GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is energy ever not recommended?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Is energy ever not recommended?

I have about 1500 energy, and it still says "recommended" on the skill point allocation page next to energy. Does Gree have a level for energy at which, upon reaching it, another category becomes recommended? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a job that has a higher single click of 1100 energy.
    Crime City tenure: June 2012 - retired 8/10/14

Banned
    analyzing noobs recruiting at recruitment section ;D
    Post Count
    its the best thing u can put your skill points into.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    No, it's not. Attack/defense skill points or stamina is just as good or even better.

Consistent Contributor [CM]]forgetaboutit's Avatar
    Post Count
    No buy henchmen
    its the best

Consistent Contributor SNEAKERJUNKY's Avatar
    Post Count
    Correct me if Im wrong but... Leveling up is a bad thing..no? Lower levels, higher stats BRO.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Is there a cap on the skill point modifier for attack and defense?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideline Sal View Post
    Is there a cap on the skill point modifier for attack and defense?
    Just when you run out of skill points...

I used to think I would never put skill points into energy since it caused leveling up.

If i had to to it over I would put all skill points into energy or stamina. I would't put any into attack or defense since they really don't help that much (someone can always beat you)
    retired

Post Count
    Energy at a certain level is just a waste in my opinion. There are two ways to play the energy game.

If you are always wanting to spend energy to level up then you should stop spending on energy around the 2000 energy mark. If you are able to play the game on a consistent basis you will always be able to spend energy and the only time that you wouldn't would be when you sleep. So right before you go to bed you spend all your energy it will be generating up to 2000 while you sleep. When you wake up you will have nearly a full bar of energy to start the process all over again. This makes it so you will always be spending and using energy without it capping.

The second way is if you don't want to level and simply want to build up as much energy as you can so you have a huge supply for the initial push on the LTQ events.

Now some would say if you have a huge energy bar you will always be generating but you have had to use skill points directly to energy instead of putting them in other areas.

Just my opinion. If someone has actually done research on this I'm all ears.
    Bluemoe

Post Count
    Energy recommended for 100+ level players
    Stamina recommended for all (go for at least 50)
    Attack skill points useless (unless you're really low level and that 10 points per skill points matter a lot for boss events)
    Defense skill points junk

Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Its always recommended.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Energy = can help you; level up faster, and beat LTQ's which results in big stat gains.

Stamina = can help you; get money faster (by robbing/attacking), and can help make friends

Attack = can help you; win fights against opponents, can help you with boss battles, can help you beat enemies you couldn't normally beat during war

Defence = can help you; defend opponents attacks, save money by defending from robs/attacks, can help you get IP points during battles (people will scout your stats, and if you have high defence stats, you can win against people with higher attack than your defence)
    This is a very good summary of each of the skills!
    Asphalt Assassins

"I set out to be good but there were too many other options. Now I just aim to misbehave."-Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly- Joss Whedon

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by c00guy View Post
    Energy recommended for 100+ level players
    Stamina recommended for all (go for at least 50)
    Attack skill points useless (unless you're really low level and that 10 points per skill points matter a lot for boss events)
    Defense skill points junk
    Wow you really only get 10 points per skill point?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Limited time quest events are so common now that energy is the best investment even if you are a low to no gold spender. I think the point to stop depends on how you play. If you don't want to spend real life money I suggest the following. Use tapjoy and free gold giveaways and get a goodfella upgrade. This will allow you to regen more stamina and energy during off times and sleeping and will alter the total amount of resources you can put into an event without spending gold. It is a permanent upgrade and will more than pay for itself in a very short amount of time compared to any investment you can make. Build your energy reserve to the point where you can sleep and turn your game back... or travel... or whatever your longest time period between playing is and still be regenerating energy with that upgrade going. At that point any further energy investment is only going to pay off if you level or spend gold. I would then do something similar with stamina since there are now leader board events.

If you are a player that uses a lot of gold I would say that the more energy you have the lower your costs per event are going to be since energy will make your refills go further. So there wouldn't be an upward limit to shoot for.

I have about 50 stamina and the goodfella upgrade and I'm quite happy with that investment.

Banned
    Post Count
    just make sure you have around 1500 energy and at least 50 stamina, so you get your moneys worth on refills. i have 2470 energy and 260 stamina. i wish i had more stamina and less energy.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    just make sure you have around 1500 energy and at least 50 stamina, so you get your moneys worth on refills. i have 2470 energy and 260 stamina. i wish i had more stamina and less energy.
    How often do you actually use all your stamina at once?

Lurker
    Post Count
    Technically you don't need more then 500 energy. But that is only technical and I'm not even sure. You only need as much energy as the most difficult job. Having more energy has a benefit though. The more energy you have, the less likely you are to have time wasted while recovering. You generate 3 energy per minute. That means 180 energy in an hour.

You don't generate any energy once your energy meter is full. But you don't generate energy any faster if you have more energy. So it's best if you balance out your energy level at about the point where if you go away from game, for example to sleep for the night, then your energy would hopefully not max out by the time you wake up. Any more then that and you will never be full on energy, which isn't a bad thing, but it is points spent on energy that you could have used on Stamina or attack and defense.

Stamina is very useful, but it's the same concept as energy. You generate 1 stamina every 3 minutes. Which means 20 stamina in an hour. The more stamina you have, the longer a break you can take from attacking and robbing others without wasting time not generating more stamina when the bar gets full. It would take a lot of stamina to keep it from maxing out when you sleep, so just figure out how long you would like to be able to take a break between waves or robberies and attacks.

It is pretty good to get to somewhere around 25 to 30 stamina though. If you find someone with 15 nice buildings that you want to rob, having 30 stamina allows you to take them all down right away. Though it can really annoy other people when you drain their good buildings. Generally, balance out your stamina between how long you want to take a break, and how often you expect to find that many hits packed together.

Attack and Defense early on can make an impact on your effectiveness. Later on, they have much less of an effect can still turn a fight in your favor. It is probably a better bet in general to have spent a lot more points on your energy and stamina then on your attack and defense, but don't ignore your attack and defense.