the rival you hit successfully, the more points you get).

******* THE GOLDEN CAMPER RULE *********
    The golden rule for every camper is simple: Maximize attack stats per XP. This means that you should do all such actions that result in gain the maximum attack stats per experience point (XP) gained. A good guide for picking events/other actions is that you should gain attack stats equal to at least 2 times your XP (unboosted, not including any syndicate or individual bonuses). Although, this number could change as the game progresses.

Why only attack stats, don't defense stats mean anything? They do, but attack stats are much more meaningful than defense stats because (a) more attack stats would get you much more IP (influence points) in battle than more defense stats because all good syndicates scout their targets, (b) attack stats make you much more competitive in lots of events while defense stats don't matter in these events (boss, brawl fight events)

******* CAMPING STRATEGIES *********

In general there are 2 camping strategies:

1. Super turtle: In this strategy, you start camping right from level 1. First, you need to move to a mafia size of 1 (no more). This would prevent you from winning any fights (and so, other rivals won't bump up your XP). Also, you'll find as you progress to levels higher than level 1, other rival players attack you more often than when you're on level 1. That's because the game teaches the players how to attack in level 2 I think, so level 1 camping is the easiest to prevent XP gain. Then you should start building your economy. Use the hood planner for the fastest way to build your IPH: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-Toy-Box-Added

More IPH would mean that you can buy the best cash weapons (especially vehicles that are much more expensive than the other weapons). Also, keep doing daily scratcher and getting those weapons. Don't do any jobs/events/attacks/robs but you can do Zero XP Syndicate Battles (more on that later). Super turtle is super boring and may not suit everyone's style/patience levels but it is the most effective camping strategy in Crime City. When you're bored and want to move on, max your mafia to 5 times your level and start doing boss events - ideally time your exit from super turtle during a boss event!

2. Normal turtle: In this strategy, you can max your mafia to 5 times your level. Keep building your IPH, doing daily scratchers, boss events and Zero XP Syndicate Battles. When you reach to level 10, you can start doing crate events and when you get to level 20, start doing LTB events. Normal turtle suits campers who aren't as patient to go for super turtle for months!

******* EVENTS FOR CAMPERS *********

Choose your events based on the golden rule for campers above. The guidelines mentioned below are valid today but the game may change quickly and events like LTQs may be worth doing for campers.

1. Crate Events: Min level for these events is level 10. These events have quickly surpassed boss events to become the camper's paradise!! Especially since the collect 10 events are now much easier to complete for free players. The most recent collect 10 events have been known to yield 20 or more times attack stats per XP!! Most effective strategy to collect crates is to either rob level 7 or below laundromats (1 XP each) or do a 1 XP job on Canal Street or East Side. I'd recommend don't collect more than 2-3 crates to open at a time, that way if you're not able to complete the event you don't end up wasting all that XP gained.

2. Boss Events: There is no minimum level for doing the boss The most recent boss event yielded about 2.5 attack stats per XP. Historically, the boss event has been the favorite event for campers and loads of campers like to boast about being a "boss killer", which means being able to complete the boss event without spending any gold.

I won't go into effective strategies for doing the boss events: The Billionaire's Guide explains it to perfection! To trigger boss events, my favorite ploy is to attack a rival that has much higher defense than your attack stats - you will lose, won't gain any XP and trigger the boss event.

Another key thing to consider is how far you want to go in the boss event. With the new format, there are special prizes after completing level 20, 30 and 50 bosses. It's best to use MT's Epic Boss Calculator to find out what's the max level boss you can complete and then decide how far you want to go in the event. For instance, let's say you can complete level 34 boss by the 13 hits strategy and there's a special prize on level 30 boss. Here it might make sense to stop at level 30 boss if the weighted average attack stats of the boss prizes (all categories: rare, uncommon, common) are say 100 because you'll realize level 31 boss gets you 160 XP. So, that's less than 1 attack stat per XP and going by the golden rule, stop at level 30!!

3. Limited Time Buildings (LTBs): The min level for these events is level 20. These are awesome events to build your stats if you've got a high IPH! Very little XP, huge stats gain!! As BigMoney would say, it's best you get your NCs to level 3 and then start participating in these events (upgrade the building as high as you can before time runs out).

4. Limited Time Quests (LTQs): The min level for LTQs varies between levels 25 and 40 depending on the maps used in the event. These events are the worst for campers. Huge XP and minimum stats gain. But, don't go by the title! Sometimes it makes sense for campers to go to level 1 or 2 of these LTQs, which going by recent events have only been about 20-30 XP for 100-120 attack stats. So, it's best to wait for someone to post the prizes on these events, calculate the stats per XP and then decide how far out you may want to go on these events.

