Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    oh i used fusion stone to get the big4 armors too ... i thought it would be good to level it to 15 so i can craft +version straight away.

is this really a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon2599 View Post
    oh i used fusion stone to get the big4 armors too ... i thought it would be good to level it to 15 so i can craft +version straight away.

is this really a mistake?
    In terms of saving time and effort in collecting twice the materials it's worth it. But in terms of saving Gold for making Training Fields, it's not worth it, especially since you'll exhaust your resources early game Fusing to get them and won't have much gold to enhance them too.

You want to know my mistake!!???!??! It was installing this game on my phone.....

Haha well okay sigh* maybe not that funny =P
    Co-Founder of the Majestic Guilds on Android, Retired I no longer play.

Treat everyone with respect and you shall get it in return. If you share your time and money with other people, those same people will aspire to become you or give you praise and try their best. I personally thank all the players who play this game...I salute you!

The one and only LvL 100+Vader with 65/65 achievements on android...

Luckily I've had no major mistakes other than maxing wrong armors early on like lighting lord and flame storm finery... Also I'm totally addicted to this silly game
    Lord Ash - Lvl 340+
    22 Maxed Epics: Cloudrange Platemail, Blazeborne Vanguard, Forgestone Aegis,
    Tectonic Mantle, Maelstrom Irons, Soulshard Nercomantle,
    Armor of the Devoted, Blazestone Mantle, Kerstman's Shroud,
    Runic Robes, Aegis of Sky Majesty, Hellfire Platemail
    Snowstorm Platemail, Sandstorm Platemail, Centurion Aegis, Odins Call, Arcane Mantle, Heroic+
    Guild Sentinel of the MUGGLES
    Proud Retired Member of original The Untouchables

not reading the forum and knowing about the big four earlier

My biggest mistake was farming the materials, crafting and leveling my swamp shaman + to 70. So much wasted effort.

At least the farming was good for a few levels...

unsure

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO_07 View Post
    In terms of saving time and effort in collecting twice the materials it's worth it. But in terms of saving Gold for making Training Fields, it's not worth it, especially since you'll exhaust your resources early game Fusing to get them and won't have much gold to enhance them too.
    Unsure about that: it's far cheaper to level a pair of basic/monos to 30, there's fusion stones to spare, and the fusions to the non-plus versions are pretty reliable.

The armors at 30 fantastically increased my levelling and also farm rate (snakeskin); only gotcha I found was I had to toss a stupid enhance at it to get the game to recognize that I already had the normal version above 15.

I guess with me between levelling and enhancing other armors, I didn't get my LF+ going till around level 60; and until then the normal LF at 30 was a saving grace especially getting through Faerie Forest as I didn't have Hydra levelled at that time.

Think if I had to do it all again I'd immediately raise the requisite 8 basic/monos to 30, then fuse to normal versions of the Big 4. Maybe once I reach end-game and don't have as much in game to spend time on, I may try a few starter strategies just to see, but from my own experience, I think this'll provide faster progression through the game than not... though 10ish gimp runs a day with higher level friends likely could've accomplished the same thing, but I prefer chasing the epic boss anyway.

My own biggest mistake: unquestionably not finding this forum earlier... that was the reason for all of my other mistakes in game . Spending an earth fusion boost on a Flowstone normal; levelling any of the hack 2 star armor pieces I got, not figuring out the power of Snakeskin and paying way too much for what levelling I did do, meh, point made: I am a recovering idiot.
    Last edited by Revelate; 07-28-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
    ...there's fusion stones to spare...
    Not once you get a bit further in the game and need to level legendary armors to max as quickly and cheaply as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by topcopper View Post
    My biggest mistake was farming the materials, crafting and leveling my swamp shaman + to 70. So much wasted effort.

At least the farming was good for a few levels...

why ist it not worth it??? im maxing it atm?!

fusion stone value

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    Not once you get a bit further in the game and need to level legendary armors to max as quickly and cheaply as possible.
    Agreed, but there's a non-trivial amount of time grinding dungeon bosses before worrying about legendary armors. I'm levelling my first 3 star at 69, and it's a transitional/secondary SS+ when talking end-game.

It's a month to level to 100 or so if playing well and consistently; it's a while beyond that to hit epic 43 where maximizing legendaries is mandatory and fusion stones are all but required to do so time-effectively. 4 additional fusion stones isn't going to make or break anything, I earn more than that a day simply leveling so I tend to think that cost is somewhat trivial in the long run, as compared to making 1-50 or higher (facilitates transition into the plus versions of Big 4 too) simple and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Majingear View Post
    I didn't realize at the time that 3 and 4 star armors cost the same to level. I would rather have invested in a boss armor. The armor may be worth it to some. I just regret the waste.

Quote Originally Posted by topcopper View Post
    I didn't realize at the time that 3 and 4 star armors cost the same to level. I would rather have invested in a boss armor. The armor may be worth it to some. I just regret the waste.
    Stars don't mean a thing. Max stats do.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

I never made any catastrophic errors, but I have made 2 of note:

1) Levelling Monk Vestments to level 10 or so thinking it was good.
    2) Accidentally using my AA+ lvl 20-30 armour as a fusion armour. Oh well.

Another is wasting a handful of fusion stones on really dumb fusions for no real purpose.

I think I'm doing ok with respect to efficiency now though.

1. Leveling a normal AA up to level 45.

2. Maxing spectral captain plus

3. crafting some normal boss armor before I was able to defeat the boss enough times to craft a plus version

4. wasting gems on level 3 guard tower, tavern and monster nest before realizing the power of the training field.

5. I had crafted a normal Mantle of the beast, but hadn't yet leveled it to 35 (I had ignored it while doing Jian). One day, I saw that I had 100/50 of MoB parts and forgetting that with my first level 60 boss defeat, I'd have enough mats to make a third armor set, and forgetting that I had already crafted a normal MoB that I just hadn't leveled, I pushed the craft button to make another normal MoB armor set. I quickly went to level the normal MoB armor I already had, thinking maybe if I leveled it to 35 before the second armor set finished crafting, it would automatically turn into a plus version. Nope. Fortunately though, I did have enough mats to craft the third set, which now was a plus version.

6. Telling my daughter to try fusing the armor fusion boosts together to try for SG, which she did getting wind monarch.

Quote Originally Posted by Majingear View Post
    The more recent boss armors are better than the Swamp Shaman, but it is still useful. If you are able to craft the + version of any of the recent boss armors, that would be a better choice. If you havent gotten that far, Swamp Shaman is pretty nice. It was my first maxed lvl 70 armor, and it has helped me get Jian +, which has been pretty solid. I still use it frequently, based on matchups.