Recent Update in regards to User Exploits

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recent Update in regards to User Exploits

Post Count

Recent Update in regards to User Exploits

Greetings Everyone,

Our Development/Engineering Teams have brought to us some great news that everyone here at GREE is very proud and happy to share with you all today.

We have paid close attention to everyone's reports via support and here as well in the forums regarding players exploiting cheats to try to get a leg up on players that play the game fairly and legitimately (which we appreciate everyone's help in reporting these users). Our teams have been hard at work on finding out the methods people have been using to exploit certain aspects of the game and making sure we close out those exploits to stop and further prevent future attempts.

Below is a brief detailing on just what has been fixed recently:

Skill Point Exploiting

Our Teams have closed down and fixed an exploit in which players were using certain methods that allowed them to inflate their skill points well beyond what was intended and possible. This has been a thorn for many players for sure and you should now see less of this if at all. If you do still see any players abusing this, please report them and they will be banned.

Item/Unit Exploitations

We've implemented a series of fixes that help ensure players are unable to use methods to add unearned units/items to their accounts, such as honor units for example. This should help reduce any new players looking to inflate their accounts with unearned units. As always, please report any players that you see cheating and we will take care of them.

We hope you all enjoy the news and to continue enjoying Kingdom Age.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tardavic; 07-10-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Good work!

How would we see that players have excessive skill points?

Any news about 60 member guilds?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Good job! And thank you.

Post Count
    Well Sirius, any news is good new in regards to the above but im bewildered as to the comment :

This should help reduce any new players looking to inflate their accounts with unearned units

NEW Players , what about the players that have already done this ? have you reduced their stats and units accordingly ?
    Also the Guild issue is still unanswered and outstanding, but Gree is taking steps in the right direction and you never know we all may get along nicely soon.
    also whilst the FIX list is being attended to.....Transfers to other devices ? am still not 100% confident in this yet ?

As usual appreciate your time and effort in these matters

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    Well Sirius, any news is good new in regards to the above but im bewildered as to the comment :

This should help reduce any new players looking to inflate their accounts with unearned units

NEW Players , what about the players that have already done this ? have you reduced their stats and units accordingly ?
    Also the Guild issue is still unanswered and outstanding, but Gree is taking steps in the right direction and you never know we all may get along nicely soon.
    also whilst the FIX list is being attended to.....Transfers to other devices ? am still not 100% confident in this yet ?

As usual appreciate your time and effort in these matters
    This means that new players wont be able to take advantage of this, but it does not mean we are not using our tools etc. in tracking these folks down and banning them. This also means we need everyone to keep the reporting up so we can make sure none fall through the cracks.

We are working on the guild issue and should have some real information to share soon.

We have noted that currently the ''New'' transfer method is not ideal and we are looking into alternatives.

~Sirius

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    This means that new players wont be able to take advantage of this, but it does not mean we are not using our tools etc. in tracking these folks down and banning them. This also means we need everyone to keep the reporting up so we can make sure none fall through the cracks.

We are working on the guild issue and should have some real information to share soon.

We have noted that currently the ''New'' transfer method is not ideal and we are looking into alternatives.

~Sirius
    Look forward to you sharing with us soon, as we all try to move forward together....how about an update on this NEW Guild Boss ....please
    Thanks for the quick reply

Post Count
    I will see what we can get up for folks regarding the new guild boss.

~Sirius

Post Count
    Greetings Everyone,

Item/Unit Exploitations

We've implemented a series of fixes that help ensure players are unable to use methods to add unearned units/items to their accounts, such as honor units for example. This should help reduce any new players looking to inflate their accounts with unearned units. As always, please report any players that you see cheating and we will take care of them.

We hope you all enjoy the news and to continue enjoying Kingdom Age.

Thanks!

~Sirius
    That seems kind of stupid. It's so easy to tell if someone has hacked honor to get units. I've seen a profile where a person had around 1300 Voracious Abominations and considering their number of wins, would have had to get 4,000 honor per attack.

Good work on your team closing the exploits, Sirius. Honest players everywhere are rejoicing.
    "I make no apologies for the way I play the game.
    It's not my fault if you are weaker than I.
    It's yours. Don't whine about it. Fix it."

Lurker
    Post Count
    This is hopefully a good spot to post this...if someone could please help me I would really appreciate it, my wife and I have 3 devices between us and we play 1 device together but we lost about 600 gems and cannot think of how or why. Tried to contact support from that device but says I have to have an email on the account?? I don't know how to do that when it looks like its already there..please I doubt its possible but would like to try to get them before war...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Faded b View Post
    This is hopefully a good spot to post this...if someone could please help me I would really appreciate it, my wife and I have 3 devices between us and we play 1 device together but we lost about 600 gems and cannot think of how or why. Tried to contact support from that device but says I have to have an email on the account?? I don't know how to do that when it looks like its already there..please I doubt its possible but would like to try to get them before war...
    Faded b, I'm sending you a PM since you can't make a thread and we don't want to hijack this thread.
    "I make no apologies for the way I play the game.
    It's not my fault if you are weaker than I.
    It's yours. Don't whine about it. Fix it."

Articulate Author Colony Colonel's Avatar
    Post Count
    Great work team GREE!

Post Count

missing skill points

Greetings Everyone,

Our Development/Engineering Teams have brought to us some great news that everyone here at GREE is very proud and happy to share with you all today.

We have paid close attention to everyone's reports via support and here as well in the forums regarding players exploiting cheats to try to get a leg up on players that play the game fairly and legitimately (which we appreciate everyone's help in reporting these users). Our teams have been hard at work on finding out the methods people have been using to exploit certain aspects of the game and making sure we close out those exploits to stop and further prevent future attempts.

Below is a brief detailing on just what has been fixed recently:

Skill Point Exploiting
    Our Teams have closed down and fixed an exploit in which players were using certain methods that allowed them to inflate their skill points well beyond what was intended and possible. This has been a thorn for many players for sure and you should now see less of this if at all. If you do still see any players abusing this, please report them and they will be banned.
    I completed level 4 of Nomadic Encampment and received 1 skill point. I already had 1 skill point so I should have 2 total so I can add one point to my hero strength. But my profile only showed one skill point.

I sent a ticket (twice) to get this corrected. I also did not receive a skill point for mastering level 4 of The Barrens.

I received a response that GREE was working on it but no information on an estimated time frame for the correction. Your notice mentions that you have corrected the issues with skill points but what about missing skill points that were earned. It's not difficult to check my history and credit my kingdom with the missing skill points.

It's been three weeks.

Post Count
    GREE keep improving the game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Goodwork acknowledging the issue and moving it along. Thanks!!!

Post Count
    I appreciate the work by GREE on keeping the game clean and keeping us informed of your progress.

However, wouldn't it be an easy thing on your end to determine who is hacking skill points? If sum of a player's skill points is more than what his level would allow, he's obtained points outside of the scope of the game. This data is stored on your servers, yes? One query to your database should be able to red-flag every player who is outside the boundaries.