New (better) quest armor not equipped - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New (better) quest armor not equipped

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx-AC View Post
    60 swings should be enough to get an idea on that, IMHO. If I had to swing over 200 times just to see a single hit over 345 that would signify AA factoring into that, I would surmise that AA is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things anyway.

In the 60 hits I did, I had numerous intervals of data...like 345, 338, 324, 321, 317, 314, 307, 296, 293, 286, etc down to 259. Many of those intervals showed up multiple times. This means that HS and WA were affecting it on every single hit, since I would have never made the max (and min) of HS + WA if they weren't.

Bottom line is AA was not affecting it, else I could not have hit the minimum of 259. If AA, which was 44, was being added into the equation at all, then my mimimum hit according to your equation would have been no lower than (0.75)(230+115+44), or 291.

I had several hits in the 260's, 270's, and 280's.
    And while I agree that's what your data says, if AA isn't accounted for then my own max hit of 304 isn't possible. So it has to be accounted for and is just being offset exactly by the dimishing returns on your HS.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    Hi Shinazueli, you still have only room for one truth, do you?
    I believe your data, but mine is in the camp of Nyx-AC.
    HS = 151, weapon = 65, max hit = 216.
    Armor attack is missing from the equation, and that since a long time.

All pigs are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    I didn't know until now, so time for a ticket.
    KA: erwin _____ 403-143-939 ______ no requests needed _____ free player _____ FKG member

Post Count

Thank you Gree!

I see my Kaithen armour is now set at 59/127, on my profile, and so the original question has been answered with a change

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Belcar View Post
    I see my Kaithen armour is now set at 59/127, on my profile, and so the original question has been answered with a change
    Yes, I have also now my Kaithen equipped with 59/127. Thank you Gree!

Lurker
    Post Count

new armor, 59/127 on me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Belcar View Post
    Now for some additional data....going to get some swings on mobs in and see if my damage changed at all. 44AA to 59AA. I'm betting it won't, but I will be happy if it does change.

Note that if damage output does NOT change at all, then it has nothing to do with a HS cap, since the AA improvement, if it adds anything to the equation at all, should change the damage regardless of an HS cap/diminishing return.

We'll see...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Now for some additional data....going to get some swings on mobs in and see if my damage changed at all. 44AA to 59AA. I'm betting it won't, but I will be happy if it does change.

Note that if damage output does NOT change at all, then it has nothing to do with a HS cap, since the AA improvement, if it adds anything to the equation at all, should change the damage regardless of an HS cap/diminishing return.

We'll see...
    I killed one Kato Queen with the new armor, and no, my damage scores did not change. Of the around 20 hits I did, two of them were below 220, which shouldn't be possible if the new Kaithen armor gives me 15 more damage. Or even 3/4 of it as suggested by you Shin because that would be 10 more to the minimum. Also the max stayed in the same range as previously.

Thus I dare to say that the armor attack increase doesn't work as intended, or then we don't understand what it does.

Post Count
    My max hit did increase, I hit in the 280s max now, 102 WA 59AA 140HS

Lurker
    Post Count

New swing data since 59AA replaced 44AA

Recap: HS=230, WA=115, AA=59

(using LTQ mobs for their high hp reservoirs)

Damage per swing (sequential listing, broken up into groups of 5 swings):

...going to stop right there. 259 was the previous minimum hit I had wearing the 44AA piece. As I showed earlier, 259 is 75.07% of 345, which is my combined HS + WA value.

So basically, I added 15AA and my mimimum hit remained the same. My conclusion? For me, at least, AA does nothing at all. Sad.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Recap: HS=230, WA=115, AA=59

(using LTQ mobs for their high hp reservoirs)

Damage per swing (sequential listing, broken up into groups of 5 swings):

...going to stop right there. 259 was the previous minimum hit I had wearing the 44AA piece. As I showed earlier, 259 is 75.07% of 345, which is my combined HS + WA value.

So basically, I added 15AA and my mimimum hit remained the same. My conclusion? For me, at least, AA does nothing at all. Sad.
    I have the exactly same results, the increase in AA didn't help as my minimum stayed the same just below 215. My HS is 159 and WA is 102.

But I have seen damages up to 287, thus the AA has something to do with my damage. 75% of 288 would be 212, which has been my minimum earlier. Today I also leveled getting two more to HS, therefore my minimum is 213, max being with this calculation 292. I've seen 213 several times now when killing Kato Queens, 287 is still highest I've seen.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Another possible theory is that like Modern War for over a year with casualty rates, there are two kinds of players : the haves and the have nots... I really hope that's not the case. I don't have anything left to attack, so I'll have to wait to compile more data.

