Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by overcire View Post
    to defend eunuchorn (who imo should be able to say what he wants on gree's forums - if he had bought shares rather than gems he could own them) he was mostly remarking at the necessity to buy the same cape more than once.

If you buy a cape you can equip it on as many knights as you fancy. If you do not even know that about the game, what gives you the authority to call some one else a hacker?

I was humbled when I called some one out, my argument was weak and if I had done some research I could have disproved it myself.

Be careful, starting witch hunts never end well. Gree does seem to be working behind the scenes to kick people who do not want to play by the rules, and they know those rules better than even us forum dwellers
    ^+1
    very well said, i agree that OP has no idea what hes talking about and apparently can't read

XBC-PXC-RWB
    Feel Free To Add Me
    IGN: Lobsta

POINT BLANK GUILD
    GUILD CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by overcire View Post
    to defend eunuchorn (who imo should be able to say what he wants on gree's forums - if he had bought shares rather than gems he could own them)
    Lol, this just made my day... too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    Do you have proof of that #? Because I saw an interview w/ some of the high ups of Kandy Krush, & that game makes 2-3 mil PER DAY. I hope Gree is doing better than that. I know their other games must be based on war results.
    I dn't tbh but this is the figue after when they launch this game for about two weeks. So I gusse it is much higher now! This game makes no where close to the likes of MM and CC but it's probably going to in the future.

A word about other hackers: even if they exist in this game, as long as they don't do something so obvious, it is not quite possible to detect them with 100% accuracy. GREE might want to devote more energy to game development and marketing. These hackers can sometimes act as motivator or stimulator to push others to buy gems and open DPC...
    Last edited by maple1736; 07-08-2013 at 12:37 AM.
    War of Nations:

World 12:

Praetorian Guard Officer
    PG_MapLes

PS here's my alt:
    Oh wow... If you make another alt, name it something like "Number1Customer".

The last time I've spent more than $75 on a computer game must have been 20+ years ago. (though League of Legends is now getting close to that mark... And on the other hand, I spend $75-150/month on anime just like that...)
    I did just drop the remaining funds of a pre-paid creditcard on the gem sale to buy 95 of them though, so I did my part to support this game.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by maple1736 View Post
    A word about other hackers: even if they exist in this game, as long as they don't do something so obvious, it is not quite possible to detect them with 100% accuracy.
    Simple solution: move all intelligence out of the client and onto the server.
    Then the client is just there to accept user input, send it to the server and then after the server has verified the correctness of the input and calculated the result, receive a command from the server exactly what to render on screen.
    To do that all in realtime, of course a much beefier server is needed, though then the server should be able to reject impossible/fake input from the client or maybe even issue auto-bans if such fake input attempts happens too often.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    of course a much beefier server is needed, though then the server should be able to reject impossible/fake input from the client or maybe even issue auto-bans if such fake input attempts happens too often.
    AFAIK this is in the works is it not? I think Wise One said as much to that guy that opened a bunch of dpc and didn't like what he got, not sure if the post is still around tho.

How to recognize a hacker:

His name is Hyperziz and he is stupid enough to create a thread where he shows what and how he hacked xD
    Lvl 11x Daily player. Add me, if lvl 100+ i'll accept, below 100 please send a PM. XBB-YDQ-DVY

Jamie, I am with you. Lots of hackers in the game weekly. The cape believe it or not does get purchased by some of the big spenders in the game like Euny. You are on the right track though. Those people with improbably amounts of arena points or lowly armor that dishes out 1000pts damage or all of a sudden boasts they have 9 black K armors from chests are most likely cheating. gree seem to catch them in batches meaning we will go several weeks with suspected hackers and then all of a sudden they all get banned. They could be much more efficient in identifying them and also unfortunately they don't do anything with guilds that benefit from hackers either so in a way it encourages people to hack with a jailbreak device and donate a ton to the guild and if that account gets banned the guild and their main characters have already indirectly benefitted. Until gree resets guilds that benefits from members that hack, we will just have to live with it.
    IGN: Dragon
    Friend Code: XBB-MQV-GFX
    LEVEL:100+
    Guild: CENTURIONS
    PM me if you want to add me as a friend. My list is pretty full and I have to go through hundreds of requests.

