GREE: You should read this and implement!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GREE: You should read this and implement!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

GREE: You should read this and implement!

I am going to give you some "golden" ideas that will increase your revenue. You've already got it good but you have some room to grow. So here it goes:

1. Just increase cost of medpack to 50 gold or make it so that a refill only gives 2 additional hits per refill. No worries Gree, you have people hooked. They can't give up their precious spots on the leaderboard. They view their (yours in reality) accounts as investments. They fear to lose on their investment by not continuing to do as they have in the past. So raise the cost and watch the money pour into your bank account.

2. Make a new option in the attack screen during WD. In addition, to attack and power attack, have a third option called lets say "Sneak Attack". This option requires a full health bar too but comes with a game of chance. You can have positive and negative rolls of the dice each time this option is selected. A player may increase their WD points on a single target by say 2x,3x,4X,5x, etc. But as with any game of chance you might could lose. Lets say throw in one 0.5 or 0.25 modifier and you get your points cut in half or by a fourth. People love a game of chance. This in addition to 50 gold costs for medpack. Watch the profits soar.

3. Make some LE buildings that not only require gold to buy but gold to upgrade for some high stat units. Quit giving away all these nice buildings for free. People will still buy them. They have to...too much invested for someone just starting out to be able to catch up on stats.

4. Add a small modifier to the end prize in normal and prestige mode LTQ prizes. Players love boost units. You have players right now not doing LTQs because of the fear of too much XP gain versus "poor" reward. Add some modifiers and watch the gold fly! And while your at it, stop letting the players outsmart you with this pre-staging nonsense. Reset the missions back to zero for all targets when you do the data push for a LTQ. Why let people get this stuff for free. Once again, the boost unit is the key to it though. Without the boost it won't work. More money, more money!

5. Boss events - same as #4. People dont spend gold on bosses because some can do it for free and others see other events with less financial demand to get same stat increase. You put a boost unit at the end of 50 bosses and i guarantee the dollars will flow! Yes some campers will get them for free but thats the beauty of it. Your top players above L150 will know this and will have to spend to get same boosts! Pure Genius!

Gree - I hope that my ideas have enlightened you and that I have shown you the way to increased profits. I love your little game and want it to be around a long time. I know it takes money to support it so i have given you this gift to ensure its survival!

If you need additional ideas, you know where to find me!

Service Announcement - compliments of the Evil Mastermind
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-05-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    How about lower the cost of a medpack to 10 gold or give 8 hits per refill at 25 gold. And how about adding 10 percent of the total points earned by a faction in a battle to their totals if they win the battle. if you decide to do a gold only building and upgrade only allow the building to produce as much gold up to a certain amount as that player has on hand in his account. If he is raided and losses take the gold from his account that will make him spend more gold to make his army stronger.Why reset the missions? Some people do pre stage and some are trying to complete the missions to level 5, if you reset your affecting your customer base and pushing them away.
    I don't love the game but I do like it a lot as I have a real life.
    Not insulting the OP but their are other view points and the top players as rich or powerful as they are need the light gold and free players to sustain the game.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Players will undoubtedly disagree with my post for fear of some of these changes actually happening. Trust me Gree...you have nothing to worry about except a little more complaining but it won't stop the spending!

In the words of Cuba Gooding Jr in Jerry Maguire...

