GoTTis still on leader board? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GoTTis still on leader board?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Thanks folks for the reports. I won't go too much into details, but actions were taken and the staff are still investigating reports.

Please note just because your ticket is closed does not mean no action was taken on it. You do get a response and the report/issue is documented. All cheat reports are fully looked into and if you haven't noticed, support has been letting folks know if their report leads to a ban etc from what I've seen.

We greatly appreciate folks reports and hope everyone keeps it up!

~Sirius
    Thanks for the communication, those GoTTi's should get banned and their syndicate gone, and all their syndicate prizes taken away (only for the hackers)

Banned
    Post Count
    Damn. I don't think that GoTTi tag will be around much longer with this kind of attention to it!!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by (CCK) Cam View Post
    Thanks for the communication, those GoTTi's should get banned and their syndicate gone, and all their syndicate prizes taken away (only for the hackers)
    Still not fair to profit off others' cheating, though. If cash hackers purchased all their bonuses, would they still have made the top 25 without that +25% IP bonus? Probably not. Even if GREE removes though verified cheaters' IP scores from last war, it won't help any of the teams that lost attacks to GoTTi cheaters with falsely inflated stats, it won't help any of the players who lost to GoTTi players whose stats are higher than they should have been due to ill-gotten bonuses, etc. I suspect at most the cheaters get banned and (hopefully) their IP scores from last war are nullified, but I doubt they will go further, even though I doubt the cheating is more widespread in that syndicate than a couple of isolated incidents. I wish I could see all their inventories, but I can't-- but I doubt I found them all.

I could forgive a syndicate that had unknowingly had a cheater, and I Would likely accept that they didn't do their due diligence in vetting their player-- but when you have 5+ cheaters, including on of the syndicate's leaders (de facto if not otherwise), it's hardly a matter of "they didn't know they were cheating."

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_brein View Post
    Damn. I don't think that GoTTi tag will be around much longer with this kind of attention to it!!!
    Won't be hard to find the new syndicate that complains about "pLaYa HaTaS" or whatever.

Lurker
    Post Count

Going to top 150

U have been headhunted by L. C. F 102-984-071. We placed 401 in last battle and are 60 active members strong. Our faction is team focused & has a growing list of bonuses for Att, Def & Income.We have spent over 500 billion on our bonuses you won't be disappointed. Your stats make you an ideal candidate so join us!

Banned
    Post Count
    It's certainly a lot of work to balance the universe. A cheating syndicate causes a lot of ripples. Bans for the obvious cheaters, but also how about disbanding the syndicate altogether. My syndicate placed exactly 250th. There'd be some serious hell to pay if we landed on 251.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigc5203 View Post
    U have been headhunted by L. C. F 102-984-071. We placed 401 in last battle and are 60 active members strong. Our faction is team focused & has a growing list of bonuses for Att, Def & Income.We have spent over 500 billion on our bonuses you won't be disappointed. Your stats make you an ideal candidate so join us!
    Top 500 with 500 billion in bonuses? Aight bud, this may not have been the best thread to say that in!!!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    Still not fair to profit off others' cheating, though. If cash hackers purchased all their bonuses, would they still have made the top 25 without that +25% IP bonus? Probably not. Even if GREE removes though verified cheaters' IP scores from last war, it won't help any of the teams that lost attacks to GoTTi cheaters with falsely inflated stats, it won't help any of the players who lost to GoTTi players whose stats are higher than they should have been due to ill-gotten bonuses, etc. I suspect at most the cheaters get banned and (hopefully) their IP scores from last war are nullified, but I doubt they will go further, even though I doubt the cheating is more widespread in that syndicate than a couple of isolated incidents. I wish I could see all their inventories, but I can't-- but I doubt I found them all.

I could forgive a syndicate that had unknowingly had a cheater, and I Would likely accept that they didn't do their due diligence in vetting their player-- but when you have 5+ cheaters, including on of the syndicate's leaders (de facto if not otherwise), it's hardly a matter of "they didn't know they were cheating."
    i hope the syndicates ranked 26th, 51st, and others receive their prize. i would think thats fair.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    way to investigate big money!!! keep up the good work!

Post Count
    YES. Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

- Cumulative total of upgrade hours sums up to longer than the player has been playing (minus gold spent on upgrades, of course)
    - Cumulative total of in-game cash purchases (building upgrades + cash weapons) sums up to an infeasible total given players IPH and amount player pulls in from robs (minus cash vaults purchased, etc)
    - Cumulative RP spent on RP items sums to ridiculous number
    And what you have suggested, Big Money, is not difficult to come up with... A high school student could easily figure out the ways you have listed above to find cheaters... So the fact the DEVELOPERS of the game can't/don't do that is a problem to me. Last battle we came in 51st (I was in Dosees at the time)... We lost out by less than 16,000 IP, so you are all absolutely correct when you say you'd be really really upset to place there... We were! We had at least a dozen ppl dropping multiple vaults, and one guy scoring nearly 600k IP, and to find out that we missed our item by that little and there are such obvious cheaters is a huge problem. It is incredibly simple math.

I have built my character to over 400k stats, and my IPH is still less than $1,000,000. The only way I was able to do that was to spend tons of money on gold, we all know this. It undermines the REAL MONEY we have all paid when cheating is allowed. Who cares if a cheater buys 10 vaults a month... If you cheat, you should be banned forever, device blocked and all (if that's even possible). There should be a thread where GREE proves to us what is done with cheaters... There should be no privacy policy when it comes to sharing these decisions. If someone accused me of being a cheater, I would be happy for the admins to post a message proving I have spent gold every step of the way to earn my items and make my player. There seems to be too much forgiveness for people who are knowingly cheating... No one who cheats goes, "whoops, I didn't know I was cheating..." It is a conscious thought one makes to start cheating in life, at work, or in a game.

