Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Arena battle thread

I am curious as to what other people do in Arenas. I recently finished in the 6th ribbon. I finished 211X which is the best I have placed. I have my AA 40/50 which is carrying me through my battles. I have noticed that sometimes people on win steaks are the basic gear equipped when I was fighting them. Is this to get a revenge win?

What are your tips to win in Arena? I wanted to make a separate thread so it doesn't get buried in the ask anything thread.

My usual strat is to put my best armor first with a random knight, a strong knight with the best defense and then my knight in my second or third best gear (In defensive stats). That has been working well for me. Any tips or tricks?
    Knight: Lady Sylvanas
    Guild: Majestic
    Semi Retired

Yea I could use some tips also, though I think I know most of them.

Is your strongest armor AA lvl 40/50? Hm. I haven't been below rank 3000# I believe and I have an AA+ / Living flame + maxed out and a boiler armor level 60.

What I have been doing for the past 2 tournaments is wait until about day 2/3, then start playing. What that does for me is, I can get 8/8 double downs for free since I'll start fighting ranks 60,000+'s.

That however doesn't get me that high, but I figure I won't get below 3000/2000 anyways.

Maybe I should try playing from the beginning?

Tips:

- I look for title names. Usually I fight people with ''Rune knight'' since its the default title. Usually a higher level player would have changed his title
    - I look for Winstreaks, if its too high I usuallty try to avoid it.
    Last edited by Bryanv2; 07-12-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veloster Raptor View Post
    I have noticed that sometimes people on win steaks are the basic gear equipped when I was fighting them. Is this to get a revenge win?
    This is exactly why. It's less reliable in the beginning of the tournament I've found, but by day 3 it's usually pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanv2 View Post

What I have been doing for the past 2 tournaments is wait until about day 2/3, then start playing. What that does for me is, I can get 8/8 double downs for free since I'll start fighting ranks 60,000+'s.

That however doesn't get me that high, but I figure I won't get below 3000/2000 anyways.

Mathematically, if you're paying attention to the points and your usage of them more often, it is more beneficial to never double down. However, your strategy isn't a bad one if you don't want to check your game every 50 minutes.

I used to wait a few days and then get my 8/8s. It was nice to see myself rise in the rankings so fast. Now I start from the beginning, and I've moved up about 3 or four ribbons with mostly the same armor. Get revenge wins, and use double down sparingly. Try not to double down after waiting for a period. If you wait too long, (like after expending 5 energy), you will end up against people with the higher "assumed" rank of yourself, counting your double down in. Try using double down and cancelling it when you run out of energy, so you don't get an increased risk of a dangerous opponent later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanv2 View Post
    Yea I could use some tips also, though I think I know most of them.

Is your strongest armor AA lvl 40/50? Hm. I haven't been below rank 3000# I believe and I have an AA+ / Living flame + maxed out and a boiler armor level 60.

Tips:

- I look for title names. Usually I fight people with ''Rune knight'' since its the default title. Usually a higher level player would have changed his title
    - I look for Winstreaks, if its too high I usuallty try to avoid it.
    You would be surprised at the win streaks. I have faced someone who has in the mid 20's. I slapped him/her so hard it was crazy. I think it it was a lower level player with high leveled gear.

My armor lineup is AA+ 41/50, CA+ 20/50 SG 12/70
    Knight: Lady Sylvanas
    Guild: Majestic
    Semi Retired

Yea true. I've fought some 30+ win streak people that were really easy to beat.

I guess I should try to play from the beginning and not use double downs further/deeper down. Keep getting this damn error code 17 now xD

Personally i try to have my champion/strongest knight in the back, w/ best armor,to ensure that he gets a special attack, otherwise i feel that he is taking unnecessary damage without dishing out his best.

Also sometimes that winning streak is misleading, others not so much personally i fought someone on a 86 win streak and they only had 1 star and 2 star armor, and not close to maxed out, killed all with 1 knight. Other times i have fought someone on a 10 win streak and the opposite happened to me :/ i guess it just depends on your luck.
    Knights Name: JashGanz
    Knights Level: 80+
    Please PM me on here if you want to add me I get a ton of friend requests, ill make sure to add you if i receive a pm.