5. Brawl fight events: These events don't have a min level. They reward players for winning a certain number of fights. Again, with these events its best to wait for the prizes to get listed on the forum and apply the golden rule. I take 8 XP per fight as a general rule of thumb. So say, you want at least 2 attack stats per XP, for 10 fights you're looking for a min 160 attack stats weapon to make it worthwhile to participate.

******* SYNDICATES FOR CAMPERS *********

There are 3 ways for campers to join a syndicate:

1. Freeloader campers: Campers can join top syndicates and just hit wall / PA DL for the team. Syndicates usually have a lower IP score requirement for campers anyway. But usually top 100 syndicates would be hesitant to take campers in unless they're at least 100k stats because then the last 2 hits (after wall or PA/DL) would then have a chance of finding some targets to attack. So campers below 100k could probably go for top 150-500 syndicates depending on stats

2. Zero XP battle syndicates: These are syndicates that exclusively have low level campers only, get easy matches (because of the low aggregate stats) and all members just hit walls/HQs. What's more these hits are zero XP, so it's a great way to get a stats boost for no XP gain at all!

For a wall hit you could get 20-30 IP and an HQ hit would be 40-60 IP depending on attack stats. Assuming 50 battles attended per member and 200 IP per battle per player for a 40 member syndicate, that's about 400k IP just hitting walls. So you can have a syndicate like that easily make top 750 every battle, even top 500 with some extra guild and IP bonuses. Anything beyond top 500 would need members to attack rivals

3. No battle syndicates: There are quite a few camper syndicates out there that don't participate in battles. I never really understood why that's the way they choose. But I think if you're not that active as a camper and are probably camping for the long haul (6+ months of camping for building your hood, daily scratchers and boss events), then probably this kind of syndicate works best because it doesn't need too much time commitment

I'd recommend campers to join a Zero XP battle syndicate until they're about 100k stats and then move onto being freeloaders. Unless of course you don't have much time to spend, in which case no battle syndicates are the way to go!

******* ROBBING FOR CAMPERS *********

Campers can rob rival hoods for either RP (respect points), cash or XP (why XP? we'll get to that later):

1. Robbing for cash: If you're looking to quickly raise your IPH or need some extra cash to upgrade those LTBs, the best way is to rob loads of money from very high IPH players but again cash per XP here would be key. As a rule of thumb, I'd prefer at least 30k cash per XP.

The best buildings to rob for cash are undeniably LTBs. They're all 2 XP rob buildings. Just as an example, for a tycoon with maxed out syndicate income bonuses (and no other income mods), a level 1 Chinese Pagoda would yield 66k cash for 2 XP, that's about 33k cash per XP. All the other LTBs (released till date) give much more cash per XP.

2. Robbing for RP (respect points): If you're looking to increase your stats by buying RP weapons, robbing for RP is the way to go. Again here, RP per XP would be a key metric to track. The most effective RP weapon is combat boots (assuming you haven't outfitted your mafia on armor weapons). Combat boots are 5 attack stats for 50 RP, thats 1 stat per 10 RP. If you go by the golden rule of at least 2 attack stats per XP, you'll probably need a ratio of 20 RP per XP. That's way over the top!!

In my opinion, it doesn't make sense for campers to rob for RP (unless you've got super RP mods that make it possible to get 20 RP per XP)

3. Robbing for XP: Why would you want to rob for XP?? Well, campers could do that if say they're well in range for a level up and need the extra hits for completing a boss level or in syndicate battles. You'd need to time the XP gain properly to get the level up before time runs out. The fastest way to rob for XP is to rob warehouses and meat factories

******* FARMING WEAPONS FOR CAMPERS *********
    Should you do jobs for farming weapons as a camper? In the past, a lot of campers would do jobs to farm high stat weapons, the most famous one being the M4A1. However, GREE replaced that weapon with the Rusty M4A1 and the attack stats per XP gained for farming weapons doesn't make sense any more. Unless this changes as the game progresses, there's no use farming weapons.

A recent LTQ design has made it interesting though. The Park Trafficking LTQ dropped special loot items for the jobs and those loot items stayed in the game during the time period of the LTQ. I remember an explosive with 13 attack stats available for 13 XP. That's just 1 attack stat per XP, not that great but hey, non-consumable explosives and vehicles are hard to find/buy so many campers would settle for that ratio for a non-consumable explosive in their inventory (remember syn and individual bonuses would boost the ratio up further).

Well, that's all folks!!!

I invite all critiques to question anything written above and also any campers who have any questions. I love trolls but this one time, I'd request them to post only serious critique/questions to make it easier for interested folks to read this thread. I might also be posting an FAQ if I get a lot of questions!

Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

Post Count
    *********** Reserved for future ***************

Post Count
    Briefly read through, but looks good. I'll do a more thorough review later. Only comment is, last I checked, it takes L10 to trigger the boss.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Consistent Contributor hawkeye_9's Avatar
    Post Count
    Nicely done. Thank you for putting this together. I will carefully consider this strategy as I slow down my style of play.

Hawkeye
    904 687 923

Proud Member of GR2 - emerging syndicate!

Syndicate Leader of Hamburg Ahoi! - 375 418 821 A free-players' syndicate

Post Count
    Great job with the camper guide. This will help a lot of people. Thanks!

Post Count
    Very good job with this strategy mate, I'm at a high level now and I was levelling up to quick so my plan now is just to rob hoods untill any lqt are on, or prehit building ready for it

Banned
    Post Count
    Nice guide, but I think the junkyard explosives are still there as I tried yesterday after the event to get em and I got some from the crushed cars

Post Count
    No battle syndicates: There are quite a few camper syndicates out there that don't participate in battles. I never really understood why that's the way they choose. But I think if you're not that active as a camper and are probably camping for the long haul (6+ months of camping for building your hood, daily scratchers and boss events), then probably this kind of syndicate works best because it doesn't need too much time commitment
    As a leader of no battle syndicate i might explain our reasons .

1) Most campers are low level so if we go in battle against powerful syndicate where most player 200K attack VS our members who have between 10-100K attack stats we would be easy targets .

2) We have vote every months and every months our member decline going war instead they perfer to war with another syndicate who are in top 100 .

3) If we go battle best place would top 1500 or below so it isn't worth the experience

4) Most of our camper IPH above 1-5 million who are no banker which means they lose over 3-10 million every war.

Consistent Contributor hawkeye_9's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by out of names View Post
    Nice guide, but I think the junkyard explosives are still there as I tried yesterday after the event to get em and I got some from the crushed cars
    This was my experience as well...this is (IMHO) better than paying for explosives that get consumed. Other items are still available...perhaps a new relevance to weapon farming?

Hawkeye
    904 687 923

Proud Member of GR2 - emerging syndicate!

Syndicate Leader of Hamburg Ahoi! - 375 418 821 A free-players' syndicate

Post Count
    Thanks Bala, really appreciate your inputs. I've got some comments of my own on them and would love to hear your thoughts! Comments are mentioned in green below:

Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post
    As a leader of no battle syndicate i might explain our reasons .

1) Most campers are low level so if we go in battle against powerful syndicate where most player 200K attack VS our members who have between 10-100K attack stats we would be easy targets . Firstly, syndicate matching is based on aggregate attack stats so it's quite unlikely that you'll find 200k attack targets. My syndicate Happy Campers Club got pretty easy targets and places top 750 every battle. Secondly, if you're a zero XP battle syndicate, it doesn't really matter what stats your targets are coz you just have to hit walls/HQs

2) We have vote every months and every months our member decline going war instead they perfer to war with another syndicate who are in top 100 Hmm, I'd be surprised if top 100 syndicates accept sub-100k stats campers. Maybe they would do that as a favor to friends but I don't see that too often

3) If we go battle best place would top 1500 or below so it isn't worth the experience It's pretty easy to rank top 750 as a zero XP battle syndicate. Read my post above - it has the math for 400k IP for a 40 member team by just hitting walls/HQs

4) Most of our camper IPH above 1-5 million who are no banker which means they lose over 3-10 million every war. That's a valid point, but I think most campers would prefer stats over IPH any day. I could be wrong though

Post Count
    Firstly, syndicate matching is based on aggregate attack stats so it's quite unlikely that you'll find 200k attack targets. My syndicate Happy Campers Club got pretty easy targets and places top 750 every battle. Secondly, if you're a zero XP battle syndicate, it doesn't really matter what stats your targets are coz you just have to hit walls/HQs
    You expect me to trust Gree Syndicate matching system with the amount of bugs in the game ?. unless i am mistaken you get low IP on hitting wall it's actually winning attacking the other synicate members indiuvually that get you more IP ?

Hmm, I'd be surprised if top 100 syndicates accept sub-100k stats campers. Maybe they would do that as a favor to friends but I don't see that too often
    You have a point most ex member have moved to NGF who are in top 500?

It's pretty easy to rank top 750 as a zero XP battle syndicate. Read my post above - it has the math for 400k IP for a 40 member team by just hitting walls/HQs
    Problem with that is getting all 40 member do that i can't make my member partipate in war . They have a choice.

Post Count
    Thanks Bala! Nice to hear your thoughts

On your comment on influence points - Yes, attacking does give more IP but it's also more XP. My point was simply that an active wall/HQ hitting syndicate of 40 members can place top 750 pretty easily. But I understand your view on not all of them being active in war and given a choice.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Bookmark.....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    nicely written

Post Count
    Nice guide.