DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Two weeks ? Really?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Two weeks ? Really?

Good lord..........

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    There will be folks whom welcome the rapid guild battle. I'm not one among them ... Sigh ... 2 weeks ....

Post Count
    Hackers and people in completely free guilds are the only ones who welcome a battle so soon. Well done Gree, helping those who hurt your profit margins. Trying to beat the decrease you had last quarter?

Post Count
    2 weeks = 14 days. You're giving the current schedule more credit than it deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Hackers and people in completely free guilds are the only ones who welcome a battle so soon. Well done Gree, helping those who hurt your profit margins. Trying to beat the decrease you had last quarter?
    Spending money on gems is a choice. Just in case you forgot

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzone707 View Post
    Spending money on gems is a choice. Just in case you forgot
    For many it isn't. It's just as much a choice as spending money on heroin is a choice.

Post Count
    For many it isn't. It's just as much a choice as spending money on heroin is a choice.
    Must have never known someone with a heroin addiction.
    "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
    Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    Sun Tzu The Art of War

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydrax View Post
    Must have never known someone with a heroin addiction.
    Oh I did. And heroin is much more destructive than KA is. Research has shown games like these are as addictive as cocain, so heroin might be a slight exaggeration. What I ment was almost everyone in the top 25 if not top 50 guilds is going to finish all ltq's and fight in the war just like they normally would no matter what Gree does. That's what I ment, they might not get physical withdrawal symptoms, but those that, like me, are on holiday most of the next 2 weeks will sneak in free wifi shops and attempt to finish as much as possible, most likely spending more than normal. Because otherwise they'd lag behind and become targets in wars. Take RK for example. We fought them once this war, and not even our strongest player had a target near his own level, the only one we could find that could be beaten by a few was a lvl 136 with 1.6m stats. The rest was all 2.2-2.9m, no one could touch them. Say the guy who had 2.2m would miss all ltq's. people would gain about 200-250k in raw stats, and with all the boosts everyone has that amounts to probably a 400k+ statgain. That would make him a target to almost half our guild, while we had a hard time hitting anything other than the castle last war. So you see, even if real life gets in the way, they will feel the urge to uphold their in game superiority, which doesn't come cheap.

Post Count
    Oh I did. And heroin is much more destructive than KA is. Research has shown games like these are as addictive as cocain, so heroin might be a slight exaggeration. What I ment was almost everyone in the top 25 if not top 50 guilds is going to finish all ltq's and fight in the war just like they normally would no matter what Gree does. That's what I ment, they might not get physical withdrawal symptoms, but those that, like me, are on holiday most of the next 2 weeks will sneak in free wifi shops and attempt to finish as much as possible, most likely spending more than normal. Because otherwise they'd lag behind and become targets in wars. Take RK for example. We fought them once this war, and not even our strongest player had a target near his own level, the only one we could find that could be beaten by a few was a lvl 136 with 1.6m stats. The rest was all 2.2-2.9m, no one could touch them. Say the guy who had 2.2m would miss all ltq's. people would gain about 200-250k in raw stats, and with all the boosts everyone has that amounts to probably a 400k+ statgain. That would make him a target to almost half our guild, while we had a hard time hitting anything other than the castle last war. So you see, even if real life gets in the way, they will feel the urge to uphold their in game superiority, which doesn't come cheap.
    I see. Agree to a logical statement. Everyone has their own RL commitments and must decide how much they can put towards this game. Understanding that people are different on many different levels, socially and financially only being two, however, very relevant for this game. Here's something I often think about in RL when determining my personal involvement with something, no matter what it is; what is it worth to me? I hold a high value for my 'time' and because of that, I always weigh out, this simple question, what is it worth? If I have more money than time, I'll pay for it to be done by someone else. A similar quandary can be said for this game and the events. Do you have more money than time? If so, then buying gems is your answer. I would suspect that many just do that.

This is how I view things, so I don't see obsession or addiction as a fair assessment of how I play this game. I'm committed, that's for sure, but I delegate and use money as needed to free my RL time. Balance.
    "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
    Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    Sun Tzu The Art of War

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Must be a major holiday somewhere in the world in 2 weeks so Gree has to have a guild war...

Consistent Contributor MaximumFun's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazi View Post
    Must be a major holiday somewhere in the world in 2 weeks so Gree has to have a guild war...
    Bazi- Your answer is "Peruvian Independence Day" on Sunday, July 28th followed by "Peruvian Armed Forces Day" on Monday, July 29th.

http://portalseven.com/calendar/Holidays_This_Month.jsp

Bonus:

26 All or Nothing Day
    26 Aunt and Uncle Day
    27 Take Your Pants for a Walk Day
    28 National Milk Chocolate Day
    28 Parent's Day - fourth Sunday in July
    29 National Lasagna Day

http://holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/july.htm
    KA: "Maximum Fun" Level 182, proud member of the Forum Knights Guild 2

MQ: "Maximum Fun" Level 82 / 128,198 attack / 115,191 defense / $29,363 IPH

MW: RETIRED Feb 4, 2013 "Maximum Fun" Level 173
    * Charter Member of VFF Charlie

Updated October 3, 2013

Post Count
    How can we wage war on milk chocolate day? I hope it's an oversight by gree

Lurker
    Post Count
    I love lasagna, count me out for anything else that day

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakon View Post
    I love lasagna, count me out for anything else that day
    Same, now I know it's lasagna day, nothing else matters

Post Count
    It's a birthday present from Gree to me.

...although I suspect I'll be doing other birthday related things, so won't open it on the day