Get 100 weaker friends, beat them everyday.... I still think this should be removed... Ive barely fought at arena today, had a 8 double down because i had 0 pta and everybody was too weak... But only by beating friends i simply got myself from 12.000 to 118. 1:30hours of fighting friends, its a pain and a effing boredom

hour and a half? I have nearly 30 seconds of lag between fights, and over a minute to load the Battle tab

android friend fighting is brutal

If I am going to double down, I spend a little more time on it. I will look at who is available to fight and then find them on the leaderboard and check out their profile. If they are way above me in level then I avoid them, if not I will fight them. It helps me out a lot. But again I only do it when I have time to search.

i did ........
    used these armors : ..... , ...... , .......
    arranged my knights this way : .... , ..... , ......
    got to bronze on my 2nd week of playing and never looked back

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

I'm your source of self-destruction
    Leading on your death's construction
    Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

Friend add code : XBB-ZYN-FMC
    LINE id : darthcow

"You're GREEtarded"
    "There is no cure for Stupidity"
    "Bad luck? Sucks to be you"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
    If I am going to double down, I spend a little more time on it. I will look at who is available to fight and then find them on the leaderboard and check out their profile. If they are way above me in level then I avoid them, if not I will fight them. It helps me out a lot. But again I only do it when I have time to search.
    Reach level 100 and wear maxed legendary armor. If you are level 100 you've got to be pretty useless to lose to anyone level 95 or below. Put your main knight in 2nd or 3rd place, to ensure they get in at least 1 special hit.

Rotate your elements, so for example you don't have fire in all three armors. It tells you this after every loss, yet I constantly come across people who fail to have rotating elements.

As tredadda says, use double down but check your opponents, especially for the last couple. It's maddening to lose after a 7 win double down. If there's no suitable opponent, wait for the page to refresh. It's rare I can't find someone I can beat when I bother looking.

I've twice run up a 60+ winning streak, the second time without bothering to check my opponents profiles, and I still have a knight in HH+. When I can get him into a level 70 armor I expect to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    hour and a half? I have nearly 30 seconds of lag between fights, and over a minute to load the Battle tab

android friend fighting is brutal
    Nexus 4 here. I do not have Lagg. I think you said earlier you were on an sg3. I am surprised that there is a difference. Crappy sd card perhaps?
    Android player

Android Arena finally seems to be getting a bit tougher.
    Last 2 weeks I got ribbon 2 and 1 without much effort using low level Monk's Vestments and Rageborne Raiment plus a maxed AA+. Now I've switched over to 3 of the big 4; 2 of them still leveling and I'm seeing more good (instead of just pretty) armors on opponents.
    Shortly hit the top 100 last night, woke up to 25 extra friend requests... How do you guy deal with those? Just ignore them? (for lack of search function, looking them up on the tournament ranking to see which of them you want is just about impossible work...)

Not really getting much lag, but I'm playing on an Asus Transformer Infinity tablet...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    Android Arena finally seems to be getting a bit tougher.
    Last 2 weeks I got ribbon 2 and 1 without much effort using low level Monk's Vestments and Rageborne Raiment plus a maxed AA+. Now I've switched over to 3 of the big 4; 2 of them still leveling and I'm seeing more good (instead of just pretty) armors on opponents.
    Shortly hit the top 100 last night, woke up to 25 extra friend requests... How do you guy deal with those? Just ignore them? (for lack of search function, looking them up on the tournament ranking to see which of them you want is just about impossible work...)

Not really getting much lag, but I'm playing on an Asus Transformer Infinity tablet...
    Not sure if this is a suggestion or anything, but I find it kind of helpful to add the people regardless of who they are, fight them, and see if I can beat them. If I can't beat them, I hold on to them and see how they progress every day I play after battling them again. I guess you can call it a test of strength. This also kind of gives you a (small) indication of how they're leveling their armors (combined with what level they are).
    This is a pretty time-consuming process if you think about it, but I've culled the weak friends and find that the friends I have now are the good ones who are constantly improving. After a few days/battles through PvP, I actually start to delete the lower level people who I have positive winning records against. Say, 4-3 after 7 days (after having lost 3 in a row/first three battles or whatever).
    Knowing where to start culling is important, too. As someone who is continuing to lvl, I will tend to only want higher-leveled people and I start culling from there. Maybe around 60 and down.

Lastly, it gives you a few tournament points each time you battle, so that never hurts.
    Good luck! :]
    CasuaLady
    Casually Majestic - Lvl 163
    Lady - Lvl 1000 - RETIRED!

Armors Data

Similar plan, but shorter. I friend people and then ditch them if the main is wearing less than the big 4. Monks vestments? You do not need friends help, just stick around and play for another week.

Android is heating up though. There are a lot of people in the arena who give me trouble, and a lot of people who work pretty hard to get points. I have a hard time staying top 50 winning every battle, doubling down every battle. The epic is another story, top 5 are just hackers.
    Android player