GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New (better) quest armor not equipped

Lurker
    Post Count

Just did 60 swings

Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    I've verified it correlating within + or - 3 points at HS of 60/80/100/120/140 and it's a straight linear function so far. As I go up I'll add more points but I'm pretty sure.

For reference I'm at HS 147 WA 115 and Armor 44 and my max hit over the last week including thousands of swings is 304. Pretty darn close I'd say.

Maybe 200 swings isn't enough data? Or you missed the higher ones? I know it can be hard to stare at the screen for an hour of straight tapping.

Or there may actually be a diminishing returns factor in the HS, but I haven't seen any evidence of one yet. To really get good data I use an LTQ as a data set because I know ill swing a thousand times and that helps to get a normal distribution.
    Just finished doing a 60 swing trial 15 mins ago. I had every swing typed out, but it must have taken too long on the webpage because when I finally went to post it the page said I had entered a wrong answer for the secret question and I lost all the hits I typed in (I was the idiot for not copying the data first). Here is the summary, though:

60 swings, 18483 total damage, 308.05 average
    high hit was 345 (4 times), low hit was 259 (1 time, though had some 262 hits as well).
    308.05 is roughly 1/2 way between 345 and 259

Again, HS = 230, WA = 115, AA = 44

Lurker
    Post Count
    Oh, and 259 is 75.07% of 345, so your 75% of max for minimum theory seems correct.

Lurker
    Post Count

sample size

60 swings should be enough to get an idea on that, IMHO. If I had to swing over 200 times just to see a single hit over 345 that would signify AA factoring into that, I would surmise that AA is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things anyway.

In the 60 hits I did, I had numerous intervals of data...like 345, 338, 324, 321, 317, 314, 307, 296, 293, 286, etc down to 259. Many of those intervals showed up multiple times. This means that HS and WA were affecting it on every single hit, since I would have never made the max (and min) of HS + WA if they weren't.

Bottom line is AA was not affecting it, else I could not have hit the minimum of 259. If AA, which was 44, was being added into the equation at all, then my mimimum hit according to your equation would have been no lower than (0.75)(230+115+44), or 291.

I had several hits in the 260's, 270's, and 280's.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    So just deal with it, like everyone else.
    What do you think I've been doing, I've been here as long as anybody.

Lurker
    Post Count

I think you are on the right track though...

Shin, the data I am supplying is not meant to degrade your viewpoint, so I hope you aren't taking it that way. Like yourself, I just like to get to the bottom of things.

It is possible that for my character, the armor I am using or whatever if broken. Or, maybe because my HS is so high, I don't get the beneft of AA . Who knows how Gree decided to work the parameters on this stuff?

I would like things to be a little more transparent though. Maybe a little (max/min) entry on our profile page to clarify what we are trying to confirm.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx-AC View Post
    Shin, the data I am supplying is not meant to degrade your viewpoint, so I hope you aren't taking it that way. Like yourself, I just like to get to the bottom of things.

It is possible that for my character, the armor I am using or whatever if broken. Or, maybe because my HS is so high, I don't get the beneft of AA . Who knows how Gree decided to work the parameters on this stuff?

I would like things to be a little more transparent though. Maybe a little (max/min) entry on our profile page to clarify what we are trying to confirm.
    Here I have to agree Nyx-AC. Because of this thread I've been keeping an eye on my damages my Hero does. My starting point was before the new weapons from this LTQ. I had Thorn of the Drake (89/79) and Dragonscale Plate (44/126). With this combo I did a minimum average of just over 190 damage, and with a max of around 260.

Then I got the Kaithen Executioner weapon 102/92, an increase of 13 points of damage. I have then done hundreds of hits with this combo (guild quest...). My minimum increased to around 215, while the max went to around 285. So there was an increase in both ends with this new weapon.

Today I got the Kaithen Plate, 59/118, and if my hero would be using it for attacks, the increase should be that same, as the damage done from the armor was increased with 15. But I killed now the Kato Frost Queen, had to do around 50 hits to it, and my min or max brackets are unchanged. The second to last hit was 212, which was exactly same as my previous low with the Executioner/Dragonscale combo. Therefore I can say that my new Kaithen Plate isn't used. If it was, I couldn't have done the same minimum damage.

Sirius, can you check this bug? I did a support ticket too, that it is logged, or would you do the fast solution to this by increasing all Kaithen armor defenses to 128? Then our heroes would equip them and you would have more time to solve the bug you have.

