Mafia Bait!! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mafia Bait!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalg-the-Good View Post
    It is a bad strategy. A decent scout will always be able to beat you with your hands tied behind your back that way and you turn into free points for a number of syndicate members. People post defense score and the others just avoid you. You will get a handful of points when fighting really crappy syndicates over the course of the tournament but in the end you're better off trying to make your character the best it can be.
    There are always random hitters at lower level, many syndicates aren't as coordinated as many portray them to be. There are certain requirements to being a good 'bait' so if you meet those requirements, then free IP is free IP.
    Join The Politicians - An active and diverse group of players from around the world. Come and join the family and see the difference for yourself!

Syndicate code: 613832871

My personal invite code: 111765313

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by c00guy View Post
    Umm sorry don't understand. You trying to say that this is an effective strategy or not?
    It has to do with what craftytempter just said. You have people looking for the max ip opponents. Everybody knows how this game work and what mafia members serve for.

If you have to battle a team with only level 100+ members, but of the 60 members there are 59 members with 500 mafia and there's 1 with only 380 mafia ... Then 99 out of a 100 times its a funnel player. Always make sure your syndicate uses someone with a high enough attack to test the rivals out.
    *** Back alley Network ***

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterIceNL View Post
    It has to do with what craftytempter just said. You have people looking for the max ip opponents. Everybody knows how this game work and what mafia members serve for.

If you have to battle a team with only level 100+ members, but of the 60 members there are 59 members with 500 mafia and there's 1 with only 380 mafia ... Then 99 out of a 100 times its a funnel player. Always make sure your syndicate uses someone with a high enough attack to test the rivals out.
    A good baiting strategy ain't going to have only 1 weak player. There will be several along with other tactics thrown in to confuse. I think the context for this strategy don't apply to syndicates where most players have massive attack stats and therefore don't have a worry about recon or targets for weaker players. But these syndicates overall are in the minority and most have to play a balancing act. It's the majority you are targeting.
    Join The Politicians - An active and diverse group of players from around the world. Come and join the family and see the difference for yourself!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Feng1234 View Post
    A good baiting strategy ain't going to have only 1 weak player. There will be several along with other tactics thrown in to confuse. I think the context for this strategy don't apply to syndicates where most players have massive attack stats and therefore don't have a worry about recon or targets for weaker players. But these syndicates overall are in the minority and most have to play a balancing act. It's the majority you are targeting.
    Off course, if you get matched with FC and you see one with 450 mafia I'm not going to try it out either lol. But I can't image anyone in the Top250 (maybe more) not to understand what the deal is with mafia members. I'm in a Top25 syndicate and if I come across a level 100+ rival who doesn't have max mafia, I just know he/she did it with a reason.

Its just a tip ... If you're not a high attack member of your syndicate and you think you've spotted a weak opponent, let some try him/her out who does have a high attack.

Post Count
    Off course, if you get matched with FC and you see one with 450 mafia I'm not going to try it out either lol. But I can't image anyone in the Top250 (maybe more) not to understand what the deal is with mafia members. I'm in a Top25 syndicate and if I come across a level 100+ rival who doesn't have max mafia, I just know he/she did it with a reason.

Its just a tip ... If you're not a high attack member of your syndicate and you think you've spotted a weak opponent, let some try him/her out who does have a high attack.
    Haha yeah. If we ever get matched against FC, we would just stop everything and watch their IPs grow. That will be more fun than anything else.

I think top 100-250 is somewhat different to top 25. Not as many gold spenders, not as much coordination, not having recons available to call on at all times, not as many weak players to think about and provide a target.

You would be surprised at how effective a well planned baiting strategy can be at the lower ranked levels. But the key is a whole of syndicate approach with careful planning.

Banned
    Post Count
    let the snipers pick the tragets. its simple only hit what your told to hit dont go rambo and you should be fine.
    everything else is just a waste of time dropping mafia picking up mafia. forget that better things to do like a rob or two.
    you get me once with tricks like that but then 59 others will avoid you like the black death

happy hunting everyone

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Feng1234 View Post
    Haha yeah. If we ever get matched against FC, we would just stop everything and watch their IPs grow. That will be more fun than anything else.

I think top 100-250 is somewhat different to top 25. Not as many gold spenders, not as much coordination, not having recons available to call on at all times, not as many weak players to think about and provide a target.

You would be surprised at how effective a well planned baiting strategy can be at the lower ranked levels. But the key is a whole of syndicate approach with careful planning.
    Ok, I wouldn't know what its like in Top100-250. Just wanted to share my view. If it really works you should obviously use it and I'll take back my words. Just be carefull cause you're not the only one doing it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by craftytempter View Post
    let the snipers pick the tragets. its simple only hit what your told to hit dont go rambo and you should be fine.
    everything else is just a waste of time dropping mafia picking up mafia. forget that better things to do like a rob or two.
    you get me once with tricks like that but then 59 others will avoid you like the black death

happy hunting everyone
    Of course, nothing beats having a strong attack. That is the how the strong beats the weak and the ultimate goal. But because the weak is the weak, we as mostly free players, need to use everything at our disposal to gain an advantage.

Never close your eyes to anything.

Post Count
    Ok, I wouldn't know what its like in Top100-250. Just wanted to share my view. If it really works you should obviously use it and I'll take back my words. Just be carefull cause you're not the only one doing it.
    It was definitely interesting to hear your views on this at higher levels.

Banned
    Post Count
    I have 345 mafia and picked up a lot of def wins in the last war.
    Stats roughly 3000 times level.

Post Count
    I do not understand why someone choose lower mafia?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooler View Post
    Maybe if you had a better understanding of tactics you would.
    For now you'll just have to be a sheep following orders.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooler View Post
    There a number of reasons primarily to avoid getting hit by stronger players. As your mafia size goes down, you become stronger relative to the mafia bracket (search for nicholost theory) you are in due to using less but stronger weapons. Generally speaking, lower mafia size players are not as strong as full mafia size members so you can hide better amongst all the sheeps. This will allow you to no bank more effectively thus getting stronger in peace. Coupled with camping, this can be an effective strategy.

The other reason could be working as bait in syndicate wars.