GoTTis still on leader board?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GoTTis still on leader board?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

GoTTis still on leader board?

Interesting, the GoTTis who were unmasked as alleged cheaters by Big Money's excellent analysis are still on the PvP leader board. Does Gree really care about fixing the cheater issue beyond cosmetic fixes in the most obvious cases?

The solution is simple - ban individual cheaters and suspend/ban syndicates that harbor & benefit from them.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Amen Lurker. I'm just as surprised as you were. WHats more is those exact players mentioned by Big Money are robbing the piss out of me every hour because I said anything about them hacking. Thanks Gree. Keep letting them cheat and get away with it. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Interesting, the GoTTis who were unmasked as alleged cheaters by Big Money's excellent analysis are still on the PvP leader board. Does Gree really care about fixing the cheater issue beyond cosmetic fixes in the most obvious cases?

The solution is simple - ban individual cheaters and suspend/ban syndicates that harbor & benefit from them.

Goodfellas: Respected and Protected

Post Count
    They are not all cheaters, but the following players shouldn't be scoring points, as far as I can personally tell:
    -WiZpRo-GoTTi
    -H8erhUrTa GoTTi
    -Mr. B O_o GoTTi
    -T PAIN GoTTi
    -JON GoTTi

The last one is my fault, I didn't report him and document his hood when I first encountered him, but he's an obvious time-traveler. I can't find him again, probably because he's camping at the 170s.

The following GoTTis do not have suspicious inventories/hoods, as far as I can tell:
    -KiLLer GoTTi (though this guy is pretty fun to poke, check my wall)
    -ARN GoTTi
    -NoMAD GoTTi
    -SDF GoTTi's
    -Hawk GoTTi

The hilariously low bar seems to be "if stats > 300k; then likely cheater" or "if stats < 300k; likely clean."

I've hit far more GoTTis than this, these are just the ones I saw listed on that leaderboard page. I guess they have 2-3 syndicates.

Banned
    Post Count
    They are ignoring cheating, and pretending they have fixed the glitches by putting up announcements about all the great things they have done for the game.

Typical GREE.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    GREE, ban the GoTTi's. What is taking so long???

Post Count
    My ticket is "Being processed."

Banned
    Post Count
    Mine was closed and labeled "solved"

Banned
    Post Count
    Long winded posts are in violation of the forum guidelines. Enjoy your ban.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    They are not all cheaters, but the following players shouldn't be scoring points, as far as I can personally tell:
    -WiZpRo-GoTTi
    -H8erhUrTa GoTTi
    -Mr. B O_o GoTTi
    -T PAIN GoTTi
    -JON GoTTi

The last one is my fault, I didn't report him and document his hood when I first encountered him, but he's an obvious time-traveler. I can't find him again, probably because he's camping at the 170s.

The following GoTTis do not have suspicious inventories/hoods, as far as I can tell:
    -ARN GoTTi
    -NoMAD GoTTi
    -SDF GoTTi's
    -Hawk GoTTi

The hilariously low bar seems to be "if stats > 300k; then likely cheater" or "if stats < 300k; likely clean."

I've hit far more GoTTis than this, these are just the ones I saw listed on that leaderboard page. I guess they have 2-3 syndicates.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    -WiZpRo-GoTTi
    -H8erhUrTa GoTTi
    -Mr. B O_o GoTTi
    -T PAIN GoTTi
    -JON GoTTi

-ARN GoTTi
    -NoMAD GoTTi
    -SDF GoTTi's
    -Hawk GoTTi

i have seen Mr. BO_o GoTTi, H8erHurta GoTTi, wizpro GoTTi, and a few others. My ticket is "closed"

Post Count
    Thanks folks for the reports. I won't go too much into details, but actions were taken and the staff are still investigating reports.

Please note just because your ticket is closed does not mean no action was taken on it. You do get a response and the report/issue is documented. All cheat reports are fully looked into and if you haven't noticed, support has been letting folks know if their report leads to a ban etc from what I've seen.

We greatly appreciate folks reports and hope everyone keeps it up!

~Sirius

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    All cheat reports are fully looked into and if you haven't noticed, support has been letting folks know if their report leads to a ban etc from what I've seen.

~Sirius
    Edit: I suppose it is against the rules to share a reply to a ticket, but the point I was trying to make was that all of my tickets have received almost identical "Thank you for contacting us, we do not discuss results of our investigations, etc" responses despite being all from different Support members.

But I would love for them to tell us when a player is banned, though.
    Last edited by BigMoney; 07-27-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Thanks folks for the reports. I won't go too much into details, but actions were taken and the staff are still investigating reports.

Please note just because your ticket is closed does not mean no action was taken on it. You do get a response and the report/issue is documented. All cheat reports are fully looked into and if you haven't noticed, support has been letting folks know if their report leads to a ban etc from what I've seen.

~Sirius
    I have not experienced any useful replies, or indications of the players reported being banned. In fact, the only place I have seen this claim of a new policy is in this forum. Definitely not in the support ticket replies, when they are even sent.

Lurker
    Post Count
    All cheat reports are fully looked into and if you haven't noticed, support has been letting folks know if their report leads to a ban etc from what I've seen.
    Usually I'm being told that the results of the investigations or details of the actions taken are not being shared. And after checking those players again they still seem to be playing.

But beside that it, shouldn't be necessary to report obvious cheaters. It shouldn't be really hard to do some checks on the databases with players, items and buildings, and find all the obvious cheaters.

Banned
    Post Count

~Sirius
    Good to hear. I am a little surprised to hear you can cheat in this game. Hopefully the loop holes get closed quickly.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Simius View Post
    Usually I'm being told that the results of the investigations or details of the actions taken are not being shared. And after checking those players again they still seem to be playing.

But beside that it, shouldn't be necessary to report obvious cheaters. It shouldn't be really hard to do some checks on the databases with players, items and buildings, and find all the obvious cheaters.
    YES. Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

- Cumulative total of upgrade hours sums up to longer than the player has been playing (minus gold spent on upgrades, of course)
    - Cumulative total of in-game cash purchases (building upgrades + cash weapons) sums up to an infeasible total given players IPH and amount player pulls in from robs (minus cash vaults purchased, etc)
    - Cumulative RP spent on RP items sums to ridiculous number

The last one is harder to find a hard and fast rule for-- I have over 70k fights and robs combined (70,558), but I have 199,895 RP worth of items (a lot of these I didn't purchase, but came from Thug Life/Hardcore Hitman/etc goals), and 1,090,887 RP saved for a total of 1,290,782 RP in my game's lifetime-- that averages out to be about 18.3 RP per attack or rob. I have a lot of nice RP modifiers (+3/6 RP to fights/robs, +110% RP to fights, etc), but the bulk of that comes from event goals/prizes/etc. For example, the Syndicate Showdown fight goals award over 50k RP for ~5000 fights, I've done nearly LTQ which gives a ton of RP each, etc.

But anyway, the people I've been reporting for RP hacking average hundreds of RP per attack, far greater than, say 20RP/per attack.