Thread: Camping?

Camping?

Is camping the way to go in this game like it is in the other Gree games( crime city, modern war)? Thanks

Pretty much
    Level: 7x
    XBC-WPV-QQW

Guild: Legion
    Level 28
    Recruiting any levels! Activity is a must.
    PM if interested.
    Fire 5%
    Spirit 6%
    Water 6%
    Earth 5%
    Air 5%

*Note: Currently accepting active knights who are 3x+. If you are any lower, I will ignore. Sorry. Just trying to keep my friends list fresh and up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnoyzn View Post
    Pretty much
    Not at all. Don't listen to this guy. You want to be as high a level as possible because then your knights have more health and you can beat more bosses and do better in the arena.

Well, in another topic I saw today mentioned that some people who only focus on the Arena, want to stay about level 90, so they can get bonusses beating people higher level than them.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

I'm a total newb to this game and don't really understand it. Any links to newb forums that breaks this game down?

Quote Originally Posted by hydesd2 View Post
    I'm a total newb to this game and don't really understand it. Any links to newb forums that breaks this game down?
    Read the sticky posts.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Guess that depends on if you want to focus on Arena or the "PvE" part of the game. If PvE, then no, camping is not beneficial. And even if you want to focus on Arena, level 90 is already very close to the max level (as in, last level you get stats- or health-increase), so you will see the full game before you reach the "sweet spot" (if that is the sweet spot, no clue).

To me camping is ganking my low level and then I come back and you with my rogue and trounce you for an hour or so. That is camping to me. How do you camp in K&D?
    Knight: Lady Sylvanas
    Guild: Majestic
    Semi Retired

I guess you could always stay at level 99. You'd get bonus points in the Arena for beating higher leveled people, but you wouldn't be hurting yourself in the epic boss. Though it's still pretty easy to be in the top 250 in the Arena at level 100+.

how could you ever farm materials for armor?

Hope that you stockpiled enough beforehand . Or stay at 95ish. That'll give you enough room to farm for mats. You'd hit 100 after a few weeks though.

I think all before me have summed it up nicely but in short K&D is not a game that you can camp on compared to other (mostly older) GREE games... unless you want to spend a lot of money getting material from the chests.

Click on the image if you want to join the number 1 alliance.
    Now recruiting for Justice League (1st), Justice League 2 (3rd), Justice League 3 (*new*) and Justice League 4 (*new*)

Quote Originally Posted by Bax View Post
    I think all before me have summed it up nicely but in short K&D is not a game that you can camp on compared to other (mostly older) GREE games... unless you want to spend a lot of money getting material from the chests.
    The closest to camping in my opinion is that you only farm snakeskins, and don't do any quests. I've done it a few times just enhance my armors to max lvl, first for HH+/AA+ and the second time for Pyro+. Still while doing the Pyro+ I gained over a level on just spending all my energy on the snakeskin farming.

Arena rewards are essentially crap. Level 100 makes farming epic bosses easier.

Edit: I gain at least one level per day simply from farming snakeskins.
    Level 180+

Interested in adding new friends who are high level with strong armors. Also accepting applications to join The Rainbow Rug, a member of the Rainbow Coalition.

IGN: Lee
    XBB-QYQ-WXY

There's not really camping in K&D in the way I'm assuming you mean. About the arena examples: I'm personally pretty bored atm and can't really be bothered to farm snakeskins, so I chose to stay at 90 for a bit. It's probably easier to get arena points at lvl 90 (not 99, you get 45 points for 10+ lvls higher) because you quite oftenly get triple points for a win and the difference in stats isn't too great, can quite easily be made up for by good guild bonusses. Makes arena a lot more fun for me, as all I currently do when logging in is kill epic boss and use up arena energy.
    IGN: SiRR Dot
    Guild: The Rainbow Room
    All Hail The King Cloud!

Join the Rainbow Coalition: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ild-of-Legends

Questions?
    Line id: sir.dot
    Line name: Sir.