Also, just to be sure... You restarted KA after you equipped the new armor?
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    Another possible theory is that like Modern War for over a year with casualty rates, there are two kinds of players : the haves and the have nots... I really hope that's not the case. I don't have anything left to attack, so I'll have to wait to compile more data.

Also, just to be sure... You restarted KA after you equipped the new armor?
    Yes. I restarted KA a few times since then. You might be right with the "have nots" theory, though.

Post Count
    Just wanted to share the data I've been compiling for several months regarding Hero Strength, equipment attack value, and damage to mobs.

First, my method: In my Super Duper KA Spreadsheet of Death (TM), I enter the value of every non-kill hit in a column. Then add when I add to hero strength, or better my "best" weapon or armor, I add a new column. I enter 200 hits for each upgrade. I have 13 columns now (some have only 100-160 values in them but those short columns still show the same overall trend). I began at HS 105 + WA 59 + AA 35 and to date in my ss I entered through HS 135 + WA 102 + AA 44. (I have not yet added the Sword of 1000 Winters data - waiting for another LTQ to use it so because I am loathe to level up again. .)

What I found is this, in my experience:
    • Every +1 HS = +0.5 average damage.
    • Every +1 WA or AA = +1.5 average damage.
    • My maximum damage was never equal to my HS + WA + AA. Always less. For example, at 286 total HS + WA + AA (using the equipment shown as my "best" in my profile), my max damage is 272. (My min is 204 and my average & median are 237).
    • When I got the new armor with 59/118, it did NOTHING for my damage as compared to my "best" armor of 44/126. Similarly, when I got a 49 attack armor, it did nothing for me either. So it's clear that, unlike PvP where your best attack is used on attack and best defense on defense, your "best" armor in PvE is the highest defense one and the new armor does nothing at all for mob damage because while it is very much the best attack armor, AND best total attack+damage, the game will not equip it for attacks. Which, IMO, sucks. You get better attack armor, you get nothing for your hero as long as that 44/126 remains your "best" (emphasis on the quotes around "best").

Anyway, FWIW, that is my data and analysis of it. Pick it apart as you choose.

All your manor are belong to us.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Just wanted to share the data I've been compiling for several months regarding Hero Strength, equipment attack value, and damage to mobs.

First, my method: In my Super Duper KA Spreadsheet of Death (TM), I enter the value of every non-kill hit in a column. Then add when I add to hero strength, or better my "best" weapon or armor, I add a new column. I enter 200 hits for each upgrade. I have 13 columns now (some have only 100-160 values in them but those short columns still show the same overall trend). I began at HS 105 + WA 59 + AA 35 and to date in my ss I entered through HS 135 + WA 102 + AA 44. (I have not yet added the Sword of 1000 Winters data - waiting for another LTQ to use it so because I am loathe to level up again. .)

What I found is this, in my experience:
    • Every +1 HS = +0.5 average damage.
    • Every +1 WA or AA = +1.5 average damage.
    • My maximum damage was never equal to my HS + WA + AA. Always less. For example, at 286 total HS + WA + AA (using the equipment shown as my "best" in my profile), my max damage is 272. (My min is 204 and my average & median are 237).
    • When I got the new armor with 59/118, it did NOTHING for my damage as compared to my "best" armor of 44/126. Similarly, when I got a 49 attack armor, it did nothing for me either. So it's clear that, unlike PvP where your best attack is used on attack and best defense on defense, your "best" armor in PvE is the highest defense one and the new armor does nothing at all for mob damage because while it is very much the best attack armor, AND best total attack+damage, the game will not equip it for attacks. Which, IMO, sucks. You get better attack armor, you get nothing for your hero as long as that 44/126 remains your "best" (emphasis on the quotes around "best").

Anyway, FWIW, that is my data and analysis of it. Pick it apart as you choose.
    Great analysis. You know they upgraded the armor to 59/127, right?

So what's the answer?

So how do you know what weapon can be equipped by what class?

It' quite frustrating. My current weapon is 76 attack and 94 defence but I've just won one that has 102 attack and 92 defence. It's very annoying that my guy won't equip it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    Great analysis. You know they upgraded the armor to 59/127, right?
    No, I didn't notice that yet. Thanks for letting me know! *Does happy dance.*

All your manor are belong to us.