Mafia Bait!!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mafia Bait!!

Post Count

Cool Mafia Bait!!

I was just wondering on how some super strong players deliberately have low mafia to bait others into hitting them and gain some nice passive IP and had a few questions:

1. How much mafia is bait enough? E.g. if I'm say level 80, would 380 mafia be bait enough or should it be more like 300?

2. How strong should you be to setup the bait? 2k stats per level for say a top 100 syn or better? And once you setup the bait, I'm figuring that might come down to say 1600 stats per level or sumthing?

3. How much extra passive IP can this fetch? 10k per war??

Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

Post Count
    To be honest, I attack people with 499 mafia, as I always interpret that as a sign of weakness. I feel like having extremely low mafia would be more successful at lower-ranked syndicate levels. At the top, you're probably going to be hit/scouted regardless of your number of mafia.

Post Count
    True, I was asking from the perspective of lesser mortals (top 100-150 syndicate)

Banned
    Post Count
    I don't see why the number of mafia you have is relevant to wars. Unless you're talking about someone's att/def. having the max for your level would give you (obviously) the max stats, which is desirable for war. Having less or more mafia for your level has no effect on IP to my knowledge.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Holicaholic View Post
    I don't see why the number of mafia you have is relevant to wars. Unless you're talking about someone's att/def. having the max for your level would give you (obviously) the max stats, which is desirable for war. Having less or more mafia for your level has no effect on IP to my knowledge.
    Lolz. Think about what was posted for a second before replying?
    Join The Politicians - An active and diverse group of players from around the world. Come and join the family and see the difference for yourself!

Syndicate code: 613832871

My personal invite code: 111765313

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by c00guy View Post
    I was just wondering on how some super strong players deliberately have low mafia to bait others into hitting them and gain some nice passive IP and had a few questions:

1. How much mafia is bait enough? E.g. if I'm say level 80, would 380 mafia be bait enough or should it be more like 300?

2. How strong should you be to setup the bait? 2k stats per level for say a top 100 syn or better? And once you setup the bait, I'm figuring that might come down to say 1600 stats per level or sumthing?

3. How much extra passive IP can this fetch? 10k per war??
    It is a worthwhile move for strong players in lower ranked syndicates. I find anywhere between 300-400 is a good range. Never calculated how much I get but it isn't that shabby (I would say 10k is fairly achievable). Though you gotta try and have a whole of syndicate strategy for this to be really effective. Doesn't work as well when you have higher ranked players with similar mafia sizes because they will taken instead of your bait.
    Join The Politicians - An active and diverse group of players from around the world. Come and join the family and see the difference for yourself!

Post Count
    I don't see it as an effective strategy in the low levels. If you're in a good syndicate no one is hitting you due to your level and weak points; if you're in a lower syndicate no ones going to be hitting you enough, anyway.

Keep your henchmen up, the attack stat is the only one that scores you meaningful points.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    I don't see it as an effective strategy in the low levels. If you're in a good syndicate no one is hitting you due to your level and weak points; if you're in a lower syndicate no ones going to be hitting you enough, anyway.

Keep your henchmen up, the attack stat is the only one that scores you meaningful points.
    Ehh..... Spending too much time in the higher ranks. Need to take that hat off and think about the other possibilities or at least acknowledge it, not everyone spends gold to buy massive stats...

Post Count
    Mxz, I personally think it gets us guys in top 100-150 syndicates much more IP and like I said it's only meant for players who have super stats for their levels already (say 2x times level). Plus it would get the syn better match ups coz aggregate attack stats would be down a tad

Feng, nice point. I agree, I think it would take some work to have all the weaker players max mafia to 500 and super stat players get mafia down to 300-400. Just wondering if you can get to 10k just passive

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by c00guy View Post
    Mxz, I personally think it gets us guys in top 100-150 syndicates much more IP and like I said it's only meant for players who have super stats for their levels already (say 2x times level). Plus it would get the syn better match ups coz aggregate attack stats would be down a tad

Feng, nice point. I agree, I think it would take some work to have all the weaker players max mafia to 500 and super stat players get mafia down to 300-400. Just wondering if you can get to 10k just passive
    If you do it right from a whole of mafia perspective using carefully selected 'funnel' players, yes, those guys can achieve 10k or more.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Feng1234 View Post
    If you do it right from a whole of mafia perspective using carefully selected 'funnel' players, yes, those guys can achieve 10k or more.
    If you strategically go into battle the other team won't gain points with their 'funnel' players
    *** Back alley Network ***

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterIceNL View Post
    If you strategically go into battle the other team won't gain points with their 'funnel' players
    Umm sorry don't understand. You trying to say that this is an effective strategy or not?

Banned
    Post Count
    Top 180/250 syndicate, We never bother looking at your mafia size we look for your Level as snipers. We need to pick targets with higher levels then the current crew we are snipers for. Its all about the level get a higher level then you with a weaker def then your attack ........bonus time

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It is a bad strategy. A decent scout will always be able to beat you with your hands tied behind your back that way and you turn into free points for a number of syndicate members. People post defense score and the others just avoid you. You will get a handful of points when fighting really crappy syndicates over the course of the tournament but in the end you're better off trying to make your character the best it can be.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterIceNL View Post
    Not every team is as strategic as you think at the lower levels... I have tested this strategy and it works... And yes, my attack stats are still high enough to score IP in most battles. I can hit more targets than most fully equipped members.