GREE - We need more direction on the use of defense buildings

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GREE - We need more direction on the use of defense buildings

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

GREE - We need more direction on the use of defense buildings

Can you be more specific as to the use of defense buildings?

I've searched the FAQs, etc. and haven't found anything conclusive...just speculation.

I was able to determine the following:

Increasing level of defense buildings does not prevent or deter raiding
    Increasing level does result in more units lost on those who raid

What is not clear:

Does increased level of defense raise overall defense score?

How are "nearby" buildings affected by defense buildings? Increased by number or percentage?

Are all buildings affected? Including other defense buildings?

Many upper level players have abandoned defense buildings altogether and I can certainly understand why - since their use is vague and not apparent. More of a "hope/faith" that they're doing their jobs rather than something measurable.

This area of the game has been sorely neglected.

Sincerely....

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pendentive View Post
    Can you be more specific as to the use of defense buildings?

I've searched the FAQs, etc. and haven't found anything conclusive...just speculation.

I was able to determine the following:

Increasing level of defense buildings does not prevent or deter raiding
    Increasing level does result in more units lost on those who raid

What is not clear:

Does increased level of defense raise overall defense score?
    yes

How are "nearby" buildings affected by defense buildings? Increased by number or percentage?

Are all buildings affected? Including other defense buildings?
    all buildings w/in defended area.

Many upper level players have abandoned defense buildings altogether and I can certainly understand why - since their use is vague and not apparent. More of a "hope/faith" that they're doing their jobs rather than something measurable.

This area of the game has been sorely neglected.

Sincerely....
    Based on what i've read the forum...

Post Count
    The defense building do contribute to your overall defense score.

In addition, all buildings have an inherent defense ability so when you level up your defense building, as well as the increased level contributing to you overall defense score, the defense score of all the buildings within the defensive perimeter of the defense building are also increased which again adds to your overall defense score.

The building defenses are increase by a number and not a percentage.

The reason why many higher level players have abandoned / not used the defense buildings are because in relation to the defense increases due to the Guild Evants and LTQs, the increases are pretty negligible. In addition, more people are concerned with raising the level of their income buildings before wasting money on the defense buildings upgrades.

Ave Atque Vale

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    It's not the money. It's the opportunity cost of upgrading, since they share the timer with money buildings.

They increase casualties in their defended area, but nobody really cares because they have so many indestructible units. Even when you do suffer casualties the raid still usually pays for them.

If they added % based defense to your overall defense score, they'd be worth it. But they don't, and that would only serve to finally kill pvp. So that won't happen. Just build them, place them wherever because they don't matter. And move on to complaining about something that actually matters.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    been waiting for a new thread on this topic. i have a second profile, added a defense unit that said it was worth 2 and after built - yippee my total defense went up 2! how is that even vaguely valuable? sure it was dirt cheap (though not really if you have to expand your kingdom to fit it)
    id like to see better defense buildings; maybe ones that could actually protect an important $ building if you took the time to upgrade it properly - its the time factor way more important than the gold cost typically

Post Count
    Let me dig up my old spreadsheet with building defense % and defense scores.

These buildings make a difference when it comes to being raided. As long as the enemy HAS destructible units then they are fair game for losses.

But, with the onset of indestructibles, Full WToH 30%, bonus casualty Guilds...then these buildings are starting to lose their gusto.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny0284 View Post
    Let me dig up my old spreadsheet with building defense % and defense scores.

These buildings make a difference when it comes to being raided. As long as the enemy HAS destructible units then they are fair game for losses.

But, with the onset of indestructibles, Full WToH 30%, bonus casualty Guilds...then these buildings are starting to lose their gusto.
    But if they do raise the defense of the money buildings within their radius, then they can help prevent a successful raid by a lower stat player. Probably not by much, but as the money buildings hidden defense grows with each level, it could deflect some raids.
    adding allies: 732-633-110

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Given that these buildings had a original purpose and usage, and gree has not said a word on this. Makes me wonder if with all the changes since gree took the game over from funzio if these buildings were forgot about and now other than minor increess to defence numbers,they do nothing.
    Daily player

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The only thing defense buildings are good for is to fake out attackers on da manors. yeah, I'm that guy.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    The only thing defense buildings are good for is to fake out attackers on da manors. yeah, I'm that guy.
    Well done. It drives me insane. Oh look I finally found one that is open..... NOOOOOOOOO

Post Count
    Well, doubtful it would ever happen, but it would be really nice if Gree made defense buildings worth something. Something to counter that the game for some unknown reason allows someone with attack stats 300,000 inferior to your defense stats to successfully raid you.

All your manor are belong to us.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Well, doubtful it would ever happen, but it would be really nice if Gree made defense buildings worth something. Something to counter that the game for some unknown reason allows someone with attack stats 300,000 inferior to your defense stats to successfully raid you.
    They already have that. It's called collecting on time.

Sorry, Zeno, couldn't resist.

Edit: also, for those rare times when you don't collect on time, there are a few red names on my list that are currently regretting the day they were born.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 07-11-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    They already have that. It's called collecting on time.

Sorry, Zeno, couldn't resist.

Edit: also, for those rare times when you don't collect on time, there are a few red names on my list that are currently regretting the day they were born.
    Ha-ha. I DO collect on time. Except when the gree servers or real life intervenes. And on the rare occasion I fail to collect on time, I fully deserve to be raided... by someone of similar or greater stats than me. Just not by someone vastly inferior.

All your manor are belong to us.

Post Count
    Just be like proczy and have double the second strongest players stats in your battle pool