Simple solution: move all intelligence out of the client and onto the server.
    Then the client is just there to accept user input, send it to the server and then after the server has verified the correctness of the input and calculated the result, receive a command from the server exactly what to render on screen.
    To do that all in realtime, of course a much beefier server is needed, though then the server should be able to reject impossible/fake input from the client or maybe even issue auto-bans if such fake input attempts happens too often.
    It's, you are absolutely right! But don't think GREE will change it as there is a tradeoff. Also, it might increase client mobile data down/upload so not everyone will welcome that...
    War of Nations:

World 12:

Praetorian Guard Officer
    PG_MapLes

Quote Originally Posted by maple1736 View Post
    Also, it might increase client mobile data down/upload so not everyone will welcome that...
    Well...
    - FPS games long, long ago used to be played over dialup modems
    - on the PC I mostly play the "MOBA" game League of Legends. A lot more goes on per second in it than in this game, yet the downstream data for a ~35 minute game captured by its external replay program is only about 10 Mbyte, so I would very much doubt that a fully thin client - server version of KnD would produce more than a few megabytes of traffic per hour of constant tapping...

...so I would very much doubt that a fully thin client - server version of KnD would produce more than a few megabytes of traffic per hour of constant tapping...
    Which is quite a lot over a month, too much for a mobile game imho when many fair usage data limits are ~500mb.

( Currently my android version will not reliably save my progress when on wifi, so I must stick to mobile data :/ )

Quote Originally Posted by Grruumm View Post
    Which is quite a lot over a month, too much for a mobile game imho when many fair usage data limits are ~500mb.
    Well, I mentioned "constant tapping" as extreme case. (or are people actually spending multiple playtime hours per day farming and boss/arena/friend battling? For me it's just few minutes burst followed by long "almost no data" gaps to let gold and/or knights recover, crafting to finish etc.)

But those usage limits are just trolling... If I watch a game stream over wifi or ethernet, I burn through that in 1 or 2 hours. No idea why they're rolling out next gen mobile networks when they're not giving people the capacity to make full use of those... </rant>

Well, I mentioned "constant tapping" as extreme case. (or are people actually spending multiple playtime hours per day farming and boss/arena/friend battling? For me it's just few minutes burst followed by long "almost no data" gaps to let gold and/or knights recover, crafting to finish etc.)

But those usage limits are just trolling... If I watch a game stream over wifi or ethernet, I burn through that in 1 or 2 hours. No idea why they're rolling out next gen mobile networks when they're not giving people the capacity to make full use of those... </rant>
    Same reason the US want to bring free wireless Internet to the continent of Africa while gouging is w/ high fees & dead zones. Same reason we pay for food & energy (these could have been globally free hundreds of times over a long time ago). Economy based societies are a real b*tch. Please stop voting.

As to guilds benefitting from hackers, Gree won't do anything about this, too many innocent players in the group contributing, Gree would have a major PR issue & possibly a lawsuit on their hands for punishing people who very well could have paid money for gold/gems. I have personally spent a few thousand gems on gold & silver chests to aid w/ fusion guild quests etc. I was in a MW guild & the GM had a jailbroken phone & was donating billions a day for months before Gree banned him. Guild didn't get touched.

Explains why your guild levels so fast then!

@quantumace If you go read my 12 pages of posts since I joined forum you would see I'm quite condescending & blunt. What's worse is he took my answer, and such as is typical of any egoistic human (all of you), didn't even actually try to comprehend what he read or why I was being so antagonistic. He merely repeat himself. I hate this world.
    The condescending & blunt part I totally get. I havent been on the forums much in the last several weeks, so I just thought it was odd that you ignored the overall point of his post, and just refuted specific details.