View Poll Results: Does gold make you a good strategy game player?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a necessary tool, and you are a fool not to spend as much as you can.

5 11.63%
  • No, it's a crutch for people who lack problem solving skills.

38 88.37%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thumbs down Gold players = Good players?

Is anyone else sick of hearing that someone is a "good player" because they drop 5 vaults every war?

I am.

Strategy, planning, and execution makes you good at a game. Blindly tapping reload doesn't.

Calling someone who spends $500USD+ per battle "good at the game" is like calling the kid, who's parents bought him a new pair of Air Max 95's, the best baller on the basketball court.

You know who you are.

All the strategy, execution and planning will not overcome 5 vaults. Period.

You can be a good player or a lazy player, it doesn't matter, as long as you buy 5 vaults. Therefore, the question can't be answered.

i have 43 years.

many on top are adult i think...not kids with the credit card of parents.

“An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Two Toes View Post
    Is anyone else sick of hearing that someone is a "good player" because they drop 5 vaults every war?

I am.

Strategy, planning, and execution makes you good at a game. Blindly tapping reload doesn't.

Calling someone who spends $500USD+ per battle "good at the game" is like calling the kid, who's parents bought him a new pair of Air Max 95's, the best baller on the basketball court.

You know who you are.
    Well, you can be really good at the game and be a free player, but I guess your stats probably won't catch up with those who do drop 5 vaults on this game.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

You're operating under the mistaken premise that this game requires "skill." It doesn't. There are no goals. No one wins. There is no ranking system. Whatever your personal goals are, they can be achieved with either time or money. One or the other. Don't complain when other people play the game differently than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    You're operating under the mistaken premise that this game requires "skill." It doesn't. There are no goals. No one wins. There is no ranking system. Whatever your personal goals are, they can be achieved with either time or money. One or the other. Don't complain when other people play the game differently than you.
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right... sorry but you are

Using gold has made me a lazy player. Why bother grinding out a boss or crate event when you can brute force it.

I know many gold spenders that are extremely methodical and know how to get the most out of each good bar. That can be as challenging as deciding to camp like a Boy Scout.

When you get your gold one app download from tapjoy at a time, you use it efficiently. Best gold I ever spent was for my "no indians" teepee, though.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

This and other freemium games are designed for encouraging ever increasing $ spend. Nature of the beast.

Gold players have a definite leg up. With the recent changes to the game, that's even more so.

No amount of strategy or planning can make up for gold spend. Period. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I am.

You know who you are.

Your question is irrelevant. A Level 30 can get in with a good group for a war or 2 and have fantastic stats, then join a crappy syndicate where there's IP bonuses and they can score 50k with ease for free. Is that a good player?
    If I had a dollar for how many brains you didn't have, I'd have 1 dollar.

Me. I think it's okay to spend money on the game, but it doesn't make you a good player.

You're operating under the mistaken premise that this game requires "skill." It doesn't.
    If that's the case, we can all stop posting tutorials, tips, and guides; and probably disband this forum altogether.

Don't complain when other people play the game differently than you.
    You're usually on-point, Dippy, but I think you've missed the mark this time. I honestly don't care if small minorities of people use tons of gold, glitches or even downright cheat to give themselves a leg up. It doesn't affect my game that much, and there is nothing to complain about.

I do, however, get annoyed when people refer to the biggest spenders the best players, though.

Can we agree to call them privileged instead of good?

If that's the case, we can all stop posting tutorials, tips, and guides
    Yep. I've never bothered with them. "How to 13 hit a boss" is about all you need to know.

I'm not missing the point, I'm making a new one. You're annoyed that people measure "skill" by RM spent. I'm saying "skill" is not a part of this game. Don't bother arguing about it in the first place, and then you don't need a metric.
    Still mad at Bostick.

If that's the case, we can all stop posting tutorials, tips, and guides; and probably disband this forum altogether.

You're usually on-point, Dippy, but I think you've missed the mark this time. I honestly don't care if small minorities of people use tons of gold, glitches or even downright cheat to give themselves a leg up. It doesn't affect my game that much, and there is nothing to complain about.

I do, however, get annoyed when people refer to the biggest spenders the best players, though.

Can we agree to call them privileged instead of good?
    Wasnt you complaining about BAN cheater the other day?

Tommy Two Toes = Montecore

Quote Originally Posted by Ragmondino View Post
    Wasnt you complaining about BAN cheater the other day?