iOS game transfer - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS game transfer

Lurker
    Post Count
    So for us that already set up our new device what's the plan? Do I need to reset it and start all over???

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericinico View Post
    The game data files are associated with the device and account. Meaning that when you install MW the app size my be 300MB. When you buy a building it may increase to 310MB. The app data is saved in your backup. So when you restore from the backup the data associated with your base is saved. The GREE server allegedly notices that the data on your device is the same account as the data associated with an account on their servers and links the device to that account. Allegedly.When I get my new phone ill post and let everyone know.
    I have done exactly this and when I pulled up my account on my brand new iPhone it couldn't find my account. I would say this method DOES NOT WORK. I'm seriously upset. This may be my first post but I've been a long, long time lurker and I've been using since the game first came out. Gree will not reply to my ticket.

Lurker
    Post Count

Angry VERY poor support from Gree

I had purchased a new ipad. Backed up the old ipad to iCloud and then restored it to the new ipad. Everything transferred, except MW.
    I booked a ticket on the 13th June Ticket#657577
    Sent a followup on the 19th as I had no reply (except the acknowledgement one).
    22nd June got a response asking if I still had the problem (yes as they have not done anything)
    Replied that I did still have the problem.

Nothing heard, went to Funzio website and filled in the online contact form about the poor response form support.

22nd received a reply telling me that the in game transfer did not work and that I needed to restore from iCloud. Replied back (22nd) that this is exactly what I had done and that it did not work.
    Deleted the game off the new ipad, did another backup to icloud and tried to restore tot he new ipad.....DID NOT WORK !!!! emailed them on the 23rd to advise them of this.
    Nothing in reply.....
    Emailed again a WTF on the 26th, 28th and again the 2nd July, still NOTHING.
    I have spend several hundres dollars on this game and have a lot of time and effort in it. I do not want to let my faction down, so I had to carry around 2 iPads for the past 3 weeks to continue playing.

How poor is it for a game maker to change the way they transfer a game, by keeping the old transfer system that does not work, yet offer no way for people to transfer it ?
    I am almost at a point of disputing all the gold purchased on my credit card and telling Gree to F..koff !!!
    FIX THE GAME GREE this is pathetic.

Post Count
    anyone have experience with IEXPLORER or APPTRANS?

popular with angry birds players for transferring app and app data from one ios device to another. downside is i don't know if its allowed for MW. contacted devs but no response so i'll ask you tech geeks.
    Strength & Honor
    top 50 (32) in Canada!
    top 75 (59) in Australia
    top 100 (92) in Poland
    top 100 (86) in Madagascar
    top 250 (108) in Colombia

recruiting now!

Post Count
    I'm having this problem also. So frustrating. Wish I would have see this thread yesterday. Would be so nice for Gree to fix the problem.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Well I've now totally reset my iPhone 5 twice and restored it from the cloud (off my old iphone 4 backup). It still doesn't give me the option to transfer the game. This sucks...

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by helloooOonurse View Post
    anyone have experience with IEXPLORER or APPTRANS?

popular with angry birds players for transferring app and app data from one ios device to another. downside is i don't know if its allowed for MW. contacted devs but no response so i'll ask you tech geeks.
    I tried with PhoneView last night and had no luck getting that I work.

Post Count
    The backup/restore method does not work for MW or CC. It should work for KA and MQ. It is possible that has changed, but I doubt it. This was a bad design decision by Funzio and is not easily fixed. Also, if you do a backup, don't encrypt it or you probably won't be able to open the app at all. Gree might still be able to transfer it manually if you have the account ID and the old and new device UDID, but it could take several weeks for that to happen.

Lurker
    Post Count
    And don't bother with IEXPLORER or APPTRANS, they are both a bust. Looks like I'll have to just sit on my thumb until they respond to my ticket... Either that or this is just a sign to delete the app and move on.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Would be real nice if an admin came on here and gave us the lowdown. One would have thought they would have responded to this by now.
    (and admin if you do respond, please don't close the thread.)

Looking like they got around 2 months to sort this b4 a new iPhone is released, if its not sorted by then, there will be a lot of empty bases sitting around. seeing as it probably been a month and i still haven't got my 300 gold yet I'm not optimistic. (I've stopped buying gold till they settle the 300)

Lurker
    Post Count
    Well judging by how they handled my only other issue (not being able to buy the expensive trees - which they never responded back after I told them it still wasn't working), I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll hang on for a little while longer but if something doesn't happen soon then I'm going to just move on and and find another game to play.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Still no reply from Gree, no wonder their stock price is tanking, give crappy service people WILL STOP
    SPENDING MONEY AND LEAVE !!!

Post Count
    I must have been very lucky. I sent a ticket to have my account transferred from my iphone to my ipad and it was done after 2 hours which was amazing!!!
    MGB
    Join And Win

TOP 400 FACTION
    Health Regen -26%
    Infantry Defense +20%
    Infantry Attack +5%
    Ground Defense +10%
    Air Defense +10%
    Sea Defense +5%
    Building Defense +15%
    Building Output +10%
    Guild Increase +20

Faction ID 644 239 387

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Mogszee - Are you sure you don't work for gree?
    Or maybe one of your relatives works for them?

Banned
    Post Count
    i've been able to transfer peoples accounts while sitting on my couch and they live in a different states or country's. Not sure why gree cant do this.