DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gold bank

Post Count

great

Good idea !!!

Post Count

Gold Bank is Dumb

Slower and creates an extra step in the purchase process - I'd say it's high up the to-do list :-)

Post Count

Pot and Kettle

Dear Mr DipStik and Ms Shakes, I find myself marginally disturbed by some inconsistencies scattered across the forum. I say this in a caring way, in case your close friends have not yet arranged an intervention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    You're clearly passing judgment on her dialect and creative spelling. Everyone knows that "grammar" and "correct spelling" are really just code words for "white." Her English is just as valid as your English, and I find your eurocentric worldview rather bigoted.
    Incorrect. Good grammar and correct spelling are signs of education, not synonyms for white. To infer otherwise shows your own subconscious racial bias. Nor is the correct word "eurocentric", it's "anglocentric" as you'll find most Europeans do not speak English as a first language, much like Ms Shakes. As you yourselves noted in these gems:
    Now I wonder if you've just been using that same translator this entire time when you try to post in English.
    I knew he spoke French... His English is hilarious though.
    which does make a direct correlation between race and linguistic ability. Ergo, racism. Or maybe I'm being "harsh" and it's not racial prejudice on your part, but bias against the other poster, since you let these comments go by in the same thread as the above without comment:
    I put all his statements in french into it and was finally convinced that R****** was mildly retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Shakes. View Post
    Miss Shakes think dat makin fun of dem retards be no way to make frends. Besides, he French. He can't (wont) fight back.
    On the other matter of what it is allowable to call someone, it's not okay to use retarded but it's okay for this comment to be made in this thread?
    Miss Shakes thinkun dat the only misteak bein made was by you comin up wit sucha mo-ronic idea and den coppin dat ornery additude.
    Note that the other poster was called a moron before he retaliated with the word "retarded", and that he did not use the more pejorative "retard". Moron and retard are equivalent words, so you should be critical of both, regardless of the user, if you want to maintain an attitude of superior indignation. While moron, however, is a disused psychological term for someone with a mental age of between eight and twelve, mental retardation is still in current use, though shortly to be replaced by "intellectual developmental disorder", and therefore retarded is perfectly acceptable as a descriptor, unless libellous.
    Quote Originally Posted by wa7sh View Post
    miss shakes cant speak english.
    Thaz raycess.
    No, it's not racist to state that you can't write correct English. No correlation has been made between your alleged racial origin and your grasp of English, It's a verifiable statement of fact. You write colloquially, not correctly.
    Miss Shakes be of a mind dat think da rules say nots ta impersonate a moderator. Mmm hmmm
    I'd suggest the impersonation of a black, overweight woman is a more serious rule breaker. No-one can seriously pass themselves off as a real mod, but the pretence of an in-forum persona is intended to deceive and give scope for "comedy" where the troll accuses others of doing what they are in fact doing. The adopted mask of a Southern Alabamian fat woman to abuse others is offensive on a number of levels, including taking the mickey out of the thing you profess to be, and far more racist.

I rest my case, M'Lud. If you're going to be a troll, be consistent. It's cleverer and more satirical. I fully expect a tl;dr, and I don't care because the evidence proves the hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Ciara; 07-28-2013 at 05:28 AM.

Banned
    analyzing noobs recruiting at recruitment section ;D
    Post Count
    Thank you.
    btw are you a barrister?

Post Count
    LOL. My dad always said I should be, but no, just very evidence-based in my work so I have to be analytical with words. And you're welcome. I don't take sides, I just see it objectively.

Banned
    Post Count
    i strongly suggest you go study law. its only 4 years.

Post Count
    Why, thank you

Banned
    Post Count
    its really hard to talk to someone who cant have a conversation.
    all this guy knows is how to photoshop.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by (CCK) Cam View Post
    all this guy knows is how to photoshop.
    Hey, look who it is, another retard!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The only "retard" on this forum is you.

Did you get that clinical help I prescribed for you?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ciara, my friend, you're wasting your reputation defending wa7sh, a cheat, photoshop hacker, and an all-round bottom feeder.

Given your reputation in the game and on this forum, my only advice to you is to be careful with associating with wa7sh. He has no credibility left here and is only useful as our resident troll.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    And I strongly suggest you go to special education school - don't worry about how long it'll take. It'll be time well spent.

Banned
    Post Count
    It's three years. I'd know.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ok, I can live with either but the real Monte may object to sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by (SKK)-Montecore View Post
    Both.......

Banned
    Post Count
    lurker, hows your sore a$$. You must have had a lot of butthurt with my boy monty.