Defense. Whats your suggestion?

So I as well as many others are fairly new to this game. But I do have one concern that has really been bugging me. Why is it that someone can attack me and destroy all the units I have used thousands of resources and spent days allowing them to build? I mean seriously, I had over 650 of almost every unit type(except for last 4) sitting at my base. When suddenly some guy comes and attacks me for almost 1 hour straight and leaves me with like 10 tanks and 6 hammerheads ne exaggeration.... How much does it take before you get immunity? I lost a load of units and time due to one guy just cruising over and laying it down on me....

Back to the original thread topic. What is the best way to defend a base? Is there a certain amount or type of unit that one would suggest as a best defense? I really hope buying immunity and crossing your fingers are not the only good answers....

Let me know! I am all ears!
    Last edited by Dirt road Joe; 07-15-2013 at 01:37 AM.
    Matthew 7:3-5

You regain immunity if your outpost get destroyed, not until then. Having a high level commander in an outpost is a good start to defending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

No way... I would like to see defence points in game, that has it's own line but will be plussing to attack points, lets say so 1AP+1/2DP=1.5P
    Non-Modern War player, War of Nations only!

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    This is my biggest concern with the game and will probably be the reason I stop playing.

Why does this game reward losers?!?!?

I had 4 million unit value at a base and this guy comes up and attacks me while I'm sleeping. Does about 20 failed attacks killing off my entire army, then destroys the base. All the while he is getting resources and attack points FOR LOSING. why reward the loser?! What do I get for winning 20 battles? I lose everything.

There is absolutely no point in defending yourself with this game.

If you get attacked or they want to capture, your best bet is to take all units and commanders out of the base and let him destroy it which will grant you immunity.

Doing this will save your army for attacks where you might actually gain something.

And btw losing an outpost doesn't automatically grant you immunity. Idk how it works but I've lost 3 outposts in the last 6 hrs and I still don't have immunity

Yeah I dont even defend my outposts anymore. The troops get destroyed if I go to sleep, so I just keep all my units at home. And if my outposts are getting capped, I just abandon it, and start over somewhere else. Fail on my part. lol

You get immunity when your outpost gets destroyed and you only have one left.

A good defense Joe would be to keep no units at your home base, and only minimal amounts at your outposts except one that you never attack from. Send units to the outpost or home base and then attack from there.

Defense?

*whistling*
    I Get by with a little help from my friends!!!
    If you can keep your calm, while all about you are losing theirs .....
    YOU HAVE AN INSUFFICIENT UNDERSTANDING OF THE SITTUATION!!!