War of Nations Alliance for MW Players - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: War of Nations Alliance for MW Players

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Post Count
    One might see themselves giving it more attention than they expected but I wouldn't consider it requiring alot. Everything is busy upgrading/ building. Sure they got events, but giving it being soo early in the game, don't have to slave to it like you do in MW. The events in MW are what killed it for me there. Just too much,it's not even back to back, another starts before one is even finished.
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Banned
    Post Count
    Man beast can I join?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    PM sent manbeast.

Because I have oh so much extra time on my hands for yet another world in yet another game ...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by honest Abe View Post
    I refuse to download any more gree games
    I was with you...but then i broke in the hopes of playing with some of the friends i don't see very often.
    The good news is it isn't heaviily geared towards spending money like MW (i'm goiong 100% free)
    I wouldn't have guessed this was a gree game if i didn't know any better.
    I don't know how much long term play it honestly has...which i think might be a good thing for many.
    When you get tired you can stop...and then just start in a new world.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Join us.. Escape the nonstop hustle in modern war.

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Post Count
    I see more and more disliking MW, join us in war of nations, escape the nonstop events. Check out something new

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm starting to like WoN. It still has a prison yard meets lord of the flies vibe (with youtube quality conversations in world chat) but there's still potential.

Post Count
    WoN is just horrible, I played for 2 weeks and deleted it. The interation with other players is too limited, the only fun is to gang up on someone to kick his butt. You cannot exchange, there is no market, everything has to be purchased from Gree. There are several other titles were you can send resources to other players, buy and sell, etc, but eventually the server (or world) will die in a couple months due to canibalization. And the mechanics of the game seems broken, the only way to get points is to bother others, bothering others will always provide you a loss, as there is no real gain of resources doing so. I see WoN being much more limited to free and light gold spenders than MW, and your "investment" much more short-lived if you are a heavy gold spender.
    Dark Lady of The Sith
    ID#:461 691 789
    Finished:
    84 in France (target was faction quest)
    116 in India (target was faction quest)
    45 in Canada
    39 in Australia
    237 in Poland (free/light gold)
    67 in Madagascar
    93 in Colombia
    58 in Ireland
    68 in China
    72 in Egypt
    80 in Greenland

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Selfproclaimed View Post
    ...escape the nonstop events. Check out something new
    WoN is nonstop. In MW if you go for vacations, your buildings, units and level wont go anywhere. You wont level and still will be matched with same level folks. You will just get raided. But in WoN, if you stop for a brief time all your neighbours will be much powerful than you and will wipe you out.

WoN is not new, there are several titles using same game model, where players share a map. And they keep creating worlds as new players cannot go against the old ones. People get wiped and them move to newer server, leaving the gold spenders alone. Everybody loses! Sounds familiar?
    Dark Lady of The Sith
    Finished:
    45 in Canada
    39 in Australia
    67 in Madagascar
    93 in Colombia
    58 in Ireland
    68 in China
    72 in Egypt
    80 in Greenland

Post Count
    If you'll notice the words I used...nonstop EVENTS.... Their is not one event after another after another over there. There is however one after another in MW. In any game if you take a week break from it altogether, of course your going to fall behind, in MW ,won, any game. And I didnt say the GAME STYLE is new. The game itself is relatively new, it was released to other countries first before it had gotten recently released in the U.S. I didnt post for you to argue with me because you have some hatred for the game. I've been playing MW for 2 years, I've spent plenty of money there, and WoN is just another gree game but it is at least a game that isn't something I've been playing for 2 years. If you want to go by game style , then you can compare MW to farmland from Facebook. Same concept, just one is farming and one is war. Don't be such a killjoy

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lady View Post
    WoN is just horrible, I played for 2 weeks and deleted it. The interation with other players is too limited, the only fun is to gang up on someone to kick his butt. You cannot exchange, there is no market, everything has to be purchased from Gree. There are several other titles were you can send resources to other players, buy and sell, etc, but eventually the server (or world) will die in a couple months due to canibalization. And the mechanics of the game seems broken, the only way to get points is to bother others, bothering others will always provide you a loss, as there is no real gain of resources doing so. I see WoN being much more limited to free and light gold spenders than MW, and your "investment" much more short-lived if you are a heavy gold spender.
    I agree with multiple points you have made. The interaction is limited and that needs to improve (although getting to play with friends is the great part and we have our other means of communication). I'm sure gree will fix this as it is the bigges issue in the game right now.

I don't see the need for a market to exchange goods. Like you said its a different game. You have renegade outposts to attack if you need anything. There is some strategy involved in this as you can certainly gain lots by attacking renegades while lvl up your commanders.

Now as for the world dying of canibalization i completely agree. It will happen over time. How much time will determine what gree does to balance the game. If they add communication then teams can unit and focus on holding off the "PUNs" of the game. You are not invicible in that game and while money can help you a free player can complete right alongside of a Gold Player (something that isn't possible in MW)

Attacking does provide losses but thats part of the mechanics (something that i think MW is now missing). There are no invicible armies so its about communication and teamwork. I would argue that Free and Light Gold spenders have a better chance in this game than any other gree title to date (well i haven't played K&D). As for Heavy gold spenders i agree. The game will have a life...spend on it for entertainment just as you would MW but realize that a world won't be around for 2 years. (which i think is the draw for many of the players...knowing that it will have a life and it won't drag on)

Just my perspective. I think it has potential and could use some of the great people from MW to make the game great in the forums and information sharing we see in MW.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Lol, you were doing such a good advertisement that I have to balance it somehow. You are very excited as it is something new for you and assessment is biased as mine, as I didnt like it... Yes I pointed all the drawbacks, not a single good thing about it. But anyway I would like to hear from you 1 month from now to check if you still think same way. Good luck!
    Dark Lady of The Sith
    Finished:
    45 in Canada
    39 in Australia
    67 in Madagascar
    93 in Colombia
    58 in Ireland
    68 in China
    72 in Egypt
    80 in Greenland

Post Count
    I didnt say the game was great nor am I even acting slightly excited about it. It's just something new to play. There are aspects I like and dislike with every game. In a month will I still like it,who knows. I don't really care if I do or don't like it in a month. If I stop enjoying something, I take a break, if it makes me fall behind or completely lose interest, so be it. In a way I don't want a game that will bring me in to play for another 2 years on a game. I want to get what lil joy I can out of before being on my merry way to something else.

My advertisement is directed to all the forum veterans. Most know me and have the same feeling about MW as I do. We're burnt out, just some of us haven't cut back or quit it yet. So I offer an alternative to all the people I've grown accustom to playing with.

Post Count
    Did anyone ever play Evony online? War of Nations is like a clone of it.
    MW Name: Bigus
    "I have a wife, you know. You know what she's called? She's called... 'Incontinentia'... Incontinentia Buttocks"

Alpha NPI Legacy

Post Count
    Been playing a little bit Manbeast. I'll send a request. Thanks.