Sorry for such a long post, just really frustrated to finish 51, and see this thread come up.

PS. I have also submitted tickets of people with more than 2 standard buildings of the same type (has to be the MOST obvious cheater?) and I got ZERO response of what action was taken. Before you say you guys do something Sirius, you should be sure it's actually being done consistently.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD View Post
    And what you have suggested, Big Money, is not difficult to come up with... A high school student could easily figure out the ways you have listed above to find cheaters... So the fact the DEVELOPERS of the game can't/don't do that is a problem to me. Last battle we came in 51st (I was in Dosees at the time)... We lost out by less than 16,000 IP, so you are all absolutely correct when you say you'd be really really upset to place there... We were! We had at least a dozen ppl dropping multiple vaults, and one guy scoring nearly 600k IP, and to find out that we missed our item by that little and there are such obvious cheaters is a huge problem.

Based on the tiers in the Gold Bonus program, I know there are ppl spending WAY more than me on this game so other probably have a right to be more upset than I am, but spending a grand a month, should be enough to warrant that you ACTIVELY run checks like Big Money has suggested. It is incredibly simple math.

I have built my character to over 400k stats, and my IPH is still less than $1,000,000. The only way I was able to do that was to spend tons of money on gold, we all know this. It undermines the REAL MONEY we have all paid when cheating is allowed. Who cares if a cheater buys 10 vaults a month... If you cheat, you should be banned forever, device blocked and all (if that's even possible). There should be a thread where GREE proves to us what is done with cheaters... There should be no privacy policy when it comes to sharing these decisions. If someone accused me of being a cheater, I would be happy for the admins to post a message proving I have spent gold every step of the way to earn my items and make my player. There seems to be too much forgiveness for people who are knowingly cheating... No one who cheats goes, "whoops, I didn't know I was cheating..." It is a conscious thought one makes to start cheating in life, at work, or in a game.

Sorry for such a long post, just really frustrated to finish 51, and see this thread come up.

PS. I have also submitted tickets of people with more than 2 standard buildings of the same type (has to be the MOST obvious cheater?) and I got ZERO response of what action was taken. Before you say you guys do something Sirius, you should be sure it's actually being done consistently.
    okay... TL;DR

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD View Post
    I believe this is less of a glitch and more of a mistake on GREE's part. I've asked people who have 3+ of one type of building how they did it, and it's usually something along the lines of "I accidentally deleted ___, so I sent in a ticket, waited a long time and eventually decided to build another one, and then GREE decided to answer my ticket and restore my old building" giving them 3 or more of the same building.

Banned
    Post Count
    I believe this is less of a glitch and more of a mistake on GREE's part. I've asked people who have 3+ of one type of building how they did it, and it's usually something along the lines of "I accidentally deleted ___, so I sent in a ticket, waited a long time and eventually decided to build another one, and then GREE decided to answer my ticket and restore my old building" giving them 3 or more of the same building.
    So I should stop hounding this guy?

Banned
    Post Count
    Does anyone think it's legit to have:

25 letter bombs ? (gold item 300),
    49 street cleaners (can't even find it in CrimeCityItemsWiki) explosive 94/63,
    7 boom boxes 297/199,
    9 fusion grenades,
    10 financial crisis,
    8 TNT blaster bomb (749/431),
    25 shaken & stired (122/100),
    15 scrapper bombs (140/63),
    5 Nerve gas (171/256),
    13 tactical grenades (101/68),
    16 surplus grenade (159/106),
    5 great barrels of fire (325/267),
    4 2bombs 1blast (272/182) .. well I could go one .. but whats the point

I think Ios hackers are getting smarter & smarter and since it seems the GoTTi's are the leading fraction using this way it's getting harder and harder to figure out the HOW TO TELL. I'm no hacker, but I guess getting more then 1 or (fluke)2 of an items only handed out once .. or only handed out to 1 single players is STUPID! Some I've seen recently get the good high end prizes of the LTQ's that have been running .. but looking closer they do not HAVE the early level prizes .. so In the near future they are getting those as well so they are not under suspicion.

IT IS TIME - for an automated inventory bot - starting date of account coupled to a max possible inventory list. I think they are going to find LOADS more hackers .. and some might be just around the corner in your own SYN !! Smart hackers have evaded detection for now, but can't for long .. patience, we WILL be playing clean CC someday!

Ofcourse there are Always the Obvious ways:
    1- more time upgrading then time spend in the game.
    2- lower level then your loot items will give you on XP.
    3- more respect items then possible respect earned.
    4- more $$ spend on items and buildings then reasonably could have been collected and robbed.
    5- having high end prizes, without having the low level ones.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jopdermod View Post
    Does anyone think it's legit to have:

25 letter bombs ? (gold item 300),
    49 street cleaners (can't even find it in CrimeCityItemsWiki) explosive 94/63,
    7 boom boxes 297/199,
    9 fusion grenades,
    10 financial crisis,
    8 TNT blaster bomb (749/431),
    25 shaken & stired (122/100),
    15 scrapper bombs (140/63),
    5 Nerve gas (171/256),
    13 tactical grenades (101/68),
    16 surplus grenade (159/106),
    5 great barrels of fire (325/267),
    4 2bombs 1blast (272/182) .. well I could go one .. but whats the point
    These are all (as far as I can remember) crate items and limited edition gold items. Nothing suspicious about this. I'd have more faith in GREE to find a gold hacker than a cash/RP/item hacker.