Can somebody else soon getting the Kaithen plate do similar checks for their damages before and after the Kaithen plate?
    Last edited by Silent follower; 07-02-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Added last question to others

Post Count
    Your hero alway uses weapon with strongest attack and armor with strongest defense.
    Kaithen Plate (59/118) has not as much defense as Dragonscale Plate (44/126) --> Dragonscale Plate is equipped

Itīs easy.
    ID 941 689 850

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pophai View Post
    Your hero alway uses weapon with strongest attack and armor with strongest defense.
    Kaithen Plate (59/118) has not as much defense as Dragonscale Plate (44/126) --> Dragonscale Plate is equipped

Itīs easy.
    But why did they then create this armor? No hero will ever use them, as all have got a 44/126 armor from the Normal levels. This was my original message to Sirius, that make the Kaithen armors a little stronger like 59/128 instead of the current 59/118 and we could enjoy them.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent follower View Post
    But why did they then create this armor? No hero will ever use them, as all have got a 44/126 armor from the Normal levels. This was my original message to Sirius, that make the Kaithen armors a little stronger like 59/128 instead of the current 59/118 and we could enjoy them.
    This is getting back to the important point of the thread. You math whizzes got distracted. It really doesn't make sense. I can offer three solutions:

1) Make weapons only have attack and armor only have defense (probably a little late for that).
    2) Make it so people can choose what weapons and armor they equip and use.
    3) Make sure if they intend to provide upgraded armor, both stats are increased over what they are intending to upgrade.

I doubt that anything can be done on this LTQ at this point. The easiest solution is #3... if Gree keeps that in mind in the future, it wouldn't require and programming to alleviate the issue.

Post Count
    I just want to add one thing that may or may not be relavant.

givin the way the game is set up. Are you sure you are using the armor and weapons you "see" your hero equipped with??

I mean When your army is attacking you get the best offensive unit you own on the field of battle. When your being attacked you get the best defensive units you own.

Would the armor and weapons work the same way. So i am equiped with a armor that has an attack of 44....but ...i have armor that has 59 att. should this be part of your equation.

Just one example...is the Cupids Bow...even though you dont have it equipped ...you still get the bonus army att of +100.

I could be wrong but the "rules " of the game dont seem to change when dealing with units/weapons/armor.

What do you think???

KA: 630-568-270

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And, to further muddy the water, just what does the defense rating of your armor do and when does it come in to play? Is there a difference between having it equipped and having it being used by your army. Both count towards your defense total, right?

Lurker
    Post Count

EQ earned from quests does not fit my profile.

I am of the opinion that most of the equipment awarded as quest prizes are intended to equip your allies and not your hero character. This is unfortunate ... and somewhat expensive when you consider the amount of energy required to get through the stage ...

I am, however, a proud owner of the "Sword of 1000 Winters" and look forwards to introducing you to it if I happen to meet you in my journeys

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    And, to further muddy the water, just what does the defense rating of your armor do and when does it come in to play? Is there a difference between having it equipped and having it being used by your army. Both count towards your defense total, right?
    It affects your hero's avoidance. Hard to tell for sure, but there is a subtle change in how often you get hit with higher defense.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    It affects your hero's avoidance. Hard to tell for sure, but there is a subtle change in how often you get hit with higher defense.
    This indeed. It was quite noticeable when I upgraded my 89 def armor for a 126 one

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx-AC View Post
    Just finished doing a 60 swing trial 15 mins ago. I had every swing typed out, but it must have taken too long on the webpage because when I finally went to post it the page said I had entered a wrong answer for the secret question and I lost all the hits I typed in (I was the idiot for not copying the data first). Here is the summary, though:

60 swings, 18483 total damage, 308.05 average
    high hit was 345 (4 times), low hit was 259 (1 time, though had some 262 hits as well).
    308.05 is roughly 1/2 way between 345 and 259

Again, HS = 230, WA = 115, AA = 44
    Odd. I've talked to a few of my guild mates and they also have correlated their own damage with my findings. That being said, none of us have HS that high yet. My only conclusion is that there's an undetermined dimishing returns factor in the HS portion of the calculation that just isn't apparent at lower levels of hero strength. It has to be HS because we all have the same armor and weapon.

Also, I don't take it personally. This is what science is all about.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013