Gree.... I am showing you the MONEY!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I like it!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    How about lower the cost of a medpack to 10 gold or give 8 hits per refill at 25 gold. And how about adding 10 percent of the total points earned by a faction in a battle to their totals if they win the battle. if you decide to do a gold only building and upgrade only allow the building to produce as much gold up to a certain amount as that player has on hand in his account. If he is raided and losses take the gold from his account that will make him spend more gold to make his army stronger.Why reset the missions? Some people do pre stage and some are trying to complete the missions to level 5, if you reset your affecting your customer base and pushing them away.
    I don't love the game but I do like it a lot as I have a real life.
    Not insulting the OP but their are other view points and the top players as rich or powerful as they are need the light gold and free players to sustain the game.
    I understand but the players in all the Top25 teams and above in world domination are the ones funding this game. Light gold players are not bringing in the mooolah to sustain it! None of those players mentioned above will quit with my changes implemented. They will gripe and complain....yet Gree profits will soar to new heights! They have too much "invested" to walk away.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have much invested more than you would believe. Don't let post counts or alias's fool you. I agree the top will continue to spend so make it a change that is a standard for top 25 teams. Your ideas may in fact create a change in the top and a new initiative to push harder. However if you were to count the spenders in the top 25 and those from the top 50 down I would imagine the total spent are not that far apart. There are players in the 50 and down range who spend an equal amount to some players in the top 25. For whatever reason they chose to stay where they are with aspirations to go further or out of loyalty to the team. There are thousands of players in this game basing it on the actions of the ever changing top 25 is unrealistic.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    I have much invested more than you would believe. Don't let post counts or alias's fool you. I agree the top will continue to spend so make it a change that is a standard for top 25 teams. Your ideas may in fact create a change in the top and a new initiative to push harder. However if you were to count the spenders in the top 25 and those from the top 50 down I would imagine the total spent are not that far apart. There are players in the 50 and down range who spend an equal amount to some players in the top 25. For whatever reason they chose to stay where they are with aspirations to go further or out of loyalty to the team. There are thousands of players in this game basing it on the actions of the ever changing top 25 is unrealistic.
    While my arbitrary selection of top25 may be a little grossly inaccurate, I think you see my point. All I am trying to do is help the developer of this fantastic game.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree

I hope that this would be easy enough to grasp but in case it isn't... My little ideas will work for CC, KA, and MQ too.

You're welcome!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I have one more behemoth of an idea but I will allow the ones in my first post a little while to be digested before I give you the true GOLDEN egg!

Check back often as I will continue to enlighten and amaze!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

ridiculous

I completely disagree with #1, gree might get some money but in my opinion they would lose a lot of light gold users. I'm confused on #2, it should stay the same. With #3 if gree were to do that, they should also do one for money, so theirs both money and gold. #4 is completely outrageous! I prestage for all the LTQs, if gree were to take this away there would be a riot on the forums and more people would quit. #5 really doesn't effect much other than a boost unit after boss #50. I hate the idea of all these. Were thinking of the players at all while you were writing this?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't know View Post
    I completely disagree with #1, gree might get some money but in my opinion they would lose a lot of light gold users. I'm confused on #2, it should stay the same. With #3 if gree were to do that, they should also do one for money, so theirs both money and gold. #4 is completely outrageous! I prestage for all the LTQs, if gree were to take this away there would be a riot on the forums and more people would quit. #5 really doesn't effect much other than a boost unit after boss #50. I hate the idea of all these. Were thinking of the players at all while you were writing this?
    Thank you for creating a new account to respond to my post. Obviously, you don't understand that light gold players aren't driving this game. Light gold players don't score millions of WD points. Apparently #2 is just too cutting edge for some to grasp. Why should you be able to pre-stage? That's no different than glitching or h*acking. It's obtaining an advantage over Gree without paying for it. A player thinking pre-staging is ok is a player's rationalization for playing outside of Gree's intended play for the event. Obviously my interest was for Gree's sustainability ...not the light gold or free player.

NEXT!
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    @ I don't know...... May be a bit of sarcasm going on mate !

Another option is instead of gree giving you a daily bonus, they could make us pay 10 gold for the right to play their game for 24 hours.....

( not a new player but new to this forum )

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Wasn't me mate,hard enough to maintain one persona. Again not trying to offend just offering another opinion. I sure there will be others to agree and disagree.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This doesn't make sense to me, Some of your changes increase the value of gold like 3 4 5 and 1 depreciates the value of gold. 2 is adding a gambling factor which is already there(boxes/crate events) but is a more direct method.
    I don't see why you believe this would increase spending? It may lower total WD points factions gather...but if everyone spends like they do now rankings will not change, so that doesn't really increase revenue.

Increasing revenue should be based on increasing users(all types of users free/light spending/heavy spending) and should be based on making the game a better experience....I don't see how any of your changes do this.

I may be misunderstanding your changes but I don't get how these changes would change overall spending. Do people spend on the basis of what there getting, or what there getting in relevance to whats available? If the first is true then would believe people have been spending more now then since the start of WD events due the their stats inflating substantially? I would say the overall spending has probably decreased in recent WD events but that's just a assumption and could be wrong. I say this because of the WD and other events becoming stale(lowering gaming experience and possibly decreasing the user base) and also due to the massive increase in hacking in the last 8 months or so.
    MW ID 531 066 064

Banned
    Post Count
    Crazy! Get outta this game! Unless you work for gree why are you doing this?