Attack Points for Losses!

Riddle me this, how is it that you get attack points if you lose an offensive attack, but receive nothing if you successfully win against an attacker? That is a load of...

I agree with you to a certain point but they are called "attack" points and not "defense" points. Would be nice though and would be very helpful to lower level players.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
    Would be nice though and would be very helpful to lower level players.
    This would certainly ease the pain of being stepped on all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

you shouldn't get any pts for a failed attack.

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Gotta agree, failed attacks shouldn't be getting attack points. I had a guy attack me 17 times a couple nights ago. He only won 2 of the battles. But he kept attacking because he was getting good attack points even for losing. Soo I had to suffer a HUGGGE unit loss and I didnt get nothing for it but a headache.
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Quote Originally Posted by cook976 View Post
    Riddle me this, how is it that you get attack points if you lose an offensive attack, but receive nothing if you successfully win against an attacker? That is a load of...
    That greatly annoyed me. Especially while capturing/ destroying somebody else's base. If someone happened to attack that base whilst your were occupying it, your army fought off the attackers and you got 100% of the losses it's out any recognition!.

Quote Originally Posted by Selfproclaimed View Post
    Gotta agree, failed attacks shouldn't be getting attack points. I had a guy attack me 17 times a couple nights ago. He only won 2 of the battles. But he kept attacking because he was getting good attack points even for losing. Soo I had to suffer a HUGGGE unit loss and I didnt get nothing for it but a headache.
    Seems 100% logical that you should have been rewarded more than a headache for defending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

its attack points...so it makes sence that you only get them from attacking.

I think they are doing this in an attemp to promote fighting in the game...if you know you need to attack to get the ap then your alot less likely to sit with your troops in your base doing nothing for events and waiting for someone to attack you... you go out and do whatever you can to get the jump on other players

...there is a few tricks to farm ap from someone who is attacking your base...but atm those are considred trade secrets im afraid

You absolutely should get points for a failed attack. Not much, but some. Think about a real life battle- if you fail, a good commander will take something away and learn from the loss, applying that knowledge to future battles.

Typing away in an old Cold War missile silo.
    We should definitely earn points for winning a defensive fight. I held off a guy five levels above me and won twice, with nothing to show except a couple less mechs in the end.
    |Trophy Case|
    Dust, a few rubles, cobwebs, gum wrappers, obsolete units

Quote Originally Posted by Selfproclaimed View Post
    So... I am attacking player with 1000 hawks, he has some choppers and they are destroying some ( like 50 hawks) more... I have 450 hawks after attack... However, I have 1mill value lost, and player from another side 950k value lost... but he lost ALL his units and I have 550 hawks left... and I shouldn't get any AP in that way? (I had that issue many times, have about 3k hawks now and attacking only with them...)
    Last edited by A3OT; 07-08-2013 at 10:01 PM.
    Non-Modern War player, War of Nations only!

I like the way this is set up

I believe it was Sung Su who said "Many a commander has lost the battle but won the war"

I am from Texas. The Alamo was a complete loss for those involved but hurt Santa Anna so badly that the Battle of San Jacinto was a turkey shoot for Sam Houston.