Gree, you need to balance out Defence!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gree, you need to balance out Defence!

Post Count

Lightbulb Gree, you need to balance out Defence!

Gree,

Please offer more items/mods to boost our defence stats.

The way it is going at the moment you're going to make fighting pretty useless. If the majority of players end up with an attack stat that is much greater than their defence stat then it makes the defence stat pointless.

Players are here to increase their stats so they are stronger than other players and won't lose as many fights and robberies. However, if the attack stat is always going to be greater than the defence stat it means the majority of players we attack will be able to come back and beat us making the whole idea of getting stronger pointless.

In MW you got it right because the defence stat is greater than the attack stat which means players will only lose to stronger players not weaker ones.

However, this is not the case in Crime City. Here's an example:

Player A has the following stats

Attack 900k
    Defence 700k

Player B has the following stats

Attack 750k
    Defence 600k

So player A can easily beat player B but player B can also beat player A even though his stats are much better. If the same two players had played MW instead their stats would look like this

Player A has the following stats

Attack 700k
    Defence 900k

Player B has the following stats

Attack 600k
    Defence 750k

This means player A would just about be able to beat player B but player B wouldn't be able to beat player A because player A has better stats.

Think about it Gree! what's the point in us increasing our stats if it doesn't fend off rivals
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Bill, I can't believe you're complaining about an occasional splash of red on your news after playing so long (those theoretical stats are based on yours pre-brawl event prizes I'm guessing?).

I kind of like the way things are. It means the big stat players can't just bully the rest free of any cares. Even if the mortals can't beat the "gods" in a fight they might be able to rob them at least.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Gree is right. Without the "weaker" players playing because they can't win, you can remain unbeaten even with stats of 1/1.

Banned
    Post Count
    the point, billy, is getting you to spend as much gold as possible.

my suggestion is to put a zero after the current defense building ratings and make them provide the actual defense shown.

Banned
    Post Count
    Bill has a Good point. One either has defense stats for a reason. Or get rid of them altogether. Think of the gold that could be saved

Post Count
    I think I did something wrong, because right now my stats are 409k attack /469k defense...

It's not inflated defense either, my actual is about 460k - although I need this to be verified. Down when I had about half the stats I have now, it was only 5k inflated. I doubled it for times sake.

It seems like the higher I get, with the rewards from events, the more my defense is climbing rather than my attack stat.
    Last edited by PawnXIIX; 07-22-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Post Count
    I like the idea of attack stats being higher than defense. Would be nice to get a lot more players within our reach for robs/fights. Also like the idea of raising the effective defense of defense buildings - that way if people are really concerned about their defense, they can work for it.

GREE give us some more attack heavy weapons (like the recent boss and crate events)!! Good job

Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

Lurker
    Post Count

Question The whole future question

With a limit of 500 items of each type, how long before prizes start to wipe each other out.
    Or will we see 1 million attack and Defence prizes?

The game is obviously showing signs of a distortion in that the strongest will get stronger and the weaker weaker.

Ok its following society but at some point it starts to fall apart

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Fighting Cowardly is doing what it does. Complaining about red on there wall. lol.
    I NO LONGER PLAY CC

RETIRED FROM INDIAN NATION

My teepee still has the new teepee smell.

LOLGREE

Banned
    Post Count
    Would like to see stats get squared away and def buildings make a difference. I mean this whole game is about stats.
    Last edited by the_brein; 07-23-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PawnXIIX View Post
    I think I did something wrong, because right now my stats are 409k attack /469k defense...
    Yeah my defence is 30k higher than my attack as well, I'd rather it be the other way around but hey what can you do.

Banned
    Post Count
    Lol, same here, my defense is 20k higher than my attack

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Same can be said in the other way too. Me I'm desperatly looking for higher att stats items.
    So it's certainly not a general statement, it just depends on the way you play.
    Last edited by punawa; 07-23-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by punawa View Post
    Same can be said in the other way too. Me I'm desperatly looking or higher att stats items.
    So it's certainly not a general statement, it just depends on the way you play.
    All depends if you intend to stop the beating or give the beating.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by OBAMASMAMA View Post
    All depends if you intend to stop the beating or give the beating.
    That's such an informative post. Thank you for sharing that with us all.