Why does this game take up so much space on my phone??

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does this game take up so much space on my phone??

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Why does this game take up so much space on my phone??

Hey all, couldn't find a thread on this. Apologies if anyone else has posted about this.

So I looked at the storage part of my phone, which lists how much space each app takes up, and was surprised to see that Crime City is taking up 1.6 GB. When I press it, it says the actual app size is 29 MB. Is the rest of the storage just my game data? And will the space it takes continue going up as I play more and more? Because our game starts from the same point if we were to delete and re-install the app, I was under the impression that the data was stored on a server somewhere rather than on our phones. But I know little about how this stuff works. Anyone else notice this/know why it's like this? Luckily I still have over 3 GB available so it's not a huge concern, but seems weird to me.

Post Count
    Not sure what all of the space is, but it stores images (canvas?) for all the buildings (all buildings x 4 sides, all decor etc), weapons, avatars etc so that you don't have to download all that info every time you visit a hood.

CC: 189k/173k
    Without syndicate

MW: 817 804 062

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Ah ok, thanks jaywalker. Still seems like a lot of stuff to store for one app. But as long as it's not going up, that's good. I'll check it out in a month or so.

Cheers

Post Count
    All of the maps are also stored client-side. They load very quickly if you've ever noticed.

Post Count
    Well that odd on my phone it's only 2MB app
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Man bala has been here since 2012? For some reason I always assume he got here last Thursday...

Post Count
    The real question is --- "Why does it take up so much space in my life"? LOL

"You better bury Ned right!... Better not cut up, nor otherwise harm no whores... or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons of bittches."

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirt View Post
    Wheres the picture in ur avatar from? looks like some type of good game

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by one man gang View Post
    It looks like a desktop wallpaper i had once.
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirt View Post
    True story, bro.
    Pay the game the way it's meant to be payed!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by one man gang View Post
    Sorry went dark for a few days --- long story -- anyway if you're fast you can still see said pic here (http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/) on the main page.
    Maybe I'll grow an active brainstem and get a better sized avatar :P
    Cheers

"You better bury Ned right!... Better not cut up, nor otherwise harm no whores... or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons of bittches."

Storage

Yea, the crime city app in my iphone is eating away all my storage by the minute! Sum1 better contact GREE about this situation, bcuz its especially annoying 4 jailbroken idevices as jailbreaks take up even more space!. Will deleting the crime city or modern war app cause them 2 lose all their data (e.g buildings, decorations etc)? Cuz I hav 3 LE buildings that im unable 2 get back wen the data is lost. I even attempt 2 backup and restore my iphone, and it only worked temporarily then it started to build up again.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    *On Android*
    Curiously I checked the space it takes with me. Crime City app=44.91MB. On SD-Card=0.91GB.
    Trying to find the data, I see in the folder Android a total of 65MB for Crime City on my phone storage.
    But I can't find anything on my SD-Card. So, where are those 0.91GB stored?

Post Count
    I have the same problem on my iphone 4S, I deleted CC and reinstalled and it was back to normal 30-40 mb but it's always growing up. I need to delete and reinstall again in the future. You don't lose anything when you delete and reinstall CC.

Post Count
    CC and all the other games will download & cache images etc that are required by the apps. This includes stuff that becomes obsolete like event splash screens.

The best solution is to periodically delete the apps and re-install. As the vache is now emtpy only currently needed images etc will be downloaded and re-cached.
    Regards,
    AppleMacGuy.

Crime City
    Level 250 Income Per Hour $146,248,304 Mafia 500
    Attack 2,364,239,212 Defence 974,352,977 Fights Won 348,349 Robberies Won 134,524

Kingdom Age
    Level 232 Income Per Hour 181,242 Gold Allies 497
    Attack 2,303,184,218 Defence 1,626,489,130 Battles Won 97,313 Raids Won 39,171

Every game require specific space to store in mobile. They need to store images, sounds, graphics, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceD View Post
    Hey all, couldn't find a thread on this. Apologies if anyone else has posted about this.

So I looked at the storage part of my phone, which lists how much space each app takes up, and was surprised to see that Crime City is taking up 1.6 GB. When I press it, it says the actual app size is 29 MB. Is the rest of the storage just my game data? And will the space it takes continue going up as I play more and more? Because our game starts from the same point if we were to delete and re-install the app, I was under the impression that the data was stored on a server somewhere rather than on our phones. But I know little about how this stuff works. Anyone else notice this/know why it's like this? Luckily I still have over 3 GB available so it's not a huge concern, but seems weird to me.