war rankings - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: war rankings

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pendentive View Post
    50k is not enough of a buffer for a top 100 spot. Now you know.

50k is barely enough of a buffer for top 300 rank. You should have had more like 100k. And for top 50, you'd need 200k.

Think of it this way. Let's say you're in spot #100. All the guilds with 50-100k below you are having **their** guild meeting and trying to decide if they can overtake your spot.

So, if you only have a 50k buffer over #100, you suddenly drop off the list.

Happens a lot more than you think.

Happened to a Top 10 team last war and I'm pretty sure they spent a heckuva lot more in the last few hours.

So, I know you do get it....but consider it 'lesson learned' and plan on investing more to guarantee a win.

It's pay-to-play in KA
    if you want to be elite.
    Thank you for your very kind input and words of advice. Its unfortunate you've completely missed the point I was trying make with my guilds story though. Maybe you could read again?

I spent a long time typing a reply to you, then I thought, oh well if you don't get it, you don't get it, why waste my time!
    ALWAYS RECRUITING PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS!

KINGDOM AGE - The People's Front of Judea - Guild invite code:- 337598906
    War rankings:- none of your business
    Contact me in game:- Shluggy 844-438-529

LEGENDS AT WAR - Red Dawn Elite - Guild invite code:- 531659486
    War rankings:- top something or other
    Contact me in game:- Castiel 507-004-554

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pendentive View Post
    Happened to a Top 10 team last war and I'm pretty sure they spent a heckuva lot more in the last few hours.
    For real. KTA had a nice cushion until 3-4 teams scored in the million range in the last battle.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shluggy View Post
    Thank you for your very kind input and words of advice. Its unfortunate you've completely missed the point I was trying make with my guilds story though. Maybe you could read again?

I spent a long time typing a reply to you, then I thought, oh well if you don't get it, you don't get it, why waste my time!
    Don't feel bad. We scored 630k cp in our last battle for a final push for top 25 and ended up probably 26th (13k short)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shluggy View Post

I think you're missing the point of the post you originally replied to and the subsequent reply to your post.

If you are uncertain of your guilds current standing within a tier (which is the current state of the game), you are forced to spend excessively in order to SECURE that spot in that tier. Otherwise, you risk getting overrun because the leaderboard freezes in that last hour so you have no clue what the other guilds are doing. This uncertainty forces you to spend more than you normally would want for peace of mind.

If they programmed it so you had an exact location within the rankings (or more importantly, the status of those on your tail), it would be much easier to determine how much you needed to spend, which equals less money for GREE.

In one MW battle, there were about six-eight guild who spent like crazy in the last few hours to maintain a top 25 position because the 25th place team kept changing. It gave everyone the impression that the 26th place team kept moving into the top 25 and bumping a team out. So all teams that were close to that 25th spot started spending like crazy. Once the dust settled, it turns out the 23rd, 24th, and 25th place teams were rotating positions and the 26th place team was over 1.2M points away. So basically, teams 15-25 dumped a million points worth of gems due to uncertainty - win for GREE.

But that's why they do it.

If after that explanation, I too am missing your point, perhaps you could reword or expound, because I'm getting the same thing from you as the others are.

KA ally code - 583-237-638

MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    Don't feel bad. We scored 630k cp in our last battle for a final push for top 25 and ended up probably 26th (13k short)
    That's rough!! Oh we don't feel bad about not making the top 100. It's not too much about the ranking, it's truly about how we get there and the friends we make along the way. It's a problem I have with Gree, their muck ups and their programming.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjctnorris View Post
    I think you're missing the point of the post you originally replied to and the subsequent reply to your post.

If you are uncertain of your guilds current standing within a tier (which is the current state of the game), you are forced to spend excessively in order to SECURE that spot in that tier. Otherwise, you risk getting overrun because the leaderboard freezes in that last hour so you have no clue what the other guilds are doing. This uncertainty forces you to spend more than you normally would want for peace of mind.

If they programmed it so you had an exact location within the rankings (or more importantly, the status of those on your tail), it would be much easier to determine how much you needed to spend, which equals less money for GREE.

In one MW battle, there were about six-eight guild who spent like crazy in the last few hours to maintain a top 25 position because the 25th place team kept changing. It gave everyone the impression that the 26th place team kept moving into the top 25 and bumping a team out. So all teams that were close to that 25th spot started spending like crazy. Once the dust settled, it turns out the 23rd, 24th, and 25th place teams were rotating positions and the 26th place team was over 1.2M points away. So basically, teams 15-25 dumped a million points worth of gems due to uncertainty - win for GREE.

But that's why they do it.

If after that explanation, I too am missing your point, perhaps you could reword or expound, because I'm getting the same thing from you as the others are.
    Maybe I did, if I got it wrong then I apologise but if their point was what I thought it was, and that if they put a more accurate ranking system into the game at war time then we would be more inclined to use less gems, then I just gave our story to elaborate on the fact that for us having that uncertainty made us spend more not less.
    My point is not at all the story of our guild in the last war, just an example or elaboration, the point is how Gree work very hard to make people spend more gems. I put my point for the whole story at the end of the posting, which was this:-
    We were VERY safe inside top 150 anyway but Gree, in essence, pushed us into trying for the next fix. Think Gree will refund all the gems we spent over the last 2 hours because their programming is rubbish on the leaders tab? (Hahaha I'm laughing so much whilst typing that sentence). Se la vie, on to the next ltq!
    Had I just typed that someone would have wanted to know what I meant.
    If you agree that Gree try hard to make people spend more gems, then that's it right? End of discussion. If you don't agree and think Gree are fair in everything they do (and please don't start with the whole You're not forced to buy gems thing) then that's what we should be discussing here not my guilds ranking etc. as that wasn't my point in the first place.

Post Count
    In that case, you are all saying the same thing. Just a big misunderstanding.

KA ally code - 583-237-638

MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*

Post Count
    That's what this discussion is all about :-) The only thing I was debating was the fact that it worked the opposite way for us. We are all in agreement here on the big picture, just discussing the fact. Isn't that part of what a forum is for? Discussing things with like minded people. I'm glad I got my point across in the end, sometimes I can waffle and go off topic lol. All's well that ends well :-)

Post Count
    hmm not bad i should be a bookie
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040