iOS game transfer

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS game transfer

Articulate Author
    Post Count

iOS game transfer

Is the in game funzio id game transfer still a viable method to transfer game from old device to new device? Anyone done a transfer recently? or do i need to send in a ticket with support now with all the details of new device such as udid and old device?

Banned
    Post Count
    there is no effective way to transfer the game on your own. Gree put up instructions worse than a Japanese stereo installation manual. you may have to contact Apple directly. Gree can help but seeing it takes months for some tickets to get even looked at, you might try apple first.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    One of our main war heroes transferred their game the day of the way, and has yet to hear back from Gree. It's unfortunate they changed the way to transfer the game from something that in my opinion worked really well, to something that doesn't work at all. I hope it's being looked at, as I can't imagine that too many people who had to sit out the war are happy..

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think it was posted in another thread that it was not Gree's decision to change how it was done. Apple was the one who forced the change, if I remember correctly.

Lurker
    Post Count

I just had the same issues

I just had this issue. Took about 10 days and 4 tickets to get this worked out. Sent in a ticket with all of my old and new info and they swapped my accounts back over. However, i cannot get tapjoy to give me free gold anymore. Anybody know how to go about syncing tapjoy back up to my account?

Lurker
    Post Count
    I just upgraded phones and I can not get mine to transfer. It's driving me crazy...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    CJ54 said on these forums months ago that GREE was working at a simplified transfer system. That has still not come to pass. What bothers me is not who initiated the change, but that it was rolled out with instructions from Sirius telling people to do it (some of whom lost accounts, as I know of NO ONE who has successfully transferred recently) and with a statement from a GREE employee that it was done in the interest of simplification for players. Next time, let's just stick with: Apple made us do it, and for now you cannot transfer. One further suggestion, for planning purposes, where you all really went wrong--over against the way you handled the lack of name changes for 2 months--was in not telling us this was coming a week in advance...most of us who utilize transfers could have prepared.

Post Count
    To make it perfectly clear, Gree is lying when they say you can transfer your game. They knew this was coming, Apple made them do it, but as usual they not only didn't do it right, they actually made it worse by conning people into trying it. This company shows nothing but contempt for its customers, they forget there are people out here who know the real story. Pathetic!

Lurker
    Post Count

Transfering

So, this maybe stupid but I've backed up both my phone and iPad to the cloud gone into settings and into the funzio tab to transfer. The same dang message keeps coming up: no old account associated with your funzio ID. Please set an old device. After I just transferred it on my main account.

So frustrated.

Anyone else know what I'm doing wrong?

Post Count

Seriously???

So does this really mean that there is no truly viable and reliable way to transfer my game to a new device? I will be getting a new iPad in the next couple of weeks and will need to transfer this game to that new device. It won't go over with the rest of the transfer of data? Seriously? Could this possibly be the reality?

iOS xfer

New iPhone Thursday, still no game. I was really impressed when Gree responded to the first email (ticket) within a few hours. The second reply came a few afters after that. Since then, I've sent two follow-up emails and still no reply...

Post Count
    The only way to transfer your game is actually easy. The only problem is it only works when you set up the new device. Save your old device to icloud. On your new device, power it on. Go through the setup instructions and connect to wifi (must be over wifi). Select restore from icloud. This will make two identical copies of the data on the devices (same songs, movies, apps, etc.). Then open MW on the new device and it should load. I know this cause my phone recently broke and I went to the apple store. Sadly, the apple store (not a reseller) had no more iPhones so they ordered me one I will get next week. I spoke to them about this and they said they will restore my new iPhone from my broken phones backup and transfer the games and everything. IT DOES WORK. You just need to be a little bit tech savvy to understand the process.
    MODERN WAR and CRIME CITY
    Destroy the world one n00b at a time.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Thank goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Ericinico View Post
    The only way to transfer your game is actually easy. The only problem is it only works when you set up the new device. Save your old device to icloud. On your new device, power it on. Go through the setup instructions and connect to wifi (must be over wifi). Select restore from icloud. This will make two identical copies of the data on the devices (same songs, movies, apps, etc.). Then open MW on the new device and it should load. I know this cause my phone recently broke and I went to the apple store. Sadly, the apple store (not a reseller) had no more iPhones so they ordered me one I will get next week. I spoke to them about this and they said they will restore my new iPhone from my broken phones backup and transfer the games and everything. IT DOES WORK. You just need to be a little bit tech savvy to understand the process.
    Glad to hear somebody knows of a way to transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Ericinico View Post
    Ericinico, please confirm this works once you get your new iphone. I have a feeling it will only download the app and not your specific account. I tried the itunes method with no success. Backup (cloud or computer) is just the app, not your account. I hope I'm wrong, please let us know.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KingAbeFroman View Post
    Ericinico, please confirm this works once you get your new iphone. I have a feeling it will only download the app and not your specific account. I tried the itunes method with no success. Backup (cloud or computer) is just the app, not your account. I hope I'm wrong, please let us know.
    The game data files are associated with the device and account. Meaning that when you install MW the app size my be 300MB. When you buy a building it may increase to 310MB. The app data is saved in your backup. So when you restore from the backup the data associated with your base is saved. The GREE server allegedly notices that the data on your device is the same account as the data associated with an account on their servers and links the device to that account. Allegedly.When I get my new phone ill post and let everyone know.
    MODERN WAR and CRIME CITY
    Destroy the world one n